Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: What do you like to see?
Lady bits everywhere for me please. 28 35.44%
Tone it down a little. 33 41.77%
Nothing at all as this is a car forum. 18 22.78%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #31
Dezza
Parts bin special

I don't mind them but I'm a single male! But if anyone complained about my avatar (even though it doesn't contain anything close to nudity), I'd change it. I don't want to annoy anyone, so if anybody would find my avatar offensive, let me know. Personally, I like it because it contains 3 of the better things in life. Girls, Fords and VB... plus the fact that as a photo I took myself, it ended up looking really professional.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 05-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #32
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowEL
really people is it that bad?
Yes. I have a 3y/o that runs around where my computer is and it's getting a bit annoying for me to have to minimise the screen so that she won't see something inappropriate, when really, being a car forum, I shouldn't have to worry about doing that. And I can't exactly ban her from the lounge room now can I?!! So yes, it is bad in that sense.

My personal opinion is that some need to be toned down just a touch.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 05-05-2006, 09:42 PM   #33
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No one is forcing anyone to endure our 'politcal correctness'.
If you don't like our rules feel free to go somewhere else that has the rules you like.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #34
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XA-COUPE, I don't mind the rules, but they seem to be rather strict in this day and age. The Bar is for none car topics, isn't it ?
Anyway, I enjoy the Forum, some guys are really funny!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:47 PM   #35
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
XA-COUPE, I don't mind the rules, but they seem to be rather strict in this day and age. The Bar is for none car topics, isn't it ?
Anyway, I enjoy the Forum, some guys are really funny!!!
As I said, that's the way it is.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #36
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here we go again.......

As already stated the internet is a big enough black hole with enough nudity and such on there as is... without dragging it in here too!!!

The only car magazine i would buy with a semi naked chick on it is Just Parts... even then i absolutely think it is totally unnecessary for a chick to pose with a car wearing skimpy outfits!!!

I say keep it out... or tone it down... every 2nd avatar seems to be breast related!! Like c'mon they're not that exciting

Guys you really have to remember that cars aren't just for the boys... us chicks are into them aswell!! And we don't want to see scantly clad gals everywhere we turn... thats why they invented summernats.... :yeees:
Old 05-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #37
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
every 2nd avatar seems to be breast related!! Like c'mon they're not that exciting
I disagree.. totally Here isn't the place for them though :Reverend:
Old 05-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #38
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
Here we go again.......

As already stated the internet is a big enough black hole with enough nudity and such on there as is... without dragging it in here too!!!

The only car magazine i would buy with a semi naked chick on it is Just Parts... even then i absolutely think it is totally unnecessary for a chick to pose with a car wearing skimpy outfits!!!

I say keep it out... or tone it down... every 2nd avatar seems to be breast related!! Like c'mon they're not that exciting

Guys you really have to remember that cars aren't just for the boys... us chicks are into them aswell!! And we don't want to see scantly clad gals everywhere we turn... thats why the invented summernats.... :yeees:
Melz,this sort of behaviour has been around since sports cars were invented.The next thing that most on here will debate wether the grid girls are necessary in our motorsport events.Unfortanately sex sells and it's starting to become a big turning point in today's society.Contents on the Radio and TV adds are worst than some of the Avatar's on here.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #39
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI POWER
Melz,this sort of behaviour has been around since sports cars were invented.The next thing that most on here will debate wether the grid girls are necessary in our motorsport events.Unfortanately sex sells and it's starting to become a big turning point in today's society.Contents on the Radio and TV adds are worst than some of the Avatar's on here.

It just has no place in here... thats simple... sex appeal doesn't need to 'sell' anything on AFF
Old 05-05-2006, 10:18 PM   #40
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As melz says alex, it's not for here.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #41
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
I disagree.. totally Here isn't the place for them though :Reverend:
so do i

( sitting here playing with them )

he hehehe hehe

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #42
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
As melz says alex, it's not for here.
Fair enough you guys call the shots it's your decision,i would like to see though what reaction we would get if one or more of the sponsors promoted a product with the above topic?
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #43
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Can't really say I'm "offended" by any of the avatars here..........

I have however found offence in some of the language and attitude of some of the memebers here !!!!!!!!!!

Horses for courses I guess.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 05-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #44
-jjM-
Banned

be honest, being a single guy, dont really care to much, but i will agree to come to a solution here, mojority of us all are guys, but we are here for chix not cars, i just make stupit ones, not chik ones
Old 05-05-2006, 10:37 PM   #45
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
Can't really say I'm "offended" by any of the avatars here..........

I have however found offence in some of the language and attitude of some of the memebers here !!!!!!!!!!

Horses for courses I guess.
Oh p1ss off will ya. : :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-05-2006, 10:37 PM   #46
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

In my opinion... ICANN should be allowed to create the .xxx domain where all sites that contain adult content (refued, R rated, or X rated), are to have the .xxx domain. This makes it easier to monitor and filter....

And then there is this...

http://whirlpool.net.au/article.cfm/1608

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 05-05-2006, 10:42 PM   #47
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

To be honest I don't really notice much of what people have as avatars, but my misses, looking over my shoulder, always has a remark. I don't know how many times I have to explain that I am actually reading the content, seriously, and not perving at female body parts etc etc

Seems almost everything now uses sex to sell, make a point etc..............
Old 05-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #48
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
This sort of behaviour has been around since sports cars were invented. The next thing that most on here will debate wether the grid girls are necessary in our motorsport events. Unfortanately sex sells and it's starting to become a big turning point in today's society. Contents on the Radio and TV adds are worst than some of the Avatar's on here.
That's true but a) it doesn't make it right and b) it doesn't mean that it has to be accepted, ie; on here.

I have no problem with grid girls and things like that. As far as I'm concerned, all the power to the ladies, but it need not be shoved in our faces day in day out regardless of how widely the 'sex sells' concept is accepted. I'm not personally offended at all by revealing avi's, I just don't think it belongs here especially since this is a car and family orientated forum.

And I don't understand why you would even mention "sex sells" - AFF surely don't need members with revealing avatars to get new members to sign up to the site. The whole 'sex sells' point has nothing to do with anything on here - or I could be wrong lol, are we now promoting keyrings and hats using nudies LOL.

I think I've ranted enough for the night lol.

Krissy
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 05-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #49
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

You guys that are complaining that there misses are not happy with a small picture of beasts or such, they must have reason to be insercure so what have you guys done in the past to cause this...?? But i do agree that the children don't need to see that sort of thing...
Old 05-05-2006, 10:48 PM   #50
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhanst
You guys that are complaining that there misses are not happy with a small picture of beasts or such, they must have reason to be insercure so what have you guys done in the past to cause this...?? But i do agree that the children don't need to see that sort of thing...
No one is insecure champ. Merely some people have morals..........
Old 05-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #51
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

I have morals...... :
Old 05-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #52
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
That's true but a) it doesn't make it right and b) it doesn't mean that it has to be accepted, ie; on here.

I have no problem with grid girls and things like that. As far as I'm concerned, all the power to the ladies, but it need not be shoved in our faces day in day out regardless of how widely the 'sex sells' concept is accepted. I'm not personally offended at all by revealing avi's, I just don't think it belongs here especially since this is a car and family orientated forum.

And I don't understand why you would even mention "sex sells" - AFF surely don't need members with revealing avatars to get new members to sign up to the site. The whole 'sex sells' point has nothing to do with anything on here - or I could be wrong lol, are we now promoting keyrings and hats using nudies LOL.

I think I've ranted enough for the night lol.

Krissy
That is a fair response and it's fair to say those who find it offensive have as much right as those who don't. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 05-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #53
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
That is a fair response and it's fair to say those who find it offensive have as much right as those who don't. :
Probably not when the admins have the final say on it Alex!

Last edited by Laminge; 06-05-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:24 AM   #54
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've actually had to turn the avatar feature off because I work in a professional work enviroment where the sort of images that some members have as their avatar would be considered highly inappropriate and would probably land me with a warning - time and place guys, this is FFAU, not fabio.com.au

Some I've seen are a bit sad and degrading to women, and when you see the same image for about 10 months it gets a little repeditive.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:38 AM   #55
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Avatars are sooooo 5mins ago....... lol

Like has been said..... doesnt everybody have the ability to turn avatars off ?? I dont want to argue the point (Laminge will sit on me) but just thought that would be easier.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:37 AM   #56
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

: as usual the minority will probably get their way. i just hope some of you sensitive folk don't go to the beach or the local pool. definatly don't watch gymnastics, swimming or surf championships on telly etc. :MrT_anim:
Old 06-05-2006, 08:46 AM   #57
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think avatars like nhanst's one are worse than the bikini girls. Look at it.

I think you would have a harder time explaining that to a 3 year old kid than some chick jumping up and down with a bikini on. This is a family oriented forum - girls in tiny clothes aren't necessarily innappropriate but I think avatars like the above cross a line. I don't imagine anyone over the age of 14 would be in any way offended by a couple of cartoon bears humping, but if this truely is a family forum then we need to cater for people of all ages.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:09 AM   #58
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
I've actually had to turn the avatar feature off because I work in a professional work enviroment where the sort of images that some members have as their avatar would be considered highly inappropriate and would probably land me with a warning - time and place guys, this is FFAU, not fabio.com.au

Some I've seen are a bit sad and degrading to women, and when you see the same image for about 10 months it gets a little repeditive.
You're right again mate. Sadly, some on this forum will never have either the mental capacity, or the work ethic to find themselves in a "professional work environment", and thus are completely unaware of the issues at hand :togo: :

For those critisizing the moderation done on here, if you have a legitimate comment to make then provide it to the mod team. If you're just whinging, and you think you've got better ideas, then feel free to go and start your own forum with your own money, attract your own membership, get your own sponsorship (with deals for members), publish your own technical documents, etc. blah bleh blurgh. Nobody is forcing you to stay on these forums if you find them overly policed.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:32 AM   #59
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Ok i'm not condoning inappropriate avatars but heres a simple instruction for people at work or those that are too sensitive.
In your User CP go into the Edit Options section and uncheck the "Show Avatars" box.... problem solved and everyone should be satisfied...... but probably not hehe
Old 06-05-2006, 09:41 AM   #60
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
You're right again mate. Sadly, some on this forum will never have either the mental capacity, or the work ethic to find themselves in a "professional work environment", and thus are completely unaware of the issues at hand :togo: :

For those critisizing the moderation done on here, if you have a legitimate comment to make then provide it to the mod team. If you're just whinging, and you think you've got better ideas, then feel free to go and start your own forum with your own money, attract your own membership, get your own sponsorship (with deals for members), publish your own technical documents, etc. blah bleh blurgh. Nobody is forcing you to stay on these forums if you find them overly policed.
The 1st paragraph has to be the most offensive and de-grading bit of literature i have read on these forums, i don't think we should have to resort in such comments to get a message across to those who have different views on different matters.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Closed Thread