Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #31
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Useless - I tried something a little different to give up smoking, don't know if it'd be worthwhile for you to try with the junk food.

I simply made a bet with a few of my mates that if I smoke 1 cigarette within 1 year of giving up, I owe them each $100. Meaning pretty much, if I want a smoke, it'll cost me about $310 ($300 to mates, $10 for pack of smokes)

It's worked. I tried giving up for years, and also, it's ironic but most of my mates (including 2 of the 3 I made the bets with) still smoke. 8 months down the track I've managed to give up cold turkey and honestly - I've never felt better. I see them smoke now, and even the smell makes me feel sick.

Might not be practical but maybe implementing something similar when it comes to junk food might work with you? Perhaps instead of a bet with mates, you could do some kind of 'swear jar' type thing or something. Might be no help at all, but thought I'd share what helped me.

BTW - I was a wreck a few years back, I use to smoke over a pack of smokes a night, drink nothing by sugar-packed softdrink and beer, and ate ИИИИ every day (typical bachelor pad uni student).

Can I just say, when I you give up junk food and manage to stay off it for over a month - you will be over the hard bit. I found it was like smoking. After you're over it - smelling it (or in this case - eating it) really makes you feel crook. i.e. - I use to love maccas burgers - now they really do taste like cardboard with mud in the middle. After you get into the habbit or real food for such a long period of time, junk food really does taste like junk...

Anyhow, I've rambled long enough - good luck with it all mate I'm sure you'll be a sucess.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #32
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

I know how you feel ...When I see Ronald McDonald I am very inclined to belt him.But its my fault too. However the marketting of fast food at kids should be illegal. Why doesnt Ronald say the truth?? We are making a killing while we sell clogged arteries to children as we give them a happy meal... Its only happy until they end up a few years down the track face down in a football field from a coronory heart attack from happy meals clogging up their little bodies.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #33
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
I know how you feel ...When I see Ronald McDonald I am very inclined to belt him.But its my fault too. However the marketting of fast food at kids should be illegal. Why doesnt Ronald say the truth?? We are making a killing while we sell clogged arteries to children as we give them a happy meal... Its only happy until they end up a few years down the track face down in a football field from a coronory heart attack from happy meals clogging up their little bodies.
Hang on a second - I think you're missing something.

The people I want to beat are the parents of said children who fill 'em up with McDonalds crap in the first place!
My parents never used to let me have it and while I hated them for it then I am bloody glad they did what they did now!
I think these days everybody is too quick to point the finger of blame at the people who sell the stuff that is supposedly bad. Maccas is fine in moderation - it's the people who dont understand the meaning of that word that are the problem, not Maccas.

And just so you know Useless, Im not accusing you of being one of thsoe people, just saying.
Old 28-01-2006, 03:52 PM   #34
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

True...it is the parents fault too..

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post