Old 16-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #31
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Another dealership horry story

mum always said

if you cant say something nice about some one

wait till their out of the room

Move one, eith use it to your advantage or go elseware

the warrnty argment doesnt cut it, lets face it you never have to go there again, its a nation wide warrnty, and even if you did do you think the service departments and sales departments have nothing better to do than check to see if a car has come in for service so they can stick it to you there I dont think so

as I said before, move on and use it as a dinner conversation starter its over

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #32
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Some interesting opinions ITT that's for sure.

Personally that dealership would never have my business again if I was in the OP's position, no matter how sweet they got with me. But that's just me.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #33
Cougar1999
Starter Motor

Poor customer service and a crappy attitude towards customers is inexcusable, under any circumstances, in my opinion. IF this dealership were serious about its customer service, those comments would never have been made in the first place. Training this guy on how to use the phone correctly is not the answer either, you'd simply be keeping the issue covered up.
Going after a better deal from the same dealership is tantamount to blackmail and really puts you at a similar level, in terms of your conduct.
The answer is to walk away from the dealership. Find a car somewhere else and then write a calmly worded letter to the dealer principal advising of your actions. That way, you end the discussion in a professional manner (unlike the guy you overheard), the dealer knows he has lost a sale and can take whatever steps he needs to to prevent a reoccurance, and you can enjoy your new car, safe in the knowledge that for once "the good guys win".
Cheers
Cougar1999 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #34
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar1999
Poor customer service and a crappy attitude towards customers is inexcusable, under any circumstances, in my opinion. IF this dealership were serious about its customer service, those comments would never have been made in the first place. Training this guy on how to use the phone correctly is not the answer either, you'd simply be keeping the issue covered up.
Going after a better deal from the same dealership is tantamount to blackmail and really puts you at a similar level, in terms of your conduct.
The answer is to walk away from the dealership. Find a car somewhere else and then write a calmly worded letter to the dealer principal advising of your actions. That way, you end the discussion in a professional manner (unlike the guy you overheard), the dealer knows he has lost a sale and can take whatever steps he needs to to prevent a reoccurance, and you can enjoy your new car, safe in the knowledge that for once "the good guys win".
Cheers
/thread.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #35
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar1999
Cheers
Really now .... a dose of reality would be great instead of the perfect world. He didn't say anything to his face ..... got caught out saying something in private .... which is what it was .... and letters to DP's are needed for a good ol' fashion lynching! Again I say ...... How many times has anyone said something and then thought "Damn ... hope he didn't hear that!" Its retail ... you deal nicely face to face and be pleasant every second of everyday to every joe that walks in, even those that jerk you around ..... say something privately and get caught is just totally embarrassing.

.......... and (not saying it is the case) but who is "The good guys"? The customer is always the good guys and the bad guy is always the sales person???

People should be more honest in retail .... yes I agree ....
"Hey, sales lady ...... does my **** look fat in this?"
"Yes it does .... it looks bloody huge!"

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 16-03-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #36
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think he should get 5k off the price for arrogance.
mrghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #37
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder really how many people come in wanting a new car
And how many actually buy a new car
Sometimes its hard no matter what the sales profession to smile 24/7
Ol matey got caught out on the phone
Whoopie,hes the first ???
As the car dealer will say,"Theres plenty more fish in the sea"
They wont loose sleep over 1 car sale
Get the best deal you can from whoever you can
Then go with that one
Gee its not the end of the world

edit :
The last "new" car i bought
The dealer i went to had the colour , the model on the floor
But a very ,i thought ruff deal
Went to another dealer
Better deal , but they didnt have the colour in their stock
"Oh but theres one in XXXX showroom"
I got a better deal on the colour i wanted
And the car came from the other dealership

Payback isnt nice
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #38
THE CADBURY KID

If it wasnt for ford being a bunch of stuck up,cranky mongrels my missus wouldnt have gone and bought a new lancer instead of the fg ute we had all lined up to begin with.Stupid ford dealers
I felt like slapping the bloke that tried to sell me the fg ute,treated me like dirt so i walked off when the papers were just about to be signed...
THE CADBURY KID is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #39
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would simply use it against the dealership, ask for free stuff / matts/service options etc. Make them beg for your money, if not just go to other dealership simple.
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #40
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
I remember the saleman wore a wedding band and thought "what if the bloke has a young family?" I put it down to him having a bad day and moved on

I suggest you do the same and pull up with this approach.
Not good enough, I don't care how bad a day someone's had; they shouldn't take it out on other people let alone prospective buyers.

My Mrs copped a 'grumpy' salesman after a series of blunders by said salesman and others at the (Ford) dealership. While I resisted the temptation to give him a spray, we made sure the DP and FoMoCo knew all about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
The last "new" car i bought the dealer i went to had the colour, the model, on the floor. But a very (I thought) rough deal. Went to another dealer-better deal, but they didnt have the colour in their stock...

"Oh but theres one in XXXX showroom"

I got a better deal on the colour i wanted and the car came from the other dealership.

Payback isnt nice
Been there, done that. Felt pretty good too!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #41
ZDHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If his comments offend you so much (which in a sense i can't blame you)
I think it is important you front up and advise them of who you are and how you were referred to.

We are not talking about a $300 dvd or similar, we are talking about the common second most expensive purchase most will make.

I know i made comments like that before, but usually discreetly
It is not right that you had to hear it,

But agreed, it may be a good conversation starter when you are standing back with a beer with a mate looking at your new purchase you bought elsewhere.

I also feel the salesman requires education on hanging up the phone correctly
1997 El Futura Saphire 11 Wagon
1985 xf Fairmont sedan
ZDHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #42
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I chat with Panel Beaters all day taking their orders and sometimes their ****, I usually just thank them for their order, tell them to have a nice day and do the order and forget them.
Some people out there should do the same. Vote for a dealer with your wallet.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #43
billy302

When I bought my last car, AU Fairmont Ghia.
We sign the papers and then the salesman takes me into the finance guy, he asks me how are we going to do this, and starts talking about finance.
I look puzzled as I've never bought a car through a finance company in my life.
I've always arranged things through the bank. When informed they will get a cheque for the car he got really upset. Apparently he gets a commission from the finance companies they use and was upset at missing out from the sale.
I then got upset saying I wasn't going to get the car from them because of what was said. My voice is loud and when raised can be heard from a reasonable distance, anyway the manager appears and apologised to me, took me away from the finance guy and calmed me down. I still purchased the car but I never saw that finance guy there again.

Last edited by billy302; 16-03-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: grammer
billy302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #44
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes the car dealers get a kick back from the financier
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #45
Barnaby

It's an Australian story...poor service. It wouldn't happen in the States where they would get the sack on the spot.

Isn't anyone else sick of getting treated like ****? Wrong spare parts and getting ignored in shops?

Out them on here and everywhere else, tell the manager what happened, if he gets sacked **** happens - send a message. Don't buy this car from them, give them a go next time.
Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #46
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by munners
further developments....

My bro talks to the original dealership. He says he was very disappointed with the service and would not be comfortable buying from them unless it was a really good deal. They say fair enough, we'll get back to you.

When they come back with a new deal it is better than before. They say its the best they can do and he would save a bit of money.

Bro then rings me and he tells me the numbers, I visit my local Ford dealer, (he lives in Dee Why, I live in Newcastle) and in 30 minutes the local guys do a better deal with a lower weekly repayment and they throw in sat nav and carpets as well, on exactly the same car. Either the first guys weren't really trying that hard (which would be suprising under the circumstances) or the guys here just wanted the sale more.

So for whats its worth, I recommend Kloster Ford at Cardiff. I will tell my friends and family and when the new Ranger comes out thats where I'll be headed to.

Munners
Best thing you brother could have done, hit them where it hurts most and buy elsewhere
Old 18-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #47
xr8daz

I dont know why some of you think that the DP would be outraged to find out his salesmans behaviour...i have worked under a DP that has openly abused cutomers to thier faces!! And before you think it was some poor reputation dealership , it actually won a national dealer of the year award twice under this cretins reign.
I think some of you guys would be amazed at what goes on in a dealership.
xr8daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #48
Buntz
Straight Eight

You can get problems from any dealer. But Ford's are notorious. Someone needs to address these dealers.
Buntz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #49
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I had something similar years ago said to me...
Along the lines he can't afford that etc..
So I went down the road and bought same model off the floor ..
Drove in the next day to buy a globe for the trailer ..
I couldn't help myself !!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2011, 10:03 PM   #50
sxckevo
Ford motor company

WOW i don't believe some of the responses i've read on here.... :/ I'm with you all the way munners. Sounds like utter crap and i'd go to a different dealer.

All he has done is 'review' his brothers experience at the dealer. How is that any different than a movie critic bagging a movie??? I'm fairly certain some of you against this wouldn't feel the same if you were in his brothers position...
Build a bridge people and get over his REVIEW!!!..........

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #51
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha, its kinda funny, the salesman probably wouldnt know your brother from a bar of soap, he started bitching to his colleagues probably to be funny. I wouldnt take it personally, if your brother doesnt want to deal with them go to another dealer. Ive sometimes bad-mouthed call centre staff to my wife to have a laugh, I would of been mortified to know that they heard - as I genuinely wouldnt want to offend them.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #52
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxckevo
WOW i don't believe some of the responses i've read on here.... :/ I'm with you all the way munners. Sounds like utter crap and i'd go to a different dealer.

All he has done is 'review' his brothers experience at the dealer. How is that any different than a movie critic bagging a movie??? I'm fairly certain some of you against this wouldn't feel the same if you were in his brothers position...
Build a bridge people and get over his REVIEW!!!..........
Id say his brother needs to build a bridge.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #53
jayc16
Starter Motor

Guess you still won out in the end with a much better deal than you originally had. Just to rub it in call XXXXX and tell him what his actions has cost him.
jayc16 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #54
ray38l

It seems to me ford enthusiast's are used to and accept poor customer service these days

Last edited by HSE2; 19-03-2011 at 06:25 AM.
ray38l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2011, 01:11 AM   #55
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont know if this is a bad customer services story - afterall the dealer was apologetic. Rather its a story about a human being stuffing up.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #56
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
It's an Australian story...poor service. It wouldn't happen in the States where they would get the sack on the spot.

Isn't anyone else sick of getting treated like ****? Wrong spare parts and getting ignored in shops?

Maybe you should stand on the other side of the counter for a while? Dumb customers with NO idea of what car they have or are as rude as buggery. Sales people get a little fed up now and again too.

"What size engine do you have sir? Fu**ed if I know" I rest my case.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #57
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman_75
Wow someone overhears someone bagging them and you want them to loose there job ....what is wrong with you people .

He stuffed up by not hanging up properly....use it against him ,get a good deal .

And if you have never ever said 1 bad word about anyone , then u should be the next pope , you have already proven that wrong by starting this thread ,......get over it ..seriously
Mistakes happen. I used to deal with telephone enquiries in a call centre. I had this bloke giving me a hard time and I had to put up with his rants for about half an hour. When the call was finished, as I hung up the phone I call this bloke a DH. I hadn't hung the phone up and he heard. He called back. But it was true. He was a DH.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #58
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
Maybe you should stand on the other side of the counter for a while? Dumb customers with NO idea of what car they have or are as rude as buggery. Sales people get a little fed up now and again too.

Ill go out on a limb and agree with this, customers are the back bone of my business aswell.
Getting abused happens every now and then customers always wanting something for nothing and when they dont get it we are the worst people in the world.
We have to work to earn a living aswell it would seem, so if i ever go anywhere and have to wait a bit for some service or something like that im happy to wait as i know what its like.
Old 19-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #59
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
I dont know if this is a bad customer services story - afterall the dealer was apologetic. Rather its a story about a human being stuffing up.
It was the sales guys choice to mouth off. He got caught. Why feel sorry for him? In most other jobs, there'd be consequences.

If you ordered a burger and the guy making it dropped the patty on the ground, then used it in the burger anyway thinking you hadnt seen it, would you just accept it as a human making a mistake?

If the sales guy has such a low opinion of his customers, he should find another job.
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #60
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf

Is it really that difficult to respectfully answer "4 litres" or whatever applies in that particular situation? Not everyone is a car enthusiast, and many of those that aren't rely on the dealer for information.

I don't consider that to be something to get fed up about, and it certainly doesn't warrant abusing customers willing to make what is quite probably the second most important purchase in their lifetime.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post