Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #31
XRchic
Hello

The reason I dont park in disabled car parks is not because it is illegal and I fear a fine or something. The reason is because I actually respect the needs of a disabled driver to park there, something more to do with common courtesy, understanding, respect and a recognition that some people need an extra help with things like driving, shopping etc. The fact that I may get a fine for doing so, has no impact on me in that regard and Im sure that applies to most people out there.

The same SHOULD apply to PwP parks. The fact that it is not illegal should have nothing to do with why you do or do not park in the spaces for them. If you applied that theory across your entire life, then you might find yourself to be a very self centred, intolerant and unhelpful person in a big way.

As for the actual mechanics of shopping with kids and babies, you (the initial poster) either clearly have no idea (having no kids is no reason for you to have no idea - plenty of people without kids are more considerate than you, clearly it is YOU) OR you are making your first post in these forums as a means of stirring everyone on here, which is unwise and will cease your forums life rather abruptly - that is your choice.

If you have a newborn/small baby (which I do have currently - a two week old son) and/or other kids (I have an 8 year old and a 12 year old), you will know the real difficulties faced in getting them out. Try and get a baby capsule in and out of the centre seat in a car and manouvre it out of a car in a regular spaced car park without hitting another car with your door. You basically need the car door to be as wide open as possible to get it out, otherwise it is very difficult. Capsules are a nightmare at the best of times. Even if you want to unstrap the baby and take it out of the capsule in the car, you still need the room, and it is VERY helpful if it is raining to have room to have the pram sitting near the car door so you can put the baby in quickly without the baby getting wet.

Toddlers still need to be strapped in their car seats so the same applies, especially if you have more than one child. With children older than this, the issues disappear and you dont need the car park.

The reason why those parks are closer to the shopping centre, is because many parents put their babies in the shopping trolleys with the small baby seats in them, to save pushing a stroller/pram as well as a trolley in the supermarket. What this means is that you will take the baby out and have to carry it in to the shops. The weather can often be really hot or really cold and wet, so the baby will get wet and cold/hot depending on how far you have to carry it into the shops, and secondly, even large newborns can be heavy and actually carrying a baby, with their gear (baby bag, bottles, blanket etc) can be quite hard, especially if you are racing off chasing after your other kids who are heading off towards the supermarket, running in front of cars.

Im sure that the shopping centre managers had taken all of this into consideration when deciding to provide such parks for people with small children and babies, possibly due to requests for such parks, or perhaps out plain courtesy to customers. However, it seems they have more cosideration than people like you do who park in the parks (for those who park there accidentally, or if there are no other parks or whatever, then I dont have the same problems - it is those who deliberately park there).

Genghis mate, let me know where you work. I hope you work near a shopping centre. And I hope you have a reserved car park in your name, coz I am going to come and park there. It is a public park (on private property, but trespass is not the issue here and the owners of your business would own the car park to the same degree that say, Coles, would) and there is no law saying I cannot park there, so I will just park in your reserved car park! I dont see any disadvantage for you if I park there, and whats more, I dont care.

In all seriousness mate, grow a brain and dont post rubbish like that on here - I dont really think that you would be so inconsiderate - I think the post is just stir.

If you were posting with genuine comments, then karma will get you my friend.

: Cobra :
Old 30-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #32
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis
Please refer to my last post. I would like to 'work out my priorities' as it were, but my car will have to remain my 'baby'. Unfortunately or otherwise.
EVERY MEMBER that owns a car on here should have respect for their own cars. Most of them also have respect for other things in life as well.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #33
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gday all

i have 2 kids under 5 1 @ 4 & 1 @ 1 1/2
now i really dont give a if people park there unless the weather is a factor ie... 10 deg and ing rain or 40 deg in the shade

what es me of more than anything is people that park in these spots on those above mentioned days and then look at you as if you are the one in the wrong just for wanting to get your kids in the shopping centre so you dont have a hastle with them getting sick it just craps me off

jason & helen

p.s my wife thinks the same as me hence why i have put her name on this

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 30-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aha, I have a cunning plan.....

Buy el-cheapo second hand baby seat at Prawnbroker.
Put in back seat and park in PwP spaces...

muhahahahahahah.....

Slight problem though.... I have never seen PwPs anywhere up here, must be a southern thing....... bugger

A person I know's wife was disabled, she had a disabled tag as was her right.
The husband used to use it to park wherever he liked. He would have got away with it except he used it on his 996 Porsche and drew the crabs.....

Actually I would like a "Stupid people with giant 4WDs" parking area, preferably a long way from anything else....
Old 30-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #35
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
OK, without this turning into an all in brawl, what are your thoughts on 'Parents with Prams' parking at shopping centres?

Some of my thoughts:

I never park in Disabled or Emergency Services spaces, because they are a legal and just requirement.

Centre Management provide PwP spaces as a convenience and as I don't see them as a legal entitlement I park in them.

I don't have any children and I don't think people with kids are disabled or disadvantaged in any way. However, I believe some parents may disagree with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_AU
i park in the PwP Spaces , there not governed by law ,
I have 3 kids under 3 (a set 2.5 y.o. twins plus an 11 month old), and I can tell you it is no fun getting them out of the car SAFELY in the smaller car parking spots. I can't stand people who park in the PWP spots who have no child seats in their cars - it just goes to show how inconsiderate some pwople can be. Now, if a PWP spot is the ONLY spot left in the car park (such as at Easter or Christmas time), then I can understand someone taking the spot. But under "normal" shopping conditions, think about some poor mum struggling with one or more 2 or 3 year olds to get them safely through the carpark. If you stop and think, you will realise that to park in these spots when you don't have kids in the car, is one of the most selfish things you can do.

While there is no legal enforcement of these spots, there are other means of enforcement. Keys, coins, broken aerials etc do wonders to break someone's arrogant attitude.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 30-04-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:12 PM   #36
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Please refer to my last post. I would like to 'work out my priorities' as it were, but my car will have to remain my 'baby'. Unfortunately or otherwise.
I am sympathetic to your situation RE: kids.

but your saying your car comes in front of the life of a child.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:12 PM   #37
LUXO_8
windsor user

well said jac
Old 30-04-2006, 07:15 PM   #38
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With more children, say multiple births, the need for these type of parking spaces become alot more important. Not to say its not important with one child, but with more babies to organise in and out of the car, i can see just how more important this issue is. There are other issues to deal with. the most important is the safety of the children and the mother. These are important factors in having these spaces available, I think safety.

Also good to hear from a mother on the subject
Old 30-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #39
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Isnt the point of these parking spots to increase safety for little tackers? People that park there must just hate kids. They must have been born at the age of 21. Or just stupid.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #40
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
While there is no legal enforcement of these spots, there are other means of enforcement. Keys, coins, broken aerials etc do wonders to break someone's arrogant attitude.
> Insert sadistic laugh here.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #41
AUIIIXR8
Formerly AU2XLSV8

Disabled parks and elderly parks and parents with prams parks.

The sunshine plaza is full of them. I don't mind the idea and i don't park in them but there are FAR FAR too many disabled parks there. For the Sunshine Plaza to fill it's disabled parks to full there would have to be 160 disabled people driving or being driven to the plaza(at a guess 20 per parking level times 2 parking towers).

Past
EL 6 S/C - sold
AUII XLS V8 Stroker - sold
99' Laser (runabout) - sold
BA Fairmont - sold
AU III XR8 220 - sold (so should have kept this one)
AU III XLS Tickford 6 - sold

Formerly AU2XLSV8
Old 30-04-2006, 07:25 PM   #42
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

yeah, sometimes they go overboard. Especially with the disabled parks. ususally there is 10 disabled parks for weach pwp parks. Which makes it even more irritating when some knob parks in them with no kids.

Another point. In most shopping centres (virtually all) people with the disability stickers can park in parents with prams regardless. Which again, reduces the amount available.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:32 PM   #43
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
So damaging someone elses car is ok because have parked where YOU think they shouldn't. That is a good thing to teach your kids. They can grow up with no respect for other people or their property and you can bail them out of jail a lot when they are teenagers.......

I wonder if they might get a bit upset when their father is:

A) beaten to a pulp if front of them by the four neanderthals that may own the badly but not illegally parked car.
B) Arrested for vandalism as he was recorded by the car park video cameras and then a complaint was made by the car owner.
C) All of the above.

Vigilantism is a two edged sword...........
Old 30-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #44
Genghis
It's Clobberin' Time!

So, in summary, what I need is a space labeled:

Ignorrant, Child Hating, Self-Centered, Heartless Sadist.

Should be able to find that down the back where the industrial bins are then.

I said no all in brawl......and what did you guess go and do.
I asked for opinions and I got some, and some hurtfull (tic) jabs in the guts I might add.

You forum nuts, you!!

Former Fords:
2003 Blood Orange BA XR8
1993 Winter White XG S Ute
Old 30-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #45
Phil91EB

Just on the topic of parking lots they aren't racing tracks. If someone is waiting to go into a spot you don't need to race around them to get passed before they get in the spot. A few seconds wont kill you but it could result in you killing someone. Kids might get excited at finding the car amongst all the other cars or dart out to get there before their brother or sister. Sometimes it falls back on the parents but there is no need to drive fast in parking lots.
2006 BF Falcon
Old 30-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #46
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2XLSV8
Disabled parks and elderly parks and parents with prams parks.

The sunshine plaza is full of them. I don't mind the idea and i don't park in them but there are FAR FAR too many disabled parks there. For the Sunshine Plaza to fill it's disabled parks to full there would have to be 160 disabled people driving or being driven to the plaza(at a guess 20 per parking level times 2 parking towers).
The disabled park number is a council requirement, nothing the plaza management can do about it...

Don't remember any PwP spaces there but then I always park across the road at Telstra and walk over to the shops.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #47
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

All this over a parents parking space.........
how much have we belittled ourselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 30-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #48
XRchic
Hello

Quote:

I asked for opinions and I got some, and some hurtfull (tic) jabs in the guts I might add.

You forum nuts, you!!
Saying "I dont want a brawl but...." is a bit like saying "No offence, but you are a d*ckhead". Just words mate. And you did ask for people's thoughts, and that is exactly what you got...

You obviously could foresee some kind of friction erupting, otherwise you would not have pre-empted it with comments about not wanting a brawl!!!!

Thing to remember: if you cant stand the heat, dont play in the kitchen....

Old 30-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #49
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
OK, without this turning into an all in brawl, what are your thoughts on 'Parents with Prams' parking at shopping centres?

Some of my thoughts:

I never park in Disabled or Emergency Services spaces, because they are a legal and just requirement.

Centre Management provide PwP spaces as a convenience and as I don't see them as a legal entitlement I park in them.

I don't have any children and I don't think people with kids are disabled or disadvantaged in any way. However, I believe some parents may disagree with me.
This is about to turn into a brawl RIGHT NOW!
I have 4 kids.. not only do I disagree with you but I'm the sort of person that would wait for you to come back out of the shops and tear strips off you for being an inconsiderant . How about the fact that one of my childen IS disabled? So although we dont want or deserve a disabled parking sticker my wife and I have legitimate reason to use these parking spaces.. unless pricks like you are in them because you think you have the "right" to be an *******.
People who are so selfish and self centred as you to think that these spots are there just so you can have it easy (screw the parents who need these spots because prams are large and often difficult to handle) deserve to be treated like crap when you become a parent just so you know what its like.

Still, its cool, my family car is a large white Kia Carnival. If I cant have a PWP park I hop I park next to your car. That way as I'm struggling with a double pram and a few kids I might not notice when my 4yo slams open the car door into your door and dints the hell out of it. But hey, its ok, its not like legal and just requirement!

You are a selfish *****.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #50
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Can of worms :

Its definatley one way to make an entrance
Old 30-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #51
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:

You forum nuts, you!!
You cant ask for opinions on a topic and then demand nobody give you some bad advice or that they dont react to it. Then you go and post that you park in pwp parks willy nilly. Dont you think there are members here with kids who get cheesed off with this issue.

Confuscious (sp) say - dont put your head in a lions mouth and ask him not to bite you.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #52
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
So damaging someone elses car is ok because have parked where YOU think they shouldn't. That is a good thing to teach your kids. They can grow up with no respect for other people or their property and you can bail them out of jail a lot when they are teenagers.......

I wonder if they might get a bit upset when their father is:

A) beaten to a pulp if front of them by the four neanderthals that may own the badly but not illegally parked car.
B) Arrested for vandalism as he was recorded by the car park video cameras and then a complaint was made by the car owner.
C) All of the above.

Vigilantism is a two edged sword...........
No, I would never damage someone else's car intentionally. But if I were the sort of person who would park in a PWP spot, with having any kids, or a pram, etc, then that same sort of person with kids, who missed out on a PWP spot may be so inclined to damage said vehicle.

I have so far taught my kids to respect our 2 cars (as much as you can for kids under 3), and not to even touch any other cars in the car parks. I intend on my kids having consideration for both other people, and other people's property - something most 10 to 25 year olds these days are lacking (in general).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 30-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #53
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Actually, its not really about the parking space, its about the lack of consideration for others by ignorant people... guaranteed to spark people off, really.

Old 30-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #54
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

As a father who has done plenty of shopping trips with my own child when she was a toddler, and my nieces in tow, I have no issues with other people using pram parks.

Infact, I see no point in them at all. The people with prams and kids going shopping far outweigh the number of pram parks provided, and a person with a pram has no specific physical need to be closer to the entrance to a mall, unlike someone with a physical handicap. As to requiring wider parks, I never had a problem with my vehicles getting my infant daughter in and out without mauling other peoples cars, maybe the issue lies in the choice of vehicle I keep seeing with the people using these parks, namely wide body 4wd's.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 30-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #55
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Is "inconsiderant" actually a word? Never heard that one before. :

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #56
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Actually, its not really about the parking space, its about the lack of consideration for others by ignorant people... guaranteed to spark people off, really.
Frankly I dont care, but then again I dont park in PWP spots or disabled areas just for the convenience of getting inside the shop quicker, to me thats just second nature...
Im also not a carpark racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 30-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #57
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

You forum nuts, you!!
genghis

as i said i am a parent of 2 if you also look at whati said i dont give a rats clacker if people park there on good weather days

think about it if you had kids ( and yes i feel for you ) would you like it ifyou had to walk your child 100 -200 mtrs in the pooring rain

i have parked ilegally to be able to get the kids into our local shopping centre on a few occasions

i also dont think that people give a rats about a person that has a child or 4 with them

saying this

im not having a go at you personally but come on give the parents a go all we want is a bit of room to get the kids out of the car

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 30-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #58
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
As a father who has done plenty of shopping trips with my own child when she was a toddler, and my nieces in tow, I have no issues with other people using pram parks.

Infact, I see no point in them at all. The people with prams and kids going shopping far outweigh the number of pram parks provided, and a person with a pram has no specific physical need to be closer to the entrance to a mall, unlike someone with a physical handicap. As to requiring wider parks, I never had a problem with my vehicles getting my infant daughter in and out without mauling other peoples cars, maybe the issue lies in the choice of vehicle I keep seeing with the people using these parks, namely wide body 4wd's.
Well your just my hero then! May I commend you on your natural ability to find brilliant parking spaces where there is plenty of space for you and yours to get out of the car and trundle safely through the car parks. The rest of us weill use the facilities provided thank you!

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #59
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

Ok so the next time some idiot like you parks in a parents with prams parking spot be prepared. Because not only will most of us mothers attack you. We do also have the ability to leave the most unpleasent present on the windscreen or bonnet of your car. Believe me some of the things that come out of childrens nappies is quite acidic. You would have to be the most inconsiderate person I have ever had the pleasure of reading. How dare you sit there and say its ok I dont have children so therefore I am entitled to park in a spot designated for parents with children. Where do you get off thinking that. I hope that someday when you have children and decide to park in said spots that somebody will come along and be exactly how you are being now. Its not on.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #60
Genghis
It's Clobberin' Time!

Settle down.

Hey XRchic, I like it hot, baby. That's why I'm still here posting. Mwaa!!

Casper, you just aint that friendly ghost anymore, are you.

I getting to like this thread more and more.

Now, what other contraversial topic can I kick off.......

Former Fords:
2003 Blood Orange BA XR8
1993 Winter White XG S Ute
Closed Thread