Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #31
sanchoXB

Default Re: Advice on selling cars on Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
I guess my hesitation is will it get enough exposure from someone that wants to spend near $30k on a car or is it more for people that are just after absolute bargains?
I recently sold a mustang on ebay for that sort of money, Ive seen XY GTs with huge bids on them on ebay, people will bid.

Best idea is to avoid an auction and list it as a classified ad with best offer, but be prepared for idiots who send stupid offers. Also put a watermark on your photos so scammers cant copy them.

Paypal is not required on ebay for vehicle sales so only accept cash or bank deposit, paypal will take a % of the sale price. Also be careful with bank cheques, if someone pays with a bank cheque take it to the bank and deposit it before they leave, there is nothing to stop them driving away on your car and calling their bank to cancel the cheque. All they have to do is tell the bank they lost it.

If you dont want to be woken by a phone call in the middle of the night put a time in the ad, I always put that I wont answer calls after 9pm, ebay is full of idiots who ring at midnight.

I have sold 3 cars through ebay, it is a great way of advertising but is also full of fools and time wasters. Good luck.
sanchoXB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #32
V8 6I

Default Re: Advice on selling cars on Ebay

I have sold 1 car on ebay and all good.If you have a reserve and the highest bidder is near your reserve at the end you can always give them the option of paying their highest bid.You might not get the expected figure but it saves relisting it.
V8 6I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post