Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-03-2007, 12:25 AM   #31
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

1 or 200 years?
Sweet, thats enough for me, i dont plan on living to see my 220th birthday anyways....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:45 AM   #32
awsome4.0
Banned

Its ok guys and girls my little girl will save us all.
She can now count to 11
Thank God
awsome4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 01:10 AM   #33
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

The sky is falling! The end is nigh! We have been predicting the end of the world for as long as we have been here and I'm sure we will continue to do so for another 3000 or 4000 years.

The effects of our modern life (pollution, over-population etc) will make it tough for future generations, but we will adapt because that's what we are good at and why we are on top of the food chain.

When we can no longer adapt, we will die out like the dinosaurs and something else will take our place. Cockroaches perhaps? I know they already taken over parts of NSW. LOL

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #34
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Theres only a few beliefs in this world that i subscribe to. One of them being that as we start to run thin on cheap sources of energy (read: oil), "that's game, hendrix".

The entire world's economy is so dependent on cheap energy (and yes even $1.20/L for fuel is incredibly cheap) when that comes falling down i think there'll be a significant shift in what we consider important.

I dont actually think the earth will give up the ghost on us, i dont think we'll be around long enough.

To think of the wars that will be waged...for the last scraps of oil...
Old 05-03-2007, 02:49 PM   #35
Spotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
I'm so sick and tired of hearing this typical greenie uneducated garbage out:

Do you know what Howard is working on right now? Ever heard of clean coal? Renewable energy sources, like solar and wind, will never be able to sustain our current way of life alone, let along sustain any development. The people in power are working on realistic solutions like clean coal, and it is in the country's best interest. Australia has a crapload of coal, something like 800 years worth at predicted future expansion rates. It is in our best interest to get clean coal technology off the ground. Otherwise we lose out big time, as coal is a huge export for Australia. If everybody looked for the obvious solutions (purely solar, wind) then we would be up the proverbial creek.

Howard is trying to get the chinese government, which along with india is one of the quickest expanding and most energy intensive countries in the world, to sign on for the development of clean coal technology.

I'm not saying that solar, wind etc power won't work, they will be part of a larger system. Just do some reading before you make judgements!

:

I think there will be a range of responses to address CO2 emmissions and the heating of the earth and that we cant rely on just one fix. Clean coal technology will possibly part of the solution but will take some time to be available. I'm not convinced Howard or any other politcian is independant enough from the influence of big business to make the tough decisions that are neccesscary. No matter which party is in power, this country is run by influential business people , not the people we vote for. These people put profits and themselves ahead of anything else and it is not in their interests or perhaps australias economic interests to make the immediate climate response related changes that are neccssecary. Its all very frustrating and very very sad. I am cautiously optimistic about our futures but unfortuneatly at the moment I cant see the sense of urgency to make big changes.
Spotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #36
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

I believe that this civilisation as we know it will eventually fade away. Maybe because we destroy ourselves or because the earth chooses to destroy most of us instead, but some of us will survive and eventually create a new life.

The way I see it, history shows the civilisations rise and fall....nothing is sustainable. If modern life, the way we see it, lasts for 1000yrs - than we did great!

The Dinosaurs, though not humans obviously, lasted millions of years. The human race has the potential to last millions of years as well before what ever happens.

Either way, its probably sad in a way that the human race will eventually dissapear, but its life. Think how many species have become extinct since we have been around... and plenty more before us. Life comes and goes, multiplies and creates new and different things. Life creates life.

Perhaps as we evolve we will become a creature completely different to what we are now, so that we are almost unrecognisable to ourselves now?

The perfect movie I can think to represent my view point is AI. In the end, the machines take over life but become something else completely....another form of life.

This isn't about Doom or Gloom. Its life and our flawed concept of reality... that may even be what leads us to our end. In the end, our silly wars and greed or self preservation means nothing when a meteorite can wipe out life on a planet for 200years...
Old 05-03-2007, 08:23 PM   #37
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Who cares.... none of us will be here..

I am off to clear some forests !

AC/DC
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #38
adrianb

If anyone wants a good read on global warming and the effect us humans have had on the planet pick up 'The Weather Makers' by Tim Flannery and let me know if it doesn't convince you we need to start thinking about looking after our planet.

There's measurable changes to our planet and its climate that can fairly directly be attributed to pollution of the atmosphere. A lot of problems the human race can withstand or work around with technology but theres only one planet and its a pretty fragile ecosystem and we just keep on consuming and ripping it down.

Sure, all good things must come to an end and we could get hit by a meteor or die off when the sun dies in a few billion years but just quietly i'd rather wait til the inevitable happens instead of trying my best to hurry it up. I like living and I'd like my kids and grandkids to have the same luxuries I've had.

I pay to carbon offset the 15,000km a year I do in my car and have done a bit around the house to save energy and water and chose the green power option from my power company. Its not gonna make the difference but hopefully I can convince a few friends and stuff to do the same and they do likewise etc.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:02 AM   #39
Monkey
XM FALCON

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
Ever heard of clean coal?
Ha ha thats funny must be good soap. it will never be clean just less dirty.
Muja power station. W.A's main base load power station (coal powered) is burning wood chips in their A and B units at this very moment with no filtration at all just straight into the atmosphere ( they must be be on to something) . Their other 2 units with ash precipitaters burn 400 tons an hour or 3.5 million tons a year . and thats only one coal powered station.
Kemerton their newest gas powered peaking station uses 80,000 liters of fuel oil a day due to the lack of natural gas.

But in any event life will go on, what form it takes who knows im off to enjoy a beer.
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 02:31 AM   #40
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technology is getting so good we wont need an atmosphere. Humens will create their own land and atmosphere if the whole world gets flooded. We will probably expand to other planets and build atmospheres there. The rate populations are increasing I just can't see us dying out unless there is a majour catastrophy
Old 09-03-2007, 02:42 AM   #41
freedom_
Starter Motor

I know ill will live forever because im superior.
freedom_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 09:26 AM   #42
Simmo
White Lightning

i hope we get wiped out as soon as possible. the human race has been decadent and self-involved for centuries. if we somehow manage to limp on and spread the virus that is humanity throughout the cosmos i hope we get blighted by badass aliens or something. long story short, we COULD be at our pinnacle of evolution right now with no limits in sight, instead we focus on money, power and deception. we dont deserve to continue in this present form.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 01:23 AM   #43
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
, the population is outa control,2 thirds of the world still thinks mythical gods will save them(the new millenium), if we don`t get blown up.......... or get drowned,starved or cancered to death(global warming) or killed by some other modern black plague we will be lucky, we are still pretty dumb even with all the technology, spin the bottle, perhaps mother nature will retaliate and big time in the next 500 years and kill 90 % of the polluters on the planet(humans) and then slowly heal the global warming thing and we will start over again (horse and cart), who knows, i`m not gonna lose any sleep over it too busy thinkin how i`m gonna mount 2 turbo`s on my xr6_2:

2 thirds? try 95 percent of the world believe in atleast a higher being. I'm no churchie but the bible has never been proven wrong. The da vinchi code doesn't count either lol
Old 10-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #44
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

Maybe a Mad Max themed nuclear future? Quick everyone get a Falcon XB Coupe!!!!

I shotgun the Mack.
Serial_Fool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #45
boss-290

The world will not last much longer.

Jesus second coming is not far away.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #46
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

According to some scientists, the effects of Global Warming have varied scenarios. They are saying that the worst case scenario may well end up being the best case scenario.... Basically we're f'd.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post