Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #31
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

back in ya outback, outback, all you'll end up with sitting on the fence is a sore bum!!

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #32
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback
what slatter doesnt play for melbourne the cheat club.

if thats the only way Queerlanders can win.
Slater (not Slatter) played well, this series has SFA to do with Melbourne Storm and the salary cap stuff.

Queensland were the better team, they played wet weather football, played 80mins and deserved the win. the Blues lost this game in the selection room by picking 4 centres, no 5/8 and a right side defence that was out of position all night. if they arent stuborn and fix the mistakes (which they wont) we should be competitive in games 2 and 3.
Old 27-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #33
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
.....if nsw managed to somehow win something
i admire your optimism
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #34
Outback
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy
back in ya outback, outback, all you'll end up with sitting on the fence is a sore bum!!
Could you explain that in English this time sunshine.
Outback is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #35
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
i admire your optimism
that team couldn't win a chook raffle if they had all the tickets

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #36
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I keep saying it, origin means so much more to the QLD'ers.

You see the players are pumped and they take it to heart.

NSW players just want to make sure their hair doesn't get messed up
Old 27-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #37
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

It's a solomn mood in the office today!! Hahaha! I love living in Newcastle (biggest football cult city Ive ever seen) everyones excited to the max the day before Origin, and the past 5 years the place goes stone cold dead the day after!!

I didn't even bother watching (usually watch the last game each year) but I LOVE hearing the moans and groans of the cockraches around town!!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #38
JimNiki
71Mach1

I can't believe no-one mentioned how good it was to watch it live in 3D!
I take it we've all bought tv's recently and we ain't about to blow more money!

I'd love to see underbelly in 3D ...hope a nipple doesn't poke me eye out!
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #39
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

what a game last night so glad my favorite Players scored g.i , slater scored yet again, by the way has made anyone made one these on facebook

Old 27-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #40
Outback
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNiki

My CRT tv is still going strong so i wont be buying a new one till it dies just a wast of money.
Outback is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #41
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNiki

You get me a 3D tele that doesn't make me wear Roy Orbisons throw ways and I'd be interested in the technology.....

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #42
JimNiki
71Mach1

the minute I can start watching live footy (go pies) regularly on tv in 3D, I will go and get one. love the andra drags also...the next olympics will be mind blowing in 3D I reckon...
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
Old 27-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #43
T3man
Banned

Ah yes, girl's beach volleyball in 3D ...

er ...um ... excuse me ... be back in a minute ...
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #44
JimNiki
71Mach1

I was thinking more of the womens weight lifting jerk & snatch .
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
Old 27-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #45
T3man
Banned

Well you're a deviot then ... and now I'm thinking the same thing. Damn You!!
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #46
CFOUR
The Destroyer

Wally "the king" Lewis was on the radio today saying he feels really sorry for nsw as he believes not only where Queensland coasting threw game one, but infact they'll be twice the squad by game two and nsw has nothing left up there sleeve.
Old 28-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #47
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
Ah yes, girl's beach volleyball in 3D ...

er ...um ... excuse me ... be back in a minute ...
Huh, Lingerie Gridiron kills then all, now when thats available in 3d I'll wear Orbisons glass's and get knocked over by a b o o b
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #48
hopk88
Formally KezDaMuss

cant wait for game 2 in brissie. 26 rows back yeww. Looking forward to seeing QLD wrap up the series in front of a home crowd. QUEENSLANDER!
hopk88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #49
pks54
Ford Power To The People

Well the selectors have named a 21 man squad for NSW. This is to cover injuries and possible suspensions. This would be my team choosing only from the 21 man squad they have choosen. Hope they pick this tomorrow night.

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Matt Cooper
4. Beau Scott
5. Timana Tahu
6. Trent Barrett
7. Michell Pearce
8. Jason King
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Weyman
11. Nathen Hindmarsh (c)
12. Luke O'Donnell
13. Paul Gallen
14. Kurt Gidley
15. Tom Learoyd-Lars
16. Brett White
17. Trent Waterhouse

Points I would like to make.

Gidley on the bench and Hindmarsh comes in the starting side to captain as well.

I wouldn't pick Idris so I've got the two centres from the dragons. Again I would pick others in front of Cooper but Ive chosen from the selectors 21 squad.

And Josh Dugan to replace Hayne at Fullback if he gets suspended tomorrow night.

Hopefully the above team will get picked.

Go the blues. So hopefully we can go to a decider for SOO3. And hopefully not go down 5 years in a row.
pks54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #50
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

hmmm.... not what the NSW team needed right now.

If he claims he's known him for that long, it appears it also means he doesn't very well.

Quote:
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsart...w/default.aspx

Joey remarks forced Tahu walk out on NSW

NSW Winger Timana Tahu sensationally walked out of the Blues State of Origin camp after taking offence to remarks made by assistant coach Andrew Johns.

A devastated Johns would not reveal what he said to former Newcastle teammate Tahu, but told reporters at the team's camp in Kingscliff in Northern NSW, that he was "shattered".

Stunned Blues officials were forced to call up Canberra Raiders winger Joel Monaghan, as a emergency replacement just four days out from Origin two at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.

"Earlier in the week I made some comments which Timana Tahu deemed inappropriate and offensive," Johns told reporters on Saturday.

"My comments weren't directed towards Timana, some of the comments were about myself and 'T' (Tahu) deemed them to be offensive and inappropriate.

"I am really upset and shattered that I have offended T, we go way back. I've known him since he's been a kid.

"Unfortunately we had a day off yesterday and I didn't get a chance to see 'T' before he left and tried to call him.

"It is a private matter between myself and him, and we'll talk in the next couple of days."

NSW team manager Craig Young said that Tahu spoke with Blues coach Craig Bellamy at lunchtime on Friday, when many of the players, who had a day off, were playing golf.

Tahu told Bellamy he was leaving the camp, throwing into further disarray the Blues' preparations as they attempt to square the series on Wednesday and avoid a fifth successive defeat.

"He approached the coach yesterday afternoon and said he wanted to leave the camp for personal reasons," Young said.

"He just jumped in a cab and went to the airport."

Young apologised to media for keeping them in the dark about the situation on Friday night, but said it was difficult to get hold of selectors to find a replacement for Tahu.

He also said Monaghan needed a medical clearance for a thumb injury, which he only received on Saturday morning.

"We have been trying to contact Timana, we have spoken to (Parramatta CEO) Paul Osborne and left messages for his manager.

"We just have to talk to him and we can't do that at the moment.

"It's his decision and we have to respect that.

"In relation to Joey, he is shattered. He is obviously very passionate about NSW.

"He'll get back on the bike at training today and we have to get on with it.

"It's a matter of NSW preparing well, putting their best foot forward and winning the game."
Quote:
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsart...w/default.aspx

Carr won't guarantee role for Johns

NSW Rugby League general manager Geoff Carr has refused to guarantee Andrew Johns will keep his coaching role with the Blues, following Timana Tahu's shock walkout.

The Parramatta star sensationally quit the NSW camp in Kingscliff, northern NSW on Friday, after taking exception to remarks made by his former Newcastle Knights 2001 premiership-winning team-mate.

Tahu's decision comes just four days before the Blues take on Queensland at Suncorp Stadium, as they look to stop a record-breaking fifth straight series defeat.

Carr admitted he was bitterly disappointed at Tahu's decision but said he was confident the Blues' management team had the matter under control.

He also said he was unaware of what had been said by Johns that caused the dual international to walkout.

"I have left the matter in the hands of team management and they have acted accordingly at this time of speaking," Carr told AAP on Saturday.

"At this stage we need to speak to Timana to find out what happened.

"I have tried to ring him and have also contacted Parramatta CEO Paul Osborne but as yet I have not managed to speak to either."

Carr said although Johns had remained in the camp with the team, action could still potentially be taken against him if he is found to have been in the wrong.

"Joey is very disappointed with what has happened and said he didn't mean to offend but we need to speak to Timana and we are very keen to talk to him so we can sort the situation out," he said.

"Until we do that we cannot make any guarantees about anything but I have to say, that team management seem comfortable with Joeys' role and I am sure if they were not then they would have acted.

"It is a sad situation and not ideal but we have to get back to preparing to try and level the series."

Stunned Blues officials were forced to call up Canberra Raiders winger Joel Monaghan, as an emergency replacement for Tahu.

Monaghan needed a medical clearance for a thumb injury, which he only received on Saturday morning but has been cleared to train with the rest of the team.

Last edited by Falc'man; 12-06-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #51
CFOUR
The Destroyer

NSW: The State Where The Captain Starts On The Bench.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #52
prydey
Rob

as talented as the johns boys were on field, they don't strike me as the sharpest tools in the shed. might be a little unfair on matt. he got the larger portion of brains.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #53
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Watching The Footy Show on Thursday night, when Robbo was doing some roving reporting while they were eating dinner. He picked up some sort of veggie and tried to make Tahu eat it, looked like he was just about ready to get up a deck him thought it was a bit weird

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #54
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
Watching The Footy Show on Thursday night, when Robbo was doing some roving reporting while they were eating dinner. He picked up some sort of veggie and tried to make Tahu eat it, looked like he was just about ready to get up a deck him thought it was a bit weird
Yeh he seemed to get really aggrevated with him, but I can't blame the guy, who would want some grubby bogan jamming food into their mouth?
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #55
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

footy players are suppose to be TUFF, not girlie girlie, he hurt my feelings type.

Send him up to QLD anyway, I've got a cup of cement waiting for him

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #56
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

The fact it's in his vocab doesn't exactly help his cause. He should have known better, but, I'm sure he and many others have learned the lesson...

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsart...r/default.aspx

Johns quits NSW coaching over race slur

NSW's State of Origin II preparations are in crisis after assistant coach Andrew Johns stood down, admitting he made a racial slur against Queensland superstar Greg Inglis.

League great Johns on Saturday night became the second member of the Blues set-up to quit their Origin camp following Parramatta star Timana Tahu, who walked out in protest at Johns' comment.

"Two nights ago while trying to talk up the match I made a disparaging comment about a member of the other team and in the process of that I referred to the colour of his skin," Johns said in a statement.

"I should have thought more what I was saying about a player whom I have always admired and respected and I hope to speak with Greg (Inglis) soon to explain what happened.

"I only hope that by stepping aside I can show others how seriously I am taking this issue and hopefully others may learn from it as well."

On a day of high drama for the Blues, who are already staring down the barrel of an unprecedented fifth straight series defeat, the Nine Network reported Johns as telling centre Beau Scott he needed to stop "that black c***", a reference to Maroons Aboriginal star Inglis.

In the report, Johns denied he was a racist.

A NSWRL statement said Johns had apologised to both Inglis and Tahu, only realising the "true effect" of his comments after speaking with the Eels centre on Saturday.

"I would love nothing more than to see Timana re-enter the team," Johns said.

"It is something I deeply regret and I will do all I can to repair my friendships with both Greg and Timana and to regain the respect of those I have let down."

Stunned Blues officials had been forced to call upon Canberra Raiders winger Joel Monaghan as a late replacement for Tahu, whose mother is Aboriginal.

Tahu said earlier on Saturday he was "hurt" and "devastated" after sensationally walking out of camp on Friday.

"Joey said something which he thought was just some banter amongst the boys that I took offence to," said Tahu, who played with Johns in Newcastle's 2001 premiership-winning side.

"It is something I feel strongly about.

"To sacrifice my NSW Origin jumper and to give up the chance of bringing the trophy back to NSW is obviously something I gave a lot of thought to.

"But I felt I had to make a statement that this sort of behaviour in any environment is unacceptable and, as a senior player, I had to show that.

"The fact that it came from someone on the coaching staff that is highly respected in the game and has such influence in rugby league, and someone I have known for a long time, made it more hurtful.

"It has naturally devastated me that this has happened."

The same statement said Johns had phoned Tahu on Saturday after learning of his protest.

"I said something without thinking which I deeply regret," the former Test and NSW skipper said.

"It wasn't said with any malice but it was ignorant and I realise how inappropriate it was and that it was not acceptable.

"I have learned a massive lesson from this and I am devastated that it caused Timana to give up his Origin jersey.

"I am deeply sorry I have hurt Timana, who is someone I have always had a lot of respect for, and his family too.

"I can't apologise strongly enough. I look forward to sitting down with Timana and learning from him what is acceptable when it comes to sensitive issues such as this."

Talk through Origin race issue: Bellamy

NSW coach Craig Bellamy has called on Timana Tahu, Andrew Johns and Greg Inglis to get together and talk through the racial vilification issue which has engulfed the Blues camp for State of Origin II.

The Blues' preparations for Wednesday's match have been badly disrupted after Tahu walked out on Friday, upset by the slur used by assistant coach Johns about Queensland centre Inglis while addressing NSW players.

A remorseful Johns quit his team role on Saturday, acknowledging his culpability and issuing a public apology.

Tahu informed Bellamy he was deeply offended and had to quit the camp to make a stand against racism.

Speaking about the drama for the first time on Sunday, Bellamy said he felt for all three men and said they needed to get together and clear the air.

"I honestly believe the best way out of this ... is for those three guys to get together and make clear what their feelings are and the hurt they've felt through this. And hopefully they can get on with their lives from there," Bellamy said.

"It would be great if T and Joey got together. And I think I'd like to think in a few days' time perhaps Joey could talk to Greg as well.

"Certainly there's been no winners out of this. It's caused a lot of hurt to everyone involved.

"They're all hurt - and I'm hurting for the three of them.

"But it's important to try and resolve this thing through those three guys getting together.

"They're the ones who have got to work through the issue. It's a terrible situation for everyone."

Queensland coach Mal Meninga has also spoken out on the issue, saying Inglis is hurt and angry over being the subject of the racial slur.

Inglis, who broke camp on Thursday to attend a family funeral, was understood to be shaken by the news.

"He's hurt by it, particularly with the (standing of the) person who has made the comment," said Meninga on Sunday.

"He's a bit angry at the moment but he'll deal with the issue."

Meninga said Inglis's family and Queensland teammates had rallied around him since the story broke but the remark had cut a player who'd been working to stamp out racism in the code.

"We don't condone the current happenings in our game. Racial vilification is a no-no as far as we're concerned," said Meninga.

"I'm disappointed and hurt by it all. Talking on behalf of Greg in particular, he's hurt and disappointed by it all, but he understands the team's behind him.

"They're rallying in and he's had a lot of support from family and friends over the past 24 hours as well."

As far as Meninga knew, Johns had not yet contacted Inglis to apologise to him, but agrees with Bellamy that it must happen.

"At some stage, when all the water's under the bridge and the anger has died down a bit, I think they'll probably get together and have a bit of a chat about it," he said.

"Greg's worked really hard in this area. He's done courses in this area and social welfare.

"He wants to make a real difference in this area so comments like this do hurt him."

The Nine Network, Johns' employer, issued a statement saying they won't sack the television personality as a result of comments made while in Origin camp.
Old 16-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #57
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Loving this match.

Memo to NSW: You're suppose to play football too, not just fight;)
cs123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #58
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #59
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

QUEENSLANDER!

What a great game!
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #60
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Just got home so I checked the score on NRL.COM and they seemed to have screwed it up. Wonder how long it'll take for them to correct it.

Having heard NSW being smashed at half time, I was a little puzzled when I connected and saw this..

Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post