Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #31
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDeala
on the flip side.. the pretty new model is driving prices down...
you can get a new elite console for $260 with forza 3 and halo 3 odst..
$249 at JB
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #32
Fireblade
Wizard Member

EB games have 250gb elite 2 controllers + 7 games for $449, or 250gb elite 2 controllers + 4 games for $369, prices crashed for current model XBOX's due to press release of new console yesterday.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #33
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

$399.97 for the new 360 here, dunno how reputable the site is, but worth a look

http://www.fishpond.com.au/Games/Xbo...ampaign=360sAU
Old 17-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #34
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Was told the new one was going to cost $449, but with what extras I don't know.
Old 17-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #35
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
Was told the new one was going to cost $449, but with what extras I don't know.
retail is $449 for the newy, with no extras as far as i know, that's just for the console and 1 controller. Just now it comes with 250GB and wifi, 45nm architecture, less power use and so on.

if it were me i'd be getting the run out elite model, since the processor is essentially the same.
Old 17-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #36
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote V8
kintect?? no thanks! only certain games will be available but not the games i like to play thats what i got my wii for anyway.. and kintect is $199.00 ... dreamin...
$199 is pretty optimistic, if the US price is anything to go by ($149) the Australian equivalent will be no less than $249.

If enough people jump on the bandwagon with Kinect and Move the next generation of consoles will be motion control gaming ONLY. All will come neatly bundled with the latest 'sports', dance and fitness games.
Old 17-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #37
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
$199 is pretty optimistic, if the US price is anything to go by ($149) the Australian equivalent will be no less than $249.

If enough people jump on the bandwagon with Kinect and Move the next generation of consoles will be motion control gaming ONLY. All will come neatly bundled with the latest 'sports', dance and fitness games.
i really very much hope that does not happen. Having a tactile controller is so much easier and foolproof. I don't see there being a controller-less console for a very long time, it just isn't efficient enough. Besides, who can be bothered waving their arms and legs around at the TV to make it pause and replay your new copy of mad max
Old 17-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #38
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It will happen guaranteed if these two peripherals succeed. They MIGHT offer a standard control option like the Wii, but have a look at how many games use it.

On the upside PC Gaming might make a well deserved comeback!
Old 17-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #39
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
retail is $449 for the newy, with no extras as far as i know, that's just for the console and 1 controller. Just now it comes with 250GB and wifi, 45nm architecture, less power use and so on.

if it were me i'd be getting the run out elite model, since the processor is essentially the same.
I was thinking of doing this and getting the $449 one for more games and controllers, give my current elite 120gb to my son to replace his 20gb pro and put the pro away as a spare in case of RROD.

I won't be happy if they replace the current controller with some crap motion sensor, I have the WII and its good but it is no 360.
Old 17-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #40
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To misquote South Park.... " SEGA DID IT! SEGA DID IT "

The idea:
Finally you'll be able to feel like you're part of the game. When you punch, your guy punches, when you kick, your guy kicks and when you do a jump kick you'd finally be a little closer to becoming an international super-ninja.

The Reality:
Released in 1993 when Sega had an incredible 65 percent market share in the video game industry, the Activator seemed like a gift from the video game gods, sent decades ahead of its time. No more clunky A, B, Up, B, for finishing moves in Mortal Kombat. Just reach on down to the ground and whip your arm back up to remove your opponent's spine.

Well, no. Instead of button mashing you had to move your arms into one of the eight quadrants that made up the activator.

So to do Sub-Zero's fatality instead of pressing Forward, Down, Forward, A, you just had to throw a punch exactly in front of you, then one exactly behind you, another in front, and then one more punch behind you on either side.

Even if you did move your arm at the right time and in the right area you had to deal with your ceiling screwing everything up. Yes, if you didn't have a low, flat ceiling without ceiling fan and no ceiling lights/chandelier, then you couldn't use the Activator because all the magical infrared beams would get distorted.

The instructional video also warns against using it with mirrored ceilings. Hell, Sega, that eliminates every room in our house! We suppose you've got something against leather curtains and satin leopard-skin sheets, too?
And lets not forget the Nintendo Powerglove.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #41
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Wonder where I would get one of those from, would go well with my retro collection of older consoles