Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-02-2007, 09:44 AM   #31
joshf2
striped

they are speed limited, to what looks on the dial to be 190

and as for steffo's comments about crawling past 170, it doesnt. maybe if you still had the full restrictive exhaust.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #32
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2

and as for steffo's comments about crawling past 170, it doesnt. maybe if you still had the full restrictive exhaust.
i agree with josh....for me 160-170 wasnt too long.....but wasnt lightniing fast....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 10:48 AM   #33
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh, I always thought that the Fiesta is speed limited to 180kph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
LX 5door sales have jumped in the last year or so.
Yes, the Fiestas I see on the road mostly are 5-door LX's. I prefer the look of the 3-door though.

Quote:
as for steffo's comments about crawling past 170, it doesnt. maybe if you still had the full restrictive exhaust.
So much for "cat-back exhausts are a waste of money" ey Steffo. :
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #34
photn
AFF Post NAZI

For everyday use and as a Performance enhancement id say they are a waste of money. it just depends on what you get it for. i got it for the sound basically, the fact that it freed the engine a bit more was a bonus, and the pod filter helps as well. but unless you get the extractors, sports cat, intake and cat back exhaust they are essentiually a waste of money. but then again what is money meant for?. my motto is if you earn money, youve earn't the right to spend it lol....

Old 16-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #35
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Speedos can be upto 10% from the factory. So 190km/h indicated in joshs car might only be 180km/h indicated in steffos cars. The car is only speed limited by drag not by an electronic speed limiter.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #36
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Thank you. Again I get agrued against for telling you the truth. It is speed limited. At 190km/h the power is cut, and the car automatically decelerates. When it finally gives you power, it cuts out again when you reach 190km/h.

And yes there is a difference in actual speed and the speedo - so I'd probably say the 190km/h is in actual fact 184km/h, which I think I've read somewhere is the max speed of the Fiesta.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #37
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Alright guys dont argue over an insignificant fact okay....no one really ever Cruises at 190 anyway... so dont argue the fact. maximum legal limit is 110....and we all know the fez can hit 110 easily. so stop arguing a stupid fact that no one here/not many ppl will ever get to prove....

PeaceOUT>

Old 16-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #38
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I'm not saying I want to argue. Just I occasionally get bagged out for my opinions or correct FACTS.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 16-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #39
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
Maximum legal limit is 110....
I learn something new today.
Old 16-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #40
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:

It doesn't? So you're going to tell me what I saw with my own eyes is wrong? It takes an eternity to get from 170 to 180...
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #41
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

As I said speedo can be out so your 180kmh doesn't always equal 180kmh on another car.

I know for a fact mine doesn't have a speed limiter but hits drag limit.
Old 16-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #42
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
So much for "cat-back exhausts are a waste of money" ey Steffo. :
I never said that. :alien2:

I said they're incomplete, and that I'd never personally do the exhaust without going all the way.

:
Old 16-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #43
Whopper
07Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden
I ordered a 5dr zetec today sea grey

Cheers
Hi,

Congratulations on your purchase. Can you tell me how long you will have to wait for delivery of the vehicle?.

Regards,

Rob
Whopper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #44
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whopper
Hi,

Congratulations on your purchase. Can you tell me how long you will have to wait for delivery of the vehicle?.

Regards,

Rob
Hi
Thanks for the info guys.
I have one on hold in stock in Brisbane now :Reverend: Just need to wait for my leasing company to do the paperwork. Should have it within a fortnight, I was very impressed on the test drive. Have the five door Zetec's been out long? I only started looking for a small car a week ago. It was down to choosing a base model Corrolla, Tiida or the Zetec. I choose the Zetec cos' of it's looks, handeling and style not as plain and common as the oppostion. & A 5 door was a must So I was very please to see them available.

Cheers
golden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 10:48 PM   #45
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Golden, Ford Australia introduced the 5-door Zetec JUST recently. Not a big fan of 5-door Fiestas but you'll love it.

Whopper, I waited for a week for my car to be delivered. Waiting time of course depends on which Fiesta you're getting, options, colours etc etc.
I was pretty lucky to get the car in a week!
Old 17-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #46
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
I know for a fact mine doesn't have a speed limiter but hits drag limit.
or maybe your car isnt quite as healthy as some others
Old 18-02-2007, 02:21 AM   #47
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
or maybe your car isnt quite as healthy as some others
Perhaps you've misinterperted the car hitting its limit of drag as a speed limiter. 190km/h on the speedo is NOT real 190km/h. Its less. And with magazine recorded top speeds floating around on the internet like 182.4km/h, that's a strange speed limiter to go for....

They're not speed limited. Only revs. The max speed is dictated by limit of drag. 74kW can only push a 1.4m tall, 4m long, 1 tonne piece of metal through the air so fast...

:
Old 18-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #48
RedStar71

The Fiesta speedo is definitly out I have had mine up to just over 190km/h on the speedo and thought that was fantastic but now know that the speedo at about 110km/h is really doing about just over 100km/h. So if you extrapolate that out yeah 184km/h sounds right.
But I hate to say it why make a five door "sports" model? Come on Ford... :rolleyes:
At least you will never see a five door ST/XR4.
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 12:06 PM   #49
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
the reason ford has introduced the 5 door zetec is to meet the growing market of 5door small cars. LX 5door sales have jumped in the last year or so. i think these will be great, 5doors doesnt mean it looses it sporting appeal, i'd love one.
Id be more than happy to have a WQ Fez 5Door Zetec 5speed for my daily driver. Which is about a 12 to 13 km trip into the CBD & up a muliti level carpark weekdays. Then have the XR6 for the weekends & long trips.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #50
ATSEIF DROF

What an stupid conversation, speed limited!?!!?!?!

Revs on a new car are usually limited so as to not blow up the motor but any car can only go as fast as it can go...

If the top speed of a fiesta is 180kph then it just cant go any faster in stock form, but its not "speed limited" by some form of device...

Its called physics guys...hahaha
ATSEIF DROF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #51
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Perhaps you've misinterperted the car hitting its limit of drag as a speed limiter. 190km/h on the speedo is NOT real 190km/h. Its less. And with magazine recorded top speeds floating around on the internet like 182.4km/h, that's a strange speed limiter to go for....

They're not speed limited. Only revs. The max speed is dictated by limit of drag. 74kW can only push a 1.4m tall, 4m long, 1 tonne piece of metal through the air so fast...
so tell me how german cars are limited to 155mph? sure isnt drag. or maybe you havent felt the power cut as opposed to just not being able to go any faster
Old 19-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #52
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Totally different cars josh. Just because some cars have a speed limiter doesn't mean a Fiesta will. 155mph is a long way off 113mph
Old 20-02-2007, 01:52 AM   #53
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
so tell me how german cars are limited to 155mph? sure isnt drag. or maybe you havent felt the power cut as opposed to just not being able to go any faster
German sports sedans are limited to 250km/h due to a "Gentleman's agreement," of sorts between Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi. Reaching the limit of drag and the speed limiter are two quite different experiences. The limit of drag doesn't knock the car back, slow it down, or do anything, it just sits at that speed and can't continue further.

A, say as you mentioned, 250km/h speed limiter... when you hit 250km/h, the car will feel like the engine sort of... stopped transmitting power to the wheels, drop back down to 240-245, then accelerate back to 250, and repeat process over and over.

Most (read - ALL) small cars like the Fiesta are not speed limited... aside from being no point... well, there's no point.

Those 250km/h limited German cars are far from their limit of drag. An E63 AMG can hit 320km/h with the limiter off, before running into drag limits. The sensation of 320km/h at the aerodynamic limit of the vehicle and 250km/h at a mechanically imposed limit are very, very different.

The Fiesta doesn't power cut. It just ends up sitting on about 190 on the speedo and doesn't go any further.

:
Old 21-02-2007, 01:56 AM   #54
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
A, say as you mentioned, 250km/h speed limiter... when you hit 250km/h, the car will feel like the engine sort of... stopped transmitting power to the wheels, drop back down to 240-245, then accelerate back to 250, and repeat process over and over.

Most (read - ALL) small cars like the Fiesta are not speed limited... aside from being no point... well, there's no point.

The Fiesta doesn't power cut. It just ends up sitting on about 190 on the speedo and doesn't go any further.
The first paragraph explains exactly what the Fiesta does, but at a lower speed. I can tell you now that at 190km/h, the power would CUT out till the speed dropped to around 184km/h (indicated on the speedo for all you fuss pots) and then increase slowly again to 190, before cutting out once again.

These could be related to the revs in 5th gear though, as there may be a rev cut-out... however I wasn't really looking at the tacho!

I do believe Josh has experienced the EXACT same thing.

Old 21-02-2007, 09:30 AM   #55
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
The first paragraph explains exactly what the Fiesta does, but at a lower speed. I can tell you now that at 190km/h, the power would CUT out till the speed dropped to around 184km/h (indicated on the speedo for all you fuss pots) and then increase slowly again to 190, before cutting out once again.

These could be related to the revs in 5th gear though, as there may be a rev cut-out... however I wasn't really looking at the tacho!

I do believe Josh has experienced the EXACT same thing.

lol you used the word "FUSS POTS" lol....

Old 21-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #56
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

How about some cars have the limiter and some don't. Could be to do with build dates but we don't really know.

We havn't driven each others car so we can't talk about other peoples car
Old 22-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #57
joshf2
striped

so the fact that yours doesnt obviously means that everyone elses doesnt? nice step down

and steffo......nice cut and paste
Old 22-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #58
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
so the fact that yours doesnt obviously means that everyone elses doesnt? nice step down
How about you read what I wrote idiot
Old 22-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #59
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:

and steffo......nice cut and paste
Cut and paste... right :

Despite what you seem to think, you're clearly far from being a technical authority on the workings of a motor vehicle.

:
Old 22-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #60
joshf2
striped

i guess if youve never hit a speed limiter before, you never really know whether it exists now, do you?

and obviously, youre both experts in the field of drag versus power, because you have definitive proof (or at least an equation) that says 74kw is not enough to break 190kmph