Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #61
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i am a teacher too but i have been one for years so i can park mine next to my office with none of my teacher "friends" able to open their doors on it or back into it.
When i drove a Nimbus ( don't laugh) a teacher backed into me so hard that it lifted the passenger side off the ground.

The school kids know it is death to touch the gt. YOu can look down both sides and not see a ding, scratch or a ripple.

Back on topic. The answer is no, not even to run in and get a timetable!

Classic with modular plastic
Legit290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #62
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what I have/do : I have an old beatup XF utility with a rebuilt driveline, it has primer patches on it where rust has been repaired and all, its wonky and dented and looks like a pile of poop, BUT it gets me there and it gets me back thanks to rebuilt driveline, AND if some dropkick wants to door ding it, whilst that sucks its not the first dent in the car, if they choose to steal it and burn it out I have it insured for 3k (value of driveline) so I won't lose money there either. Enables me to get there drop car anywhere and get home without worrying.

The fact that society has such a low level of respect for other peoples' cars which makes me do this is a whole other topic....

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #63
Snake Bite

no, that why I bought a ***** box which I am happy to park anywhere
Old 25-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #64
KYSBF

Not my good car.

Reminds me of the late '80s or early '90s we left a mates oldies XD at a station, Goodna or Gailes maybe. Rocked on at Motley Crue and returned to the car minus it's spotties.
KYSBF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #65
CODSASR

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8

My wife work's in Melb 3-4 day's a week, I drop her at the station every morning and pick her up after work from there, I see the low life's that like to frequant this area and know quite a few of the V/Line staff and hear numorous problem's, and I can tell you now there is no way I would leave my XR8 there for a day, my choice.
I am in Kyneton and hate taking my car anywhere in Bendigo full stop. There seem to be more low lifes there then any other town.

A few months ago I was at safeway down here I was in there for 10 mins came out and found the triangle window in the right back door smashed nothing stolen I guess they thought my sons car seat needed to look like a twighlight vampire worst part was trying to get all the glass out of the car seat

2012 SZ TS Territory
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #66
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODSASR
I am in Kyneton and hate taking my car anywhere in Bendigo full stop. There seem to be more low lifes there then any other town.

A few months ago I was at safeway down here I was in there for 10 mins came out and found the triangle window in the right back door smashed nothing stolen I guess they thought my sons car seat needed to look like a twighlight vampire worst part was trying to get all the glass out of the car seat
I know what you mean about Bendigo, that's why Bendigo is the Hoon capital, hoon's / lowlife's and young people that have no respect what so ever.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #67
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I know what you mean about Bendigo, that's why Bendigo is the Hoon capital, hoon's / lowlife's and young people that have no respect what so ever.
Funny you should mention that, the one time our car got broken into was in Bendigo about 10 years ago. Mum in her wisdom parked the Kingswood wagon chockers full of luggage outside the train station.