Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-05-2010, 09:12 AM   #31
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotsyfots
another free one is "ozfreeonline" but be warned ~expect a couple of scammers trying you out!!

scammers are everywhere. its no longer 'buyer beware' but 'buyer and seller beware'!! i've had 2 in the last week on carsales. both the same email with some minor changes in detail. always a marine/sailor who wants to buy it for dad/brother/uncle etc etc via paypal.

what i can't quite believe is that obviously some people are sucked in by it.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #32
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommyjames
I know the first serious buyer who looks at my xr8 will buy it, its just finding that particular buyer is the stumbling block. Ive just done up a few adverts for notice boards, i'll put those up and see what happens.
Gee its getting very tempting at the price you have it now. I was originally looking at an AU XR8 now getting married in a few weeks which put it off and now thinking a 6cyl for family car with kids soon. But gee $9g, not to bad of km's. What is your insurance cost like. Rego is the killer these days, and fuel but it has to be better than a carby XF.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #33
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Iv sold a few cars on carsales, never got called by car yards, but did get called by a car broker type place in Bris.
They promised me really good $$ on my car and then basically wasted my time after driving all the way up there for them to inspect it..
Their offers were 5-7k short of my ask price. They were hitting me at a few K below wholesale. Told em where to jam that offer.
They tried a few times to get my car. After the first fiasco, I refused to deal with em.

Iv recently had my XY GT on Ford Muscle Cars, copped a few scammers there, and also threw it up on ebay as well.
It fell well short of the reserve, but generated a lot of leeds and interest in the car.
I didnt expect it to sell on ebay, but the ad did deliver on what I expected it to, which was to give the car excellent exposure..
The amount of scammers trying to catch me out on ebay was outrageous and very annoying, but the AD served its purpose..
The AD cost me $20 on ebay, where as all ads start at $50 for carpoint/carsales, so you do pay more for exposure there than ebay. Whether the exposure is more beneficial or not, time will tell for me.

One things for sure, advertising on the forums for my kind of car (aka XY GT) has been a waste of time. I had 1 serious enquiery from here (none at all from others), and that guy turned out to be a time waster who agreed on a deal, and then decided to change the terms of it..NOT COOL..

To the O.P., when I sell my GT-P, I am looking at buying an AU 2 or 3 XR8 as my new daily driver.
I will be specifically chasing a 220kw manual car, and the budget I was prepared to pay for such a car is 10k.
So, with that in mind I think your car is pretty close to the right asking price.
I wouldnt mind a T series either, but Id want a manual T2 or 3 and those would be well out of my price range..

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post