Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-11-2005, 10:43 AM   #31
Electric
F6 and AU Fairmont

I remember my very first phone was an NEC P3 brick.

I was climbing over a mates back fence once, and pulled off a pailing.

I used the phone to hammer the nails back in to re attach it to the fence....the phone still worked for years after that.

Try doing that with a new phone, for a start, they just aren't heavy enough. :
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 10:51 AM   #32
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric

I used the phone to hammer the nails back in to re attach it to the fence....the phone still worked for years after that.

Try calling home on a claw hammer, even an estwing, it wont happen, modern hammers are still comparatively low tech!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #33
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Try calling home on a claw hammer, even an estwing, it wont happen, modern hammers are still comparatively low tech!
'fess up - How long did you talk in to the hammer before you worked it out?

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 11:29 AM   #34
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

The last phone I had (Samsung N181, I thought CDMA would help where I was, it doesn't) lasted right up until the end of contract period where the battery died and warranty had just run out. I went to a mobile phone warehouse up here, had to put a battery on order (after going to Telstra, Optus, Tandy, Dick Smith looking for one) and three days and $80 out of pocket, I finally had a working phone again...
Old 14-11-2005, 11:56 AM   #35
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

I've owned heaps of different phones over the years, it seems that the Nokias are the most "un-fragile" of the lot. My newest phone (after a Nokia 6170 and Nokia 2650) is a Panasonic G51M, and if I dropped it onto concrete, i'd be suprised if it survived. I've owned Motorola V600's, V620's, Played with a V3 Razr, Played with heaps of Sony Erricsons..Nokia phones seem to be the most sturdy, in my opinion.
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #36
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

As an aside, how do I change the default setting where it saves any new numbers onto the phone memory? I want it to be saved on the sim card instead of the phone's inbuilt memory. It's a 3100. PM me if you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 01:39 PM   #37
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric

:

Reminds me of my first phone, the trusty Nokia 101... if you weren't wearing a tight enough belt, it would pull your pants down... :

LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 02:04 PM   #38
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
:

Reminds me of my first phone, the trusty Nokia 101... if you weren't wearing a tight enough belt, it would pull your pants down... :

So at 12yrs old you carried a mobile phone worth $1200 retail and footed 60c per 30 second call charges?
Old 14-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #39
jmc-007

that was like one of dads phones. I remember one of his first phones was a Motorolla and you needed a cary bag for it. and it had these huge 12v batterys to run it.

they have come along way. Although he still complains about the Analouge coverage being better than digital in the outer regions of NSW.

i have had a few phones started with a 5110i then went to a 3330 then to a 6210i then to my 7250i. but i recon the old 6210i was the best one i had.

The 7250i is just about up for replacement (got it early 2004) Battery is gone and i have changed the battery and it still wont charge.

meh dont know what to get after this but i would like a car kit for it.
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 02:51 PM   #40
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
So at 12yrs old you carried a mobile phone worth $1200 retail and footed 60c per 30 second call charges?
My dad got that phone in 1995, and gave it to me in 1997 or 1998. I was 12 years old in 2000 mate, and I had a Nokia 3210 then. :P

I also had an old Ericsson phone that got hit by a bus (literally). Trying to find a pic... hard to google for it when you don't remember what the phone's called... lol

:
Old 14-11-2005, 03:03 PM   #41
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
My dad got that phone in 1995, and gave it to me in 1997 or 1998. I was 12 years old in 2000 mate, and I had a Nokia 3210 then. :P

I also had an old Ericsson phone that got hit by a bus (literally). Trying to find a pic... hard to google for it when you don't remember what the phone's called... lol
So at 8 or 9yo you......... nah, I smell something and its not on the soles of my shoes... I'll leave it at that....
Old 14-11-2005, 03:05 PM   #42
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
So at 8 or 9yo you......... nah, I smell something and its not on the soles of my shoes... I'll leave it at that....
I was very spoiled once :

: