Vanish335

Default Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

Yeh calypso green or wild violet would be sweet
Vanish335 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #632
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Vermillion Fire please (or Hot Chilli Red )
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-01-2015, 11:11 PM   #633
335JET
@jas_23_

i'd like to see an orangie/redish colour like Mars red or mandarine make a comeback.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #634
ACTIV8

Price is also going up a Grand on XR8 and increased Metallic Paint to $450, all kicking in from March 1st, so anyone getting one after that...be prepared for digging a little deeper into your pockets.
ACTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2015, 04:57 PM   #635
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTIV8 View Post
Price is also going up a Grand on XR8 and increased Metallic Paint to $450, all kicking in from March 1st, so anyone getting one after that...be prepared for digging a little deeper into your pockets.
What if a contract is already signed and deposit paid with an expected delivery after March? Surely the signed contract should protect the price?

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2015, 06:20 PM   #636
Winter XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkym01 View Post
What if a contract is already signed and deposit paid with an expected delivery after March? Surely the signed contract should protect the price?
One of the dealers told me that the contracts are only valid if delivered in 3 months, after that they can sell it for market prices. Not sure if this is correct or just typical salesman crap.

Current Rides
2014 FGX XR8 - Kinetic, auto.
Mods: Manta Twin 3" S/S Cat Back - Loud Version, DPE High Flow Cats, KPM Streetfighter Stage 2 Intercooler, KPM Twin Air Filter, Herrod High Flow Fuel Pump, JLT/Herrod Oil Catch Can.
Tuned by Monsta Torque to 403rwkw.
2013 Ranger XL - White.

Previous Rides
2005 BA MK 2 XR8 - Winter White, auto, custom twin 2 1/2" s/s exhaust, pacemaker extractors.
Winter XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2015, 06:39 PM   #637
335POWER
formerly Troy23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter XR8 View Post
One of the dealers told me that the contracts are only valid if delivered in 3 months, after that they can sell it for market prices. Not sure if this is correct or just typical salesman crap.
It'd wanna be typical salesman crap, coz I've signed a contract myself, deposit paid. I ain't paying anymore than what's on that contract!

Mods: Pacemaker competition headers, hi flow cat, x-force cat back exhaust, K&N air filter, Kings SSSL springs, Herrod CAI, Powerbond under drive, XR6T injectors[B]
335POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2015, 07:15 PM   #638
Tbm1121

Depends on dealership, but its not a dealership thing it's a ford thing, probably going up to cover the cost of adding more cars to the schedule to allow more customers to get cars.
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2015, 07:25 PM   #639
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Interesting info.............when I put down a deposit 3 months ago the salesman told me in a matter of fact manner they would not be building any XR8s in 2014 so I placed a deposit on a 2015 built car. I think in the mean time while I'm waiting for delivery I will trust the dealer will do what's right and honour the deal. Failing that they don't, it may be a case of unleashing the wife........from past experience when I'm buying the wife a new car nothing gets between it and her, she always knows the right people to contact.......its kind of like watching a monkey attack a cup cake, very amusing to sit back and watch

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #640
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Does the contract have an expiry date on it? Is there a clause in it that says this expires in 3 months from the signing date? If not they're full of it.

Last I checked if you sign a contract for a future piece of work on an agreed date the contract is valid unless it has escape clauses.

IANAL
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2015, 07:45 PM   #641
Tbm1121

There's always a clause that if price rises occur they can pass them along, also if government charges or insurances change it can be passed on, but different dealerships will do this in different ways.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #642
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
There's always a clause that if price rises occur they can pass them along, also if government charges or insurances change it can be passed on, but different dealerships will do this in different ways.
I dont disagree with that, but there will be a corresponding change to a state or federal law to back them up. It'd be a brave dealer who tried to bump up the price of the car just because they think they can.

There is a thing about contracts, they cant supersede the law if I sign a contract that says you can kill me it's not valid because you'd have to break a law to do it.

If Ford don't increase the RRP and the government don't alter their charges then I would find it difficult to believe a dealer could legally invoke that clause to increase the price.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2015, 09:25 PM   #643
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I would hope for any extra 1000 beans they would be painting the engine bay and under bonnet with a top coat.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #644
Winter XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did anyone actually read there contracts or just sign on the dotted line? I don't know if there is a clause or not. It could be crap but it could also depend on the relationship with your dealer.

Current Rides
2014 FGX XR8 - Kinetic, auto.
Mods: Manta Twin 3" S/S Cat Back - Loud Version, DPE High Flow Cats, KPM Streetfighter Stage 2 Intercooler, KPM Twin Air Filter, Herrod High Flow Fuel Pump, JLT/Herrod Oil Catch Can.
Tuned by Monsta Torque to 403rwkw.
2013 Ranger XL - White.

Previous Rides
2005 BA MK 2 XR8 - Winter White, auto, custom twin 2 1/2" s/s exhaust, pacemaker extractors.
Winter XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2015, 10:16 PM   #645
Vanish335

I think the dealer can change the price check this out fellas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.6 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by Vanish335; 02-01-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Vanish335 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 12:05 AM   #646
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish335 View Post
I think the dealer can change the price check this out fellas
Every dealership will have a different contract, the part that applies is that if costs change they have the right to pass it on, in writing and gives the customer a certain amount of days notice before its enforced. This accounts for manufacturers mlp's, stamp duty, gst and ctp. They can't just change the price, but if costs change then they can change the price accordingly, ie ford puts it up$1000 for the car & up $115 for paint, they can only add $1115 and no more.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:32 AM   #647
CQB-241
Car tragic

With all the price issues with this model already (from what had been said here, to date dealer initiated, fortunately so far not my experience), if people who signed up in good faith this year for a car which simply could not be supplied until March or beyond next year there should be hell to pay if the price is jacked up for the "supply cost" reason. This especially applies if a DD exceeds said cost, but regardless there is a fair margin in XR8 between wholesale and RRP. Anyone on the dealer side who is not planning to go the way of the dodo should be wary of any futher hikes on a purchase which has already been the subject of a RRP PLUS contract. Especially when such "plus" (ie DD and on roads) still exceeds the value of the value of the hike from Ford ($1-1.1K) and on-roads.

My experience: 1st to order from my dealership (early Oct), 1st manual car allocation due March build was one I wanted (dealer due an auto in Dec and another in Jan/Feb), inked deal included DD of $1450 plus on roads...I would expect them to carry that given deal was drive away and signed as such for a set amount. A deal is a deal. Especially relevant as the margin between wholesale (from Ford to dealer) and RRP is quite generous with the XR8.
CQB-241 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2015, 09:07 AM   #648
mtbkym01
"Final 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335POWER View Post
It'd wanna be typical salesman crap, coz I've signed a contract myself, deposit paid. I ain't paying anymore than what's on that contract!
Stillwells?, That's where mine is ordered. Could be interesting

PXIII XLT - Meteor Grey
3.2 6spd Auto
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #649
ACTIV8

This will all be very interesting as it plays out.

What I would do, if it was my call, is to leave the price as is for obvious reasons, a lot of which are covered above but it isn't my call in this case, so best I can do is sell the increase to the buyer as best I can.

I doubt that there is a single contract out there that doesn't give the Dealer the right to increase the price when a Manufacturer lifts theirs...I guess we as Dealers should be able to argue the same case back to Ford...we ordered these cars, honour the price from time of order...how do you think we'll go?
Old 03-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #650
notty1978
NOTTY

Ready to go if anyone wants it

http://s374.photobucket.com/user/Mat...tml?sort=3&o=0

Last edited by notty1978; 03-01-2015 at 10:51 AM.
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 11:16 AM   #651
CQB-241
Car tragic

Quote:
This will all be very interesting as it plays out.

What I would do, if it was my call, is to leave the price as is for obvious reasons, a lot of which are covered above but it isn't my call in this case, so best I can do is sell the increase to the buyer as best I can.

I doubt that there is a single contract out there that doesn't give the Dealer the right to increase the price when a Manufacturer lifts theirs...I guess we as Dealers should be able to argue the same case back to Ford...we ordered these cars, honour the price from time of order...how do you think we'll go?
What your DP should do IS argue the case for exsiting contracts and then, if FA don't play ball, wear it, especially if in DD on cars where the delivery time is an issue of FA factory supply rather than customer demand. Any dealer who does this earns my respect and will be in a stronger position for future business. I suspect your DP may well do this to maintain good will with your customer base as is good LONG TERM business strategy (your prior posts suggest you have one) but unsure if FA will do the same for you as the question of long term strategy te the existing loyal customer pool.....
Old 03-01-2015, 11:25 AM   #652
CQB-241
Car tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by notty1978 View Post
imageimageReady to go if anyone wants it

imageimage
Surprised you still have one if priced fairly. If I didn't already have my 1st choice in the 1st available build (Silhouette manual, March '15, in WA) I would be at least calling.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:23 PM   #653
notty1978
NOTTY

Well at lease I got the chance to drive one so far on a test drive. But I don't know why we still have it. my guess is that once everyone finds out that the car they have ordered from there dealer will not arrive it will go asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQB-241 View Post
Surprised you still have one if priced fairly. If I didn't already have my 1st choice in the 1st available build (Silhouette manual, March '15, in WA) I would be at least calling.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:51 PM   #654
335JET
@jas_23_

I will be extremely disappointed with ford if this extra cost get passed on to those who have already signed contracts, myself included.
This has been my first purchase of a new car & so far its gone well, this will really be a sour purchase if this extra charge gets added, forget the fine print its just so morally wrong, i just hope my dealer & all other ford dealers see this the same way as I do.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2015, 05:11 PM   #655
ACTIV8

Years ago I sold a customer an F6 Sedan and an XR6 Sedan for his Son. I had just previously sold an F6 to a buddy who wanted to replace the Wheels & Tyres and the subsequent customer wanted F6 Wheels on his Son's car.

My Price at the time to buy the F6 Wheel & Tyre Package was $6,500 but my buddy was happy to take $3,500 for his, so I did a deal on the Wheels for this guy at $3,500.00.

**** happens, my mate didn't go ahead and (as 99.9% of my contracts are) my contract with the first customer was verbal.

Needless to say, I was pretty freakin' nervous about what had to happen but there was one thing not negotiable...my word is my bond.

At the time I was in a slightly different role and I got the support of the Dealership to back my word at our expense but I offered and would have made good, to put the additional money in personally.

I am in a slightly different situation now and honestly, the guys that I have ordered cars for are all verbal contracts, based on their trust in me and our past relationship...every single one of them.

I am under instructions to pass on the extra cost in every case, I will discuss it with each of them and if any relationship is at risk because of it, I will put my own cash in to make it work...the easiest bit is to forego commission up front and then if it takes my cash, it takes my cash.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #656
ACTIV8

...and will someone please buy Notty's car!!!!

It's a ripper deal and it's there and it's Kinetic Blue for crying out loud!

The last ever Blue Oval Falcon V8 in Blue Oval Blue...WTF is wrong with you people!!!
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #657
335JET
@jas_23_

Quote:
...and will someone please buy Notty's car!!!!

It's a ripper deal and it's there and it's Kinetic Blue for crying out loud!

The last ever Blue Oval Falcon V8 in Blue Oval Blue...WTF is wrong with you people!!!
Is it auto or manual?
Old 03-01-2015, 06:40 PM   #658
Tbm1121

Quote:
Years ago I sold a customer an F6 Sedan and an XR6 Sedan for his Son. I had just previously sold an F6 to a buddy who wanted to replace the Wheels & Tyres and the subsequent customer wanted F6 Wheels on his Son's car.

My Price at the time to buy the F6 Wheel & Tyre Package was $6,500 but my buddy was happy to take $3,500 for his, so I did a deal on the Wheels for this guy at $3,500.00.

**** happens, my mate didn't go ahead and (as 99.9% of my contracts are) my contract with the first customer was verbal.

Needless to say, I was pretty freakin' nervous about what had to happen but there was one thing not negotiable...my word is my bond.

At the time I was in a slightly different role and I got the support of the Dealership to back my word at our expense but I offered and would have made good, to put the additional money in personally.

I am in a slightly different situation now and honestly, the guys that I have ordered cars for are all verbal contracts, based on their trust in me and our past relationship...every single one of them.

I am under instructions to pass on the extra cost in every case, I will discuss it with each of them and if any relationship is at risk because of it, I will put my own cash in to make it work...the easiest bit is to forego commission up front and then if it takes my cash, it takes my cash.

Your dealerships paying you way to much if you're prepared to put your own money in, my dp is asking them all to come in and run through it in person, it's then upto the customer and my DP to come to an agreement that suits both parties.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #659
notty1978
NOTTY

Auto
And ready to go to a good home.
I'm just amazed we have it and it's not sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 4LTR View Post
Is it auto or manual?
Old 03-01-2015, 11:19 PM   #660
Rosscoe04
Starter Motor

If anyone's interested, there's a Silhouette auto sitting on Brighton Ford's showroom floor in Melb - not sure what other options it has - just saw it thru the window as was actually shopping xr6t utes colours ... It's got a $63850 sticker price on it ... Was there yesterday ...
2012 FGII FPV GT 335 #0800 kinetic/black
2005 Ford Escape
2004 Kia Pregio
1976 Triumph Dolomite Sprint in BRG (under restoration - owned since 1987)
On 2015 shopping list :
FGX XR6 turbo ute manual
Rosscoe04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post