Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-04-2016, 10:47 PM   #31
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Default Re: Karma bites back. I am most satisfied now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess1992 View Post
Morons in cars **** me off too but just remember not all of us made smart decisions at 18 lol
Yeah I joined the Army aged 18 years two months and one day
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-04-2016, 10:52 PM   #32
STINKY NINJA
Banned

I was real clever when I was younger,purchased a pos sunbird with 2 flies and a flee and traumatic and bango diff,awesome car... NOT
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-04-2016, 11:04 PM   #33
V8Crazy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We had a P-plater in a VT wagon who, every morning at about 7am, would fly down our (stupidly) straight/flat/dragstrip of a road (outside/loop road of a housing estate), and proceed to do little "squeelies" out the end onto the main strip, then proceed out of the estate at what ever constitutes mk1 in a commodore.

That was until that faithful morning the commodore decided both wheels wanted to play rather than just the usual single wheel, car promptly spun around, mounted the kerb, bounced off a pedestrian protective bollard, took out the edge of a brick garden retaining wall, then proceeded to visit the nice little wooden gazebo, which by happen stance had a wonderful little creek running under it that the nose of the commodore experienced first hand.

After all that, i'm convinced he just didn't know there was a brake pedal.
Havn't heard any early risers fly past since

ps, How the hell anyone can even drive their car that hard, that early after a cold start i'll never know.
Mods : Capa Vortech V2 SQ Supercharger @ 8psi, 42lb injectors + 2Bar Map, Walbro GSS342 Fuel pump, 2.5" XForce Quadtip Catback Exhaust, 100 Cell Cats, Xforce Stainles Extractors, Complete SuperPro Front & Rear, Whiteline Adjustable Swaybars, Oil Catch Can, Braided Hoses & Alloy Watertank, Volt/Oil Pressure/Temp/Boost Guages
V8Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-04-2016, 11:05 PM   #34
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

I think that everyone is missing the point...we are not advocating doing burnouts on public roads etc, it's more about us older (not old) folk having a laugh at the current generation showing off, but then losing it!

Bring on the CCTV footage

PS - ok, I admit it, I did some burnouts when I was 20+ years younger....but it was all in the name of safety so I knew how the car would handle when it was out of control
Old 01-04-2016, 11:10 PM   #35
superyob
Banned

I never did any silly stuff in a car when I was younger and I never banana shaped an XB Falcon after getting my ambition mixed up with my capabilities...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-04-2016, 11:14 PM   #36
Jess1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
I never did any silly stuff in a car when I was younger and I never banana shaped an XB Falcon after getting my ambition mixed up with my capabilities...
Of course we all drove like angels driving our mother to church on a Sunday :p

I never hit a pole sideways while "swerving to miss a dog" haha
Jess1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2016, 11:24 PM   #37
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniacidz View Post
There's a time and place and public roads a no no

To the OP, what area is this?
What kind of street?

Would a petition for speed humps or other measures be feasible on ya street?

Any council meetings to discuss the issues?

Sent via HTC Velocity + [HolicsROM v1.3] [SWEEP2WAKE]
I agree, however personally I think the chicanes are a better option as you can't use the speed bump as a sort of wheel chock under the fronts to help a piece of crap car spin the tyres. Back in 08(ish) I lived in the concord 5 dock area and there are traffic calmers everywhere and they do a pretty good job. I grew up real fast as I had my son when I was 22 and now live out west in a house I bought which is in earshot of a few decent tuning houses, intune being one (no ill speak of them) but on a friday or Saturday night there are guys pulling monster skids in what sound to be built cars, it's the rotarys that are the worst. The high pitch of a rotor doing x amount of revs is annoying. Rant over
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2016, 11:51 PM   #38
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm only 18 also but I don't see the point in thrashing the **** out of your car doing burnouts etc. Sure couple times here and there we all have moments where we enjoy power but flooring it in school zones main roads etc it just isn't worth it. The amount of times people behind me usually fellow p platers floor it past me and then cut in front of me only to slam the brakes on because of traffic really does annoy the **** out of me. The one thing my old man has always said about speeding drivers is the worst thing you can do is hurt other pedestrians who are innocent victims to wreckless behaviour. To further my point also is the amount of speed cameras nowadays its just not worth it anymore, half the time I'm worried driving the speeding limit lolll.
xr6-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2016, 12:03 AM   #39
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember taking the spare wheel out of the boot of my XD to make the tail lighter so I could do mad skids in inappropriate places. Flinging said XD sideways on heavily trafficked thoroughfares in the wet, spinning various cars around like a bottle top and miraculously not hitting anything, dropping huge single spinner burnouts in the middle of town in my dad's company car right in front of the cops (unknowingly) and getting let off with a warning.

Yep, I was an idiot and I can still remember that fact. I think the main difference these days is that people are less tolerant.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2016, 12:03 AM   #40
V8Crazy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I agree, however personally I think the chicanes are a better option as you can't use the speed bump as a sort of wheel chock under the fronts to help a piece of crap car spin the tyres. Back in 08(ish) I lived in the concord 5 dock area and there are traffic calmers everywhere and they do a pretty good job. I grew up real fast as I had my son when I was 22 and now live out west in a house I bought which is in earshot of a few decent tuning houses, intune being one (no ill speak of them) but on a friday or Saturday night there are guys pulling monster skids in what sound to be built cars, it's the rotarys that are the worst. The high pitch of a rotor doing x amount of revs is annoying. Rant over
Little chicanes that actually slow people down (those sharp angled ones with outside islands, not those wide ones that people just drive around with ease) are the best imo, i'd agree with that.

Speed humps seem like a good idea in theory, until the sound of tyres squealing is replaced with 'thunk-thunk' .....'thunk-thunk' ..... every few minutes as a car hits it (cause no one ever really slows right down for a speed hump, unless its one of those real steep ones, then you get to listen to scraped exhausts haha)
Mods : Capa Vortech V2 SQ Supercharger @ 8psi, 42lb injectors + 2Bar Map, Walbro GSS342 Fuel pump, 2.5" XForce Quadtip Catback Exhaust, 100 Cell Cats, Xforce Stainles Extractors, Complete SuperPro Front & Rear, Whiteline Adjustable Swaybars, Oil Catch Can, Braided Hoses & Alloy Watertank, Volt/Oil Pressure/Temp/Boost Guages
Old 02-04-2016, 02:50 AM   #41
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Enough please gents if you wish to trade insults... offline or PM. Or perhaps accept that differing opinions can coexist and move to the next thread.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2016, 03:30 AM   #42
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Crazy View Post
Little chicanes that actually slow people down (those sharp angled ones with outside islands, not those wide ones that people just drive around with ease) are the best imo, i'd agree with that.

Speed humps seem like a good idea in theory, until the sound of tyres squealing is replaced with 'thunk-thunk' .....'thunk-thunk' ..... every few minutes as a car hits it (cause no one ever really slows right down for a speed hump, unless its one of those real steep ones, then you get to listen to scraped exhausts haha)
Yeh that's them. Chicanes.

Tight ones definitely will slow down areas

Sent via HTC Velocity + [HolicsROM v1.3] [SWEEP2WAKE]
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2016, 06:34 AM   #43
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I hate these knobs ripping skids at all hours of the night and early morning. Go out to the middle of nowhere to do that you ******* if you have to do it all.

No don't go to the middle of nowhere, there's family's living there too

Most of these **** wits think if there's no curb & guttering and these houses arnt on top of each other that it's the middle of nowhere, I live on 5 acres and I'm sick of these idiots who think we'll drive 5km from maccas and we're out in the sticks and we can rip skids

They're usually gutless pieces of **** that sound like unsatisfying farts as they rev and do a wicked single spin until they rev the snot out of it so hard trying to get the second to spin

That's tuff as

We had one ducking moron in a busted **** VL too gutless to do it in his own street (cause some one would tell his mummy and daddy) so he drives out to the intersection out the front of my place, and cuts sick. I didn't call the cops, I didn't confront him, I videoed it on my phone and follows him back to his house

A few days later his dad was morning the lawn so I stopped for a chat, showed him his sons world class burnout performance

The cars been under a cover in the car port cover since.
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2016, 08:32 AM   #44
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Without census I have to tell this story.
Some of you may be familiar with a somewhat notorious gentleman named Tim Bristow (who is no longer with us). One day, a hoon was racing up and down the street where Tim lived on Sydney's northern beaches. After the third pass, Tim went down to the roadside and waited for said hoon to return. Unfortunately for the hoon, he did return and Tim unceremoniously threw a brick through the windscreen. The hoon apparently escaped serious injury and stopped. When he got out to remonstrate and saw who had smashed his screen, he jumped straight back in and drove off, never to return.
Ah yes, Uncle Tim was special!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2016, 09:49 AM   #45
Jess1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
No don't go to the middle of nowhere, there's family's living there too

Most of these **** wits think if there's no curb & guttering and these houses arnt on top of each other that it's the middle of nowhere, I live on 5 acres and I'm sick of these idiots who think we'll drive 5km from maccas and we're out in the sticks and we can rip skids

They're usually gutless pieces of **** that sound like unsatisfying farts as they rev and do a wicked single spin until they rev the snot out of it so hard trying to get the second to spin

That's tuff as

We had one ducking moron in a busted **** VL too gutless to do it in his own street (cause some one would tell his mummy and daddy) so he drives out to the intersection out the front of my place, and cuts sick. I didn't call the cops, I didn't confront him, I videoed it on my phone and follows him back to his house

A few days later his dad was morning the lawn so I stopped for a chat, showed him his sons world class burnout performance

The cars been under a cover in the car port cover since.
Thanks Buzz Killington
Jess1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2016, 09:53 AM   #46
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Could hear a car performing a rather long burnout at the lights at the intersection over the back fence last night. Thought I heard a thud but wasn't too sure. Went out this morning to find a car circled in police tape planted into the trees two houses down and with a couple of nice tell tale tracks behind it.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2016, 12:44 PM   #47
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

I really couldn’t care less if someone wants to chuck a skid but not out front or near my place so I feel sorry for those that live in areas where some drivers don’t have enough grey matter to realise there is a place and a time.

I have to admit as a youngster I was guilty of many a stupid decision in cars so I guess that also makes me a kill joy.

The difference being I grew up in a small town and if I carried on like a pork chop annoying or waking people up, you could be assured the next day I’d have someone drop around to tell me if I kept it up I’d find an axe through my windscreen and that would be just the appetiser.

If you have half a brain you learn quickly to take your fun as far away from people’s homes as possible.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2016, 01:02 PM   #48
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Crazy View Post
Speed humps seem like a good idea in theory, until the sound of tyres squealing is replaced with 'thunk-thunk' .....'thunk-thunk' ..... every few minutes as a car hits it...
Tradie utes with toolboxes on the back create an almighty clatter over speed humps. Chicanes definitely are a much better (and quieter) idea.

I live in a reasonably hilly area, and every 2nd moron thinks it's a roller-coaster ride, and if you can't see a cop from the peak of one hill to the next, then it's time to go for V-max. Most nights you'll hear them going for it. Absolutely flying past at well over 100km/h in a 60 zone. Had several idiots lose it at the roundabout just over the 2nd crest - wiping out into a retaining wall.

But the worst was a neighbour on the main drag backing out his driveway. Clear road, and plenty of notice - if someone was doing 60, but the clown in the skyline was going so fast over the crest he had no time to react to the reversing car. He T-boned him, and pushed the car down to the neighbours driveway. These clowns just don't consider the fact that people do reverse out of driveways in residential areas, kids ride bikes & skateboards, and pedestrians cross roads.

As has been said many times. Time & a place.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2016, 01:29 PM   #49
V8Crazy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Tradie utes with toolboxes on the back create an almighty clatter over speed humps. Chicanes definitely are a much better (and quieter) idea.

I live in a reasonably hilly area, and every 2nd moron thinks it's a roller-coaster ride, and if you can't see a cop from the peak of one hill to the next, then it's time to go for V-max. Most nights you'll hear them going for it. Absolutely flying past at well over 100km/h in a 60 zone. Had several idiots lose it at the roundabout just over the 2nd crest - wiping out into a retaining wall.

But the worst was a neighbour on the main drag backing out his driveway. Clear road, and plenty of notice - if someone was doing 60, but the clown in the skyline was going so fast over the crest he had no time to react to the reversing car. He T-boned him, and pushed the car down to the neighbours driveway. These clowns just don't consider the fact that people do reverse out of driveways in residential areas, kids ride bikes & skateboards, and pedestrians cross roads.

As has been said many times. Time & a place.
At my old house i had a similar issue, was a long road with lots of little dips and wide long corners so of course its a race track (it was a road on the side of a valley, and i was on the downside of the road)

Except i lived 1 house down from a relatively blind reverse camber crested corner (the corner bedroom of the house was directly inline with the typical "shoot off" spot of the corner too....being down hill too the roof of the house was below the road slightly, gives you an idea of the drop off)

Luckily enough the council saw fit to place a strategic telegraph pole right on the corner, can't tell you how many times that pole got hit by idiots flying up the road, coming around the corner, getting weightless and loosing it into the pole.

Or cutting the corner to suddenly realize theres a car coming the other way...again loosing it into the pole.

tbh if the pole wasn't there, save for the big tree's i had in the front garden, i have no doubt a car would have ended up in that bedroom at one point

That was until everyone around that corner started parking up both sides of the road in an attempt to slow people down, mostly worked too
Old 02-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #50
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You're description is like my suburb - there's a few places on the low side near S-bends that have had the odd unwelcome visitor.

Oh yeah, poles are good at stopping cars. You've just reminded me of the pole outside my old house - at the end of a T intersection.

It never occurred to me until after we bought the place. First one I witnessed (only meters away, mowing the lawn) was a local kid in his dad's mid 80s Corona (the 2.4L ones that I used to chase for the W57/W58 supra 5 speed). He used to do the usual single spinner right turn out of the T after slowing just enough for traffic. Spun the rear 1/4 out into the pole. Tried to tell daddy the usual dog ran out.

In the 8 or so years I lived there that pole was replaced twice, and claimed at least a dozen 1/4 panels - mostly young males in ****boxes, but there was the odd young woman, and a couple of older guys who didn't seem to graduate to an LSD....
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2016, 03:02 PM   #51
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess1992 View Post
Thanks Buzz Killington
Hold a Hoon while he dies or be their as their parents arrive while their still trapped by confinement and I'll take what you say on board until then I see you as just being be a dick

I don't know about you but I don't like living on the edge of an illegal burn out pad with NO safety on hand
Old 02-04-2016, 08:55 PM   #52
SYZ
Beaut Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS View Post
The internet it seems has enabled many to forget lots of things or at least pretend they ever experienced them,or not.
Was very difficult (impossible?) as a mere slip of a youth to pull off a successful burnout in my '57 FE with cross-plies LOL.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #53
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Any footage yet?
2 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2016, 12:44 AM   #54
Spurious

No, no footage yet. No surprise though, I imagine our little fellow half wit has a pretty bruised ego right about now, & I have no doubt his vehicle is also sporting some bruising.
So no surprise it's been quiet.

I can vouch for this group though, they will not learn from their mistakes, & they will continue to do so whilst they have each other to feed off.
It comes down to ego.
As I've said before, time will be their undoing. Just a matter of time.

I'm quietly hoping that one of them will come through my front fence one day. 12ft drop into a concrete court yard will ensure they will remain onsite until authorities arrive!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2016, 10:29 AM   #55
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just don't get the burnout thing of a load of idiots looking at some goose doing burnouts.

Some twit was doing this crap for hours the other night some where nearby, must of had a lot of tyres, I would hear a tyre pop and then 10 min later the fool would be out again with foot his flat to the floor.
Last time it sounded like a LS1 flat out for ages with the same thing we could smell the smoke and in the end radiator fluid smell.

Most likely a moron with a stolen car.

I think it must be a inbred thing, they are that stupid that all they can do is stupid burnouts.

Oh look at me I am the burnout toss pot in town, super twit !
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #56
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
I just don't get the burnout thing of a load of idiots looking at some goose doing burnouts.

Some twit was doing this crap for hours the other night some where nearby, must of had a lot of tyres, I would hear a tyre pop and then 10 min later the fool would be out again with foot his flat to the floor.
Last time it sounded like a LS1 flat out for ages with the same thing we could smell the smoke and in the end radiator fluid smell.

Most likely a moron with a stolen car.

I think it must be a inbred thing, they are that stupid that all they can do is stupid burnouts.

Oh look at me I am the burnout toss pot in town, super twit !
When I was young and stupid I let the odd skid fly, but this was the early 90's and the world was a different place (I'm not saying that made it OK) fortunately for me 2 things happened the 1st a local Police man lived in my street and saw me do something stupid he dropped by home and had a word with me and my dad (man I was in trouble) the 2nd thing was I joined the RFS and went to a VERY messy MVA involving a P plater in a Falcon that got quartered like a bbq chook around a telegraph pole and a tree, this scared me straight
Old 03-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #57
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
When I was young and stupid I let the odd skid fly, but this was the early 90's and the world was a different place (I'm not saying that made it OK) fortunately for me 2 things happened the 1st a local Police man lived in my street and saw me do something stupid he dropped by home and had a word with me and my dad (man I was in trouble) the 2nd thing was I joined the RFS and went to a VERY messy MVA involving a P plater in a Falcon that got quartered like a bbq chook around a telegraph pole and a tree, this scared me straight
So you used to do the exact same thing you are moaning about,you are an a grade hypocrite....
The people you are whinging about are young and stupid like you used to be,end of story!
Using the 90s as an excuse for you idiotic behaviour is a joke.
People do stupid **** and learn from it like most do.
I used to do all kinds of skids everywhere in the 90s,you don't hear me crying about hoons these days lol
Old 03-04-2016, 11:54 AM   #58
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas2 View Post
There's a time and a place for it. I'm 22, had my FG for 6 months and still haven't turned traction control off.
1. I don't want to stack it
2. I don't want to lose my license
3. I've never had a fine, not even a parking fine.

Once again, there's a time and a place. I hope these guys learn that.
I'm 47, had my 500rwhp for 2 years and the first time I turned TC/DSC off was to do a burnout at the drags (the first time I have ever been) 2 weeks ago. The first 6 or so burnouts I did were pretty pathetic but I ran my best time of the day on my third run with a poor burnout. My burnouts got better but the times stayed fairly consistent (12.127 through to 12.5).

Which says to me you don't have to do a big burnout to run a good time, which also tells me you don't need to do a burnout on the street especially since you are not taking off from the lights in order to win some prize or break some PB. I'd say there is no need for a burnout at all on the streets, and those that do it probably couldn't run a decent time down the strip anyway and maybe this is why they do it - to give the perception that their car is something special, when the rest (most?) of us think they are just idiots.

I get the occasional chirp of the tyres when taking off from the lights in the dry, and the occasional small spin in he wet, but that's what happens when I'm too hard on the touchy throttle rather some purposeful attempt to spin the tyres to make smoke.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2016, 11:57 AM   #59
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
So you used to do the exact same thing you are moaning about,you are an a grade hypocrite....
The people you are whinging about are young and stupid like you used to be,end of story!
Using the 90s as an excuse for you idiotic behaviour is a joke.
People do stupid **** and learn from it like most do.
I used to do all kinds of skids everywhere in the 90s,you don't hear me crying about hoons these days lol
I think what yeti means is the standards we judge by these days are tougher than they used to be, and it's well publicised in the media what can happen when hooning goes wrong and how illegal those sort of offences are plus the tough anti hoon laws. This may not have been so obvious and publicised 20 or so years ago.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2016, 12:55 PM   #60
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I think what yeti means is the standards we judge by these days are tougher than they used to be, and it's well publicised in the media what can happen when hooning goes wrong and how illegal those sort of offences are plus the tough anti hoon laws. This may not have been so obvious and publicised 20 or so years ago.
I can understand that,the only difference between now and then is the hoon laws and penalties,you cant personally judge people more harshly now than back then,they are commiting the same acts,thats my point.
I got done doing 143km in an 80 zone on leach hwy donkeys years ago,all I got was a $350 dollar fine and 6 points,no big deal,very dumb though,these days I would have a line in the local paper...
I don't do stupid stuff anymore and although I don't like young blokes doing skids in my street I just have to stop and remember that I was a bloody clown once with no thoughts for others around me...
3 users like this post: