Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #31
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

on the other hand maybe the aliens were down for the .........fiesta
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #32
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by troppo
Or possibly a Meteor
Hey I got one of those in the garage.... not to metion that in its current state, if I were to start it up it probably would burst into blue, red and green flames....

There is a good incident that happened to a family driving arcoss the Nullabour. Apparently they left Ceduna and arrived in Ucla in too shorter time (can't remember how long). Anyway the husband, oblivios to what had happened, pulled into the petrol station and he discovered he still had a full tank of gas. The car was covered in dust and there were 3 dents in the roof. Apparently a truck going the other way had witnessed a bright light hovering over the car before the car dissapeared. Now when you cross the border into WA you'll see a sign that says "Aliens next 111kms". Thats a story that has always fascinated me.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #33
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh bwa ha ha ha - good responses

During this era, Professor Robinson & family were lost in the nether regions of space, when for a short period of time, a rip in the space continuum allowed a short return visit to earth.

It was the Jupiter 2 coming in for it's annual service.

There ya go - that's my two cents worth.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #34
Mad_Aussie
what-tut-tut-tut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor82
There is a good incident that happened to a family driving arcoss the Nullabour. Apparently they left Ceduna and arrived in Ucla in too shorter time (can't remember how long). Anyway the husband, oblivios to what had happened, pulled into the petrol station and he discovered he still had a full tank of gas. The car was covered in dust and there were 3 dents in the roof. Apparently a truck going the other way had witnessed a bright light hovering over the car before the car dissapeared. Now when you cross the border into WA you'll see a sign that says "Aliens next 111kms". Thats a story that has always fascinated me.
Yeah I read that at the servo last time I did the Nullabour trip.

My great grandmother used to talk about seeing a light one night driving from Perth to Geralton (around 70 years ago), she reckons she had all her kids packed up in the back of their old ford, going down the highway (read - gravel coach track) at around four in the morning, and she saw a bright blue light come screaming up behind her. She said it was going so fast she thought it was going to kill them, so she told the kids she loved them etc, and right at the last second the light swerved around the car without slowing down and continued in front of them until it was out of sight.

Now that woman was very on the ball, and never told a word of a lie. She wouldn't have said it if she hadn't have seen it. Things like that really interest me.
Mad_Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #35
ltd
Force Fed Fords

"Mam, why didn't you stop for the police?"
"I thought youse was aliens"

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #36
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Aussie
My great grandmother used to talk about seeing a light one night driving from Perth to Geralton (around 70 years ago), she reckons she had all her kids packed up in the back of their old ford, going down the highway (read - gravel coach track) at around four in the morning, and she saw a bright blue light come screaming up behind her. She said it was going so fast she thought it was going to kill them, so she told the kids she loved them etc, and right at the last second the light swerved around the car without slowing down and continued in front of them until it was out of sight.

Now that woman was very on the ball, and never told a word of a lie. She wouldn't have said it if she hadn't have seen it. Things like that really interest me.
Sounds like the Min Min Light:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Min_Min_light

Old 16-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #37
Mad_Aussie
what-tut-tut-tut

We've often thought that, although min mins aren't commonly talked about as being in WA.

Theres been interesting news about similar lights over on some 'Lemon Tree Road' over east, where people drive really fast at night to 'conjure up the ghost' of some dead motorcyclist. Plenty of vids on youtube of people going 180+ down this road before seeing a light hover above their bonnet. Strange stuff.
Mad_Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #38
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
We've often thought that, although min mins aren't commonly talked about as being in WA.
Min Min migration patterns have changed due to global warming.

Quote:
Theres been interesting news about similar lights over on some 'Lemon Tree Road' over east, where people drive really fast at night to 'conjure up the ghost' of some dead motorcyclist. Plenty of vids on youtube of people going 180+ down this road before seeing a light hover above their bonnet. Strange stuff.
That was on the news recently too. Not sure what to make of it myself other than there are alot of idiots wanting to do 180+ in the dark.

Old 19-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #39
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

NT News has a fair bit about NT's UFO sitings over the years. See their website, a link or two for further study. Online vids etc.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post