Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-04-2005, 06:52 PM   #31
bscampbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
I always double park my car at any shopping centre, i will always park away from the front, and park no where near anyone, and take up 2 spots..
If anyone has a prob with that, then i tell them to f@*k off :evil3:
Have you said that to anyone before?
Wanna be careful if you do because someone will probably come back and damage it!
Just a warning...

2009 VW Caravelle
bscampbell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #32
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
aparently there is no rules in carparks. basically u just have to b carefull. but obviously if u hit a parked car then it would b ur fault
I like the signs that say "All damage caused to vehicles and property is the responsibility of the owner"

Bull***t i say! How about the tool who did the damage and or vandalising?? My friend had his R33 Skyline keyed along a door. Went back to the gym and said i noticed the cameras in the carpark. Can you review the footage. Nup, they were dummy cameras....

I propose having those signs rewritten to "All damage caused to vehicles and property are the responsibility of that person" But that wouldnt be legal speak for cover their own ar*e.

About the only things you can do are park next to other nice cars, park away from others when space permits or just pray dammit.
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 07:43 PM   #33
MrQuan
Social Disaster

You could always wire your alarm system with C4. I garantee they won't key another car.

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 09:18 PM   #34
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
You could always wire your alarm system with C4. I garantee they won't key another car.
Yeah, I tried that and it was very difficult to explain to the Insurance company why half my car ended up a km away after being keyed.

The panelbeater also said i should expect a bit of a wait to have the scratch buffed out.
Old 26-04-2005, 10:26 PM   #35
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Funny how it seems to happen. Went shopping with Jeff (XA Coupe) on the weekend at an Autoparts store. Carpark was all but empty. No sooner had Jeff attached Robo-Foot (tm) and a POS Valiant had parked next to us. With all the spare spots around, you have to ask yourself why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 10:31 PM   #36
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
My friend had his R33 Skyline keyed along a door. Went back to the gym and said i noticed the cameras in the carpark. Can you review the footage. Nup, they were dummy cameras....
my friend had his head unit ripped out right in front of a camera. did they review the footage-no. not only did they rip it out but they ****ed up the centre console. just dickheads
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 10:42 PM   #37
GTCAM
LV XR5

I know how you feel, although over time you lose the paranoia of leaving it anywhere. My last car, an AUII XR8 (Black) got keyed in the first month after parking it in the city. My new car (GT with 10,000 Km's) hasn't seen so much as a door dent yet... I think the silver makes it a less abvious target, but then the big wing makes up for that!

Like FRDXR6 says, be particular where and how you park...
Cam.
Old 26-04-2005, 11:13 PM   #38
rdomain
Sonic DV8

Wink

Since I've been driving my 6 day old XR6 Turbo ute, I've been very cautious with where I park it. I'm never planning on parking it amongst other cars in a shopping centre situation. I went to the shops today and parked it furthest from the shop with no other cars about.
I think door damage is the most common thing. I like the idea of taking up 2 parks but I think it increases the chance of your car getting keyed by some dumbf*ck.
I'm glad I'm not the only 'paranoid' :ticking: one here

Velocity BA XR6 MkII Turbo Ute
White EB XR6 S MkII Sedan
rdomain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 11:49 PM   #39
XRQTOR
Banned

I got mine scratched on boxing day, looks like its been keyd but the panel beater said its more like a scratch. about 7cm long on the front right gaurd just aboue the blinker, straight up and down.

Another double parker here, not always but if there's room i will. Had one bloke put shit on me and say that'll get the car keyed, seemed to me like he was implying something esp the way he said it and shook his keys. After loseing it big tme and nearly ripping his head off he pulled a badge, bastard was a copper.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2005, 11:53 PM   #40
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Ouch! I'd love to be a cop. Park anywhere, hit the lights and cut line for the drive through... Hell, I bet you could do at least twice the legal speed limit too!

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #41
VENOM220
Starter Motor

plain and simple for me,i just leave the xr8 in the garage and either
drive my s##t box ute or drive my wifes s##t box vy
commodore company car.I know what car i like to trash in car parks!
VENOM220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 11:12 PM   #42
BuuBox

I can't stand it when I come back from shopping or something, and some ******** has dented my car. Few weeks back I was grabbing some lunch from HJ's and the car parked next to me flung open their doors, putting a lovely dent in my otherwise shiny drivers side door. "Whoops" and then a "So, what are you gonna do about it?" from 4 rather chunky Italian men somewhat spoiled my lunch. I jotted down the number plates, but can't imagine it's worth following up. My house would probably get set on fire.

People seem to be attracted to mum's car, a heavily tinted but otherwise stock silver Toyota Camry Vienta. Everyweek I have to try and polish out a new scratch, try and hide the small dents from doors. I've noticed that if you leave it dirty, it's untouched, but the minute you wash and wax it, 'bang'. So that's why I take the long route home in my car, through some very dusty dirt roads!

Assholes.
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 11:48 PM   #43
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuuBox
"Whoops" and then a "So, what are you gonna do about it?" from 4 rather chunky Italian men somewhat spoiled my lunch. I jotted down the number plates, but can't imagine it's worth following up. My house would probably get set on fire.

Assholes.
Ill cave your ****ing head in for ya thats what ill do, smash the **** out of the biggest **** there and watch the looks from the others as they think your some crazed bugger. There's no excuse for that, but to come out and say that is a head stomping certainty.........................

If they kick the shit out of you atleast you tried, there's an idea set the mofo's house alight and say "so what you gunna do about it". Im sure he'd be mighty worried about what you could do if he really ****ed you off.
Old 28-04-2005, 12:37 AM   #44
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Ill cave your ****ing head in for ya thats what ill do, smash the **** out of the biggest **** there and watch the looks from the others as they think your some crazed bugger. There's no excuse for that, but to come out and say that is a head stomping certainty.........................

If they kick the shit out of you atleast you tried, there's an idea set the mofo's house alight and say "so what you gunna do about it". Im sure he'd be mighty worried about what you could do if he really ****ed you off.

what you lookin at :ticking: : : :sm_headba :eclipsee_ WOULDN'T IT JUST BE GREAT . I'D LIKE TO SEE THAT
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 12:53 AM   #45
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my mum was filling up at the petrol station once. i guy flung his door into my mums commodore (2000 VT II almost perfect nick, even still has the new car smell at 79000kms) whats worst he just looked and proceeded to pay for his petrol and drive off right in front of her. no apology or anything. luck it has those door guards preventing worse damage but still has left a scrape on the paint. as you can imagine she was ****ed off. any damage already on it was a chip in the rear bumper from a stone.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 06:53 PM   #46
bscampbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuuBox
I can't stand it when I come back from shopping or something, and some ******** has dented my car. Few weeks back I was grabbing some lunch from HJ's and the car parked next to me flung open their doors, putting a lovely dent in my otherwise shiny drivers side door. "Whoops" and then a "So, what are you gonna do about it?" from 4 rather chunky Italian men somewhat spoiled my lunch. I jotted down the number plates, but can't imagine it's worth following up. My house would probably get set on fire.
You should have gone straight to the police station and reported it!

2009 VW Caravelle
bscampbell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #47
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

When I got my Territory I was kinda scared of parking it in shopping centres (due to the fact I just sold my 3-door lowered hatchback). But driving it on the road was fine ... I found it easier to change lanes and merging (cos of the size of the vehicle).

Took me a little while to get used to parking in low-ceiling parking stations ... scared the shit of out me at first ... now I am fine with it.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 09:02 PM   #48
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
what you lookin at :ticking: : : :sm_headba :eclipsee_ WOULDN'T IT JUST BE GREAT . I'D LIKE TO SEE THAT
Mate i learn't if you have nice things there's always people out there who'll try to steal them or damage them. They have no respect for peoples shit so they need to be taught a lesson. Its one thing to accidently damage things but to do it and say that shit.........
Old 28-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #49
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscampbell
You should have gone straight to the police station and reported it!
Wouldn't do shit, the coppers would tell you to **** off. The bbloke would say it was an accident, or completly deny it. 4 vs 1.