Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-01-2015, 10:06 AM   #661
ACTIV8

Default Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

Yeah, I've got money to burn...that's what it was all about LOL.
ACTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2015, 01:00 PM   #662
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another auto kinetic blue xr8 available at heartland ford chullora in NSW. Ready for immediate delivery but they want $64990.

George
geobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2015, 09:49 PM   #663
DK30RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by notty1978 View Post
Auto
And ready to go to a good home.
I'm just amazed we have it and it's not sold
wow. I had 2 orders from 2 dealers for a kinetic blue auto. Both fell through.

In the end i picked up a White auto from another dealer who had a customer who was willing to wait for a 2015 build.

If i knew about this i would have seriously considered it before the 24th dec. But i have the white now, and i love it. It was my second choice however...
DK30RB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-01-2015, 11:27 AM   #664
notty1978
NOTTY

Oh well it will go soon its only a tad over $63,000
so I don't think its over priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK30RB View Post
wow. I had 2 orders from 2 dealers for a kinetic blue auto. Both fell through.

In the end i picked up a White auto from another dealer who had a customer who was willing to wait for a 2015 build.

If i knew about this i would have seriously considered it before the 24th dec. But i have the white now, and i love it. It was my second choice however...
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2015, 11:02 PM   #665
DK30RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by notty1978 View Post
Oh well it will go soon its only a tad over $63,000
so I don't think its over priced.
I think if someone is desperate they will buy it.

Otherwise the price is a lot more than i paid.

Good luck with it, i think it will sell quickly.

Daniel.
DK30RB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2015, 12:15 AM   #666
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Motorama Ford at Moorooka have a black auto on the showroom available. Talk to Senior or Glen they will look after you!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2015, 10:37 AM   #667
AussieCJ7

Dont know how the hell Ford think they can claim any level of success when their dealers dont want to sell these.

3 dealers all saying oh we cannt get them how about an XR6 turbo instead. They then get really ****ed when I say what so I get nothing but a new front grill and stereo from what I already have.
AussieCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #668
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is a question for one of the dealers, or anyone else who may know.

I have placed an order for my XR8 back in October once the pricing was revealed, deposit placed and contract drawn I didn't ask for a 2015 build or anything I'm happy to take delivery whenever the car is ready, they said should be around end of January.

I have asked the dealer a couple of times for updates but they are stating the order has been placed but Ford has not yet allocated the car yet.

Can someone please explain the process to me?

While yes I understand there is a demand and yes there are plenty of orders in the system but why after 3 months Ford have not allocated a build for me? Is this a Ford or Dealer issue? I was actually thinking of ringing Ford Customer service to ask.

George
Old 06-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #669
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post

I have placed an order for my XR8 back in October once the pricing was revealed, deposit placed and contract drawn I didn't ask for a 2015 build or anything I'm happy to take delivery whenever the car is ready, they said should be around end of January.

I have asked the dealer a couple of times for updates but they are stating the order has been placed but Ford has not yet allocated the car yet.

While yes I understand there is a demand and yes there are plenty of orders in the system but why after 3 months Ford have not allocated a build for me? Is this a Ford or Dealer issue? I was actually thinking of ringing Ford Customer service to ask.

George
Its more of a dealer issue as dealers get a certain allocation of cars, based on a number of different variables (previous sales history, location etc etc). Your dealer might have been only allocated a few XR8's for the first batch (2014 plate cars).

From this they get cars allocated on a monthly / quarterly basis. That is they might have 3 XR8's coming in the next quarter. They should have an idea of when they are going into build but wont have specifics until closer.

Unfortunately dealers have been known to put people further down the que to get a more recent sale, that is someone comes in pays full till and wants a car quick, some will put existing orders down the que for the quick sell.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2015, 07:47 PM   #670
FPV-800

I too ordered a new XR8 in the middle of October and placed deposit, and my Dealer still can't tell me a rough delivery date due to Ford not giving them any information yet. It can't be that hard to work out if they build, say 3 engines per day, so many production days in the month and allocate to custumers as per orders coming in. When I ordered my BA XR8 in 2003 they told me it would take 3 months from day of order and was happy to wait. Why can't they tell us now ?
FPV-800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2015, 07:49 PM   #671
LASTXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post

George
This is the way it is according to 3 dealers I spoke to.
Put it simply

Quote:
Ford don't let us order,
They offer us cars, we can request additional cars and reject cars,

Until they allocate cars we can't do anything.

Once they allocate we can pick colour, transmission etc
for the cars in that allocation.
LASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2015, 07:56 PM   #672
LASTXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj-apples View Post
I too ordered a new XR8 in the middle of October and placed deposit, and my Dealer still can't tell me a rough delivery date due to Ford not giving them any information yet. It can't be that hard to work out if they build, say 3 engines per day, so many production days in the month and allocate to custumers as per orders coming in. When I ordered my BA XR8 in 2003 they told me it would take 3 months from day of order and was happy to wait. Why can't they tell us now ?
The way I see it,
Don't think it has anything to do with how many they build
but how many your dealership get in the next allocation and
how many people are in front of you at your dealership
LASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #673
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG2-XR6 View Post
The way I see it,
Don't think it has anything to do with how many they build
but how many your dealership get in the next allocation and
how many people are in front of you at your dealership
The dealership has to wait until ford give them A car, your dealership is not owned, run or controlled by ford motor company, it is a dealership, the reason you have no info, is basically, because they have no info.
They don't get paid until you pay, they want you out the door ASAP too.
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2015, 09:27 PM   #674
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So patients is the key then I guess. I'm fairly certain I was the second one to place the order, I think at last check there was 6-7 on the list at this dealer.

At least I know I am the first to have placed a deposit on a xr6 limited edition at the same dealer IF they ever get made ;).

Production may start to get ramped up now in the year after they come back from their well deserved break at the factory.

George
Old 07-01-2015, 07:41 AM   #675
ACTIV8

I think you mean patience but hey, maybe not under the circumstances???

What is said above nails it, it's an issue you wouldn't have had in years gone by but Ford has scaled but production deliberately progressively and there are only so many cars being built, Territory and Falcon and I don't believe they care to scale up production no matter what.

Do the simple math, if there are only 1200 cars being built over the next almost two years and more than 200 Ford Dealers...my advice, see if you can get out of your contract and go grab Notty's Kinetic one!

By the way, I have 4 Orders placed in August that I can't know for sure when I will have cars for.
ACTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2015, 08:33 AM   #676
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...GC-AD-17073802

Is this a joke? $75k and advertised as dealer demo/used. Just shy of $20,000 more than people are paying from good dealerships.

Has anyone told him the mining boom is over?? Idiot!!
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2015, 08:40 AM   #677
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX S/C V8 View Post
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...GC-AD-17073802

Is this a joke? $75k and advertised as dealer demo/used. Just shy of $20,000 more than people are paying from good dealerships.

Has anyone told him the mining boom is over?? Idiot!!
Might be its just been demo'd, minimum retention for demos is 28 days, you aren't going to hide the act you have it, so whack a stupid price and people know its there at least. Advertised price is rarely ever the price paid for cars,
Old 07-01-2015, 08:52 AM   #678
FGX008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTIV8 View Post
I think you mean patience but hey, maybe not under the circumstances???

What is said above nails it, it's an issue you wouldn't have had in years gone by but Ford has scaled but production deliberately progressively and there are only so many cars being built, Territory and Falcon and I don't believe they care to scale up production no matter what.

Do the simple math, if there are only 1200 cars being built over the next almost two years and more than 200 Ford Dealers...my advice, see if you can get out of your contract and go grab Notty's Kinetic one!

By the way, I have 4 Orders placed in August that I can't know for sure when I will have cars for.

It's still strange on cars are being allocated to buyers. I ordered my car on 27 Oct 14 and took delivery on 24 Dec 14 and yet there are forum members who placed orders much sooner than I did and are still waiting for advice on when their cars will be built and delivered. I understand from at least one thread in this forum that the member did not stipulate a 2015 build (and neither did I) and yet he placed his order at the beginning of Oct 14. Go figure!
Old 07-01-2015, 12:23 PM   #679
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dealers are sending buyers down the queue when new people show up prepared to pay more.... is anyone honestly surprised?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #680
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
whack a stupid price and people know its there at least. Advertised price is rarely ever the price paid for cars,
Advertise it at all, and people know its there. The high price is simply a cash grab. That's their right, but by the same token, they shouldn't be upset when prospective buyers treat them with the contempt they deserve.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 11:38 AM   #681
notty1978
NOTTY

Still for sale
get your self a deal

http://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/det.../?Cr=0&sdmvc=1
Old 08-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #682
fnm17

I have had brand new Fords for my last 3 cars, but the way some dealers are bumping up prices on the XR8, I think I might go to another brand for the time being ��
fnm17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #683
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What does the customer recieve from the dealership that warrants the $7000 dealer delivery fee attached to this vehicle?
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #684
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX-302 View Post
What does the customer recieve from the dealership that warrants the $7000 dealer delivery fee attached to this vehicle?
They receive the car, guarenteed, no wait.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:38 PM   #685
notty1978
NOTTY

Wink Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

THE CAR....NOW...

And its not $7000 dealer delivery. that would be unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX-302 View Post
Old 08-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #686
cycle myth

Ok - I'm confused if its $7,000 more and its not $7,000 dealer delivery fee what is the $7,000?
cycle myth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #687
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycle myth View Post
Ok - I'm confused if its $7,000 more and its not $7,000 dealer delivery fee what is the $7,000?
You're looking at it wrong, when things are in high demand and low stock, prices go up, when they're in low demand and high stock prices come down, it's like the stock market, they have the product, it is in demand, they're looking for the person that does not want to wait, if someone's prepared to wait upto 12 months I'm sure they wouldn't be asking this price
Old 08-01-2015, 12:53 PM   #688
335JET
@jas_23_

But shouldn't an auto xr8 be like 60-61k drive away...
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #689
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 4LTR View Post
But shouldn't an auto xr8 be like 60-61k drive away...
Yes, at rrp, but he has a car, in stock, if the price isn't right go somewhere else and buy there in stock car...... There is none? My dealership is thinking our next stock car is due December onwards.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:56 PM   #690
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
They receive the car, guarenteed, no wait.
I'll be waiting then

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post