Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #31
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
No they are not late. Set a date out as they did, Then they moved it forward, And then moved it back to the first date they set, Thats not late that's on time;).
And no I'm not more related to that person then you are to god.
Don't contradict yourself or anything.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #32
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

And how is that a contradiction??.
Old 30-04-2006, 05:17 PM   #33
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Well if they moved it foward then moved it back that makes it late. Not to mention the original date was March 06.
Old 30-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #34
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

No it was the second half of 2006.
Old 30-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #35
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

OK you win.
Old 30-04-2006, 05:26 PM   #36
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
Well if they moved it foward then moved it back that makes it late. Not to mention the original date was March 06.
I must apologies you are correct it was the first half of 2006 not the second.
Old 30-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #37
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
I must apologies you are correct it was the first half of 2006 not the second.
No worries, but it was Rapid Xr8 that pointed that out first.
Old 30-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #38
Danny
GT4.

Green EL is correct. So Slickholden, How long will you be gracing us with your presence for?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #39
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Noise
Any law that can help reduce the number of these awful machines has got to be good.

Cheers, Danny

its the corolla sportivo that got deleted but will be back with a S/C next year, they are not a bad car all things considered, same engine the poweres the lotus 111R in S/C format, for a 1.8L N/A to produce 141kw thats impressive no matter how you look at it.

the camry V6 manual is the only one to be deleted from the line up the rest stay, but camry replacement is due in 3 months anyways so who cares and there will be no more V6's.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #40
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
I'm just a second away from embarrisng all 5lt V8's.
and about 3 km away from smashing the nearest 4.0L ;)

Quote:
Was originally due for releasesin september 2005,posponed til march 2006.Posponed again due to being unable to reach ADR compliance (79/01)
100% correct rapid XR8, its now getting relased with Aurion and from the last meeting i had the ppl in the know were speculating another month my yet be added but a debout at the syd motorshow is a goer.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 08:18 PM   #41
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
And no I'm not more related to that person anymore then you are to God.
I AM related to God - he is my maker.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 08:21 PM   #42
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Correct. All of Holden's VE timing plans originally had VE launch set for March 2006. This was then delayed six months. The bull$#%@ about them pulling VE forward and then pushing it back is nothing but Holden propaganda to try and hide the truth that VE launch has been delayed.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #43
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
Was originally due for releasesin september 2005,posponed til march 2006.Posponed again due to being unable to reach ADR compliance (79/01)
What a load of crap. If you repeat something often enough it is still wrong but the fools will believe it. :

The VE's Aug/Sep/whatever date is not due to the ADR's. VE was always to have the L76 which was/is Euro 3 compliant. The V6 thingy was designed to be Euro complient and is exported to Europe as Euro 4 (for Saab and others). It was a running mod to add diagnostics to the computer come 1/1/06 which gave Euro3, the depower was due to exhaust mods to reduce emmisions.

The VE is late because GM p**sed around with Zeta (asked for changes, etc). Also holden decided to incorporate safety features, reduce weight and increase economy. Not to mention they set targets for build quality and then found some suppliers could not meet them. e

But yes it is late, just not for the reasons you wish to have people believe.

And before you ask, Yes I have a Holden, I also have a Ford and a Subaru and I don't know GMHDriver. All have their strengths and weaknesses, in spite of what some one eyed people wish to believe. Oh and by the way, I would never have the HFV6 I strongly prefer I6's such as the Nissans, the Ford, the BMW's and the older Holdens. A V6 will never be as smooth or sound as good as an I6 (are you Listening Ford, keep the faith!). However none are as good as a V8 (not even an I6 with a hair dryer bolted on!). :evilking:
BadMac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 10:21 PM   #44
gtfpv
GT

well the boss 290 did lose power when modifying to comply with euro III. the cam timing was changed top reduce overlap . the pod filter was eliminated to reduce induction noise and the exhaust was quietened .
however the exhaust is a quuad freer flowing design over ba . and a panel filter with a dual entry was introduced to bring back some power after the cam timing was changed reducing origional power. also the tune is vastly differant i think
i would love to see a side by side dyno sheet of a ba / bf manual cars to compare thier outputs across the rev range .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #45
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
No worries, but it was Rapid Xr8 that pointed that out first.
No i didn't question him on the date just on the Lateness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Green EL is correct. So Slickholden, How long will you be gracing us with your presence for?
Looking to get rid of me already are you

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
and about 3 km away from smashing the nearest 4.0L ;)

100% correct rapid XR8, its now getting relased with Aurion and from the last meeting i had the ppl in the know were speculating another month my yet be added but a debout at the syd motorshow is a goer.
I don't crash mate;).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
I AM related to God - he is my maker.

FF
I'm sure your mother and father might beg to differ.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:07 AM   #46
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

While I would question slickholdens erratic claims to the performance of his stock Commodore, I don't think he needs to be too heavily flamed; thats the kind of attitude I'd expect from some other forums........give him a chance, if he is interested in cars, he's welcome to be here, if he comes here just to start crap, then say good bye!

By the way, SlickHolden, I wouldn't post that you don't crash...not a person on this planet can say that and trust me, you can and probably will!

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 12:30 AM   #47
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMac
What a load of crap. If you repeat something often enough it is still wrong but the fools will believe it. :

The VE's Aug/Sep/whatever date is not due to the ADR's. VE was always to have the L76 which was/is Euro 3 compliant. The V6 thingy was designed to be Euro complient and is exported to Europe as Euro 4 (for Saab and others). It was a running mod to add diagnostics to the computer come 1/1/06 which gave Euro3, the depower was due to exhaust mods to reduce emmisions.

The VE is late because GM p**sed around with Zeta (asked for changes, etc). Also holden decided to incorporate safety features, reduce weight and increase economy. Not to mention they set targets for build quality and then found some suppliers could not meet them. e
and what makes your statements any closer to the truth? Do you work for holden and know all the inside dealings? Lets just wait till it comes out shall we? Then we will see just how much reduction of weight, econemy and how good the build quility is, before hyping up a car none of us have driven nor even seen.
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 02:49 AM   #48
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishxc
While I would question slickholdens erratic claims to the performance of his stock Commodore, I don't think he needs to be too heavily flamed; thats the kind of attitude I'd expect from some other forums........give him a chance, if he is interested in cars, he's welcome to be here, if he comes here just to start crap, then say good bye!

By the way, SlickHolden, I wouldn't post that you don't crash...not a person on this planet can say that and trust me, you can and probably will!
The claims on my car aren't that far off when you look into it.
Even from Factory claims the 5LT's and V6 of these models were only separated by about 1 sec. But for me it's in real life that i base it on, My run in with the local donuts king :eclipsee_ , He owns a VN 5LT and put simply i embarrassed him something shocking, He believes just because he has a 5LT it's going to run over all 6's, He was very wrong and he didn't like it by the look i got as i came back around behind him Says it all.

But on accidents i know anyone can have them and I'm not immuned but when you have avoided them like me you feel like someone is watching over you but i like to have my full attention on the road when driving, To the point of passing many family and friends on the side of the road and not even noticing them.
Only on good Friday my concentration was again tested, As a car next to me and i took off from the lights i seen a car moving to the middle to turn and hit the brakes 3 seconds later the car next to me had a head on collision with a on cumming car, It was a VL Calais and a Toyota Camry. I still don't know how they didn't see each other.

But on me being here, I will never jump in and bag and call fords crap or anything like that. I will mostly only comment on Holden discussions as i believe i shouldn't be flamed for bringing a Holden side to a holden discussion. It's always good to have both sides in the discussion as we all can learn from each other, My knowledge of fords is pretty good as my brothers last 2 cars have been EFII and now BA. I was actually very curious that maybe a member might have bought his old car. Silver 95 EFII Fairmont 18" BA XR option rims with tickford centre caps chrome EL grill herrod badges.