Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-09-2009, 07:40 AM   #31
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It'll buff out I do it all the time.
You would be amazed how many people actually do this thinking it's
the right way to get tar or sap off a car.
What can ya say the world if full of morons.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #32
winkle

My 6 year old daughter was learning to ride her bike with training wheels out the front of our house. We hadn't seen her for a while, so I went outside to check. Found her in the car port using the touchup paint to repair the scratch she had made with the handlebars along the door of our newish AU Falcon. Luckily I got to it before the paint dried, and the scratch did buff out.
winkle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #33
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial
Not what the thread was intended for but..........
I was about 13 or so when I was helping my father service his tiny Suzuki panel van thing. It had a 800cc motor and I topped the oil up, I put all 4 ltr's in!!!!
He made me get under the car and drain most of it out through the sump and then start the car on the lawn and explain to all the neighbours why is was blowing so much smoke.......

I now pour in about half a ltr, wait, check the dip stick and repeat if needed!!!
This reminds me of a friends daughter who FILLED her car up with oil and when I say filled she put it all the way to the cap until she could see oil because it wasn't full until she could see it.

Suffice to say his daughter got a rather colourful/fruity explanation of how to fill the car with oil and was obviously introduced to Mr Dip Stick lol
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #34
Springfield_Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Box
This reminds me of a friends daughter who FILLED her car up with oil and when I say filled she put it all the way to the cap until she could see oil because it wasn't full until she could see it.

Suffice to say his daughter got a rather colourful/fruity explanation of how to fill the car with oil and was obviously introduced to Mr Dip Stick lol
A friend of mine, when she got her first car, had to call her dad at work one day as she was trying to put oil in the car & it was just going all over the ground. She was having difficulty getting the oil from the big container down the little hole the oil goes in - she was trying to pour it down the dipstick tube.

Daily drive 2010 Mitsubishi triton single cab turbo diesel

1968 XT Falcon (project yet to be started)
Springfield_Johny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #35
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Had a mate do that, filled approx. 8 litres into a VK (I think) he then started it to see smoke pour out where ever it could.

He then went on to "kill" a landcruiser (stalled it during a river crossing and attempted to restart it after it had engulfed a bit of water)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #36
Ringo
I see you....

Its not the first time I have heard of morons using a scourer on a car. Sad....and funny.

Year ago my old man rubbed back a 20 cent piece sized chunk of tar off his company car only to discover after rubbing it with various things and chemicals (except tar remover) that he had removed the tar but also dulled the paint to a matt finish in a patch the size of your hand. Ooooooo bugger!

It was a white company car so it didn't show and he didn't care...but a lesson learnt.

Also when I was a kid and helping to wash the car I stuck the hose up the exhaust pipe and left it there....until Dad discovered it. He was worried that it wouldn't start but it takes a little more to upset a ZD Fairlane. I think there was a lot of steam though when he drove it later that day...clouds of it
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #37
xr8-200

Quote:
Well heres one from when I was younger.

Although its no where near as good as one I heard one day when we were in at AAMI for something......

A guy had just picked up his brand new Alfa and was sitting in the driveway waiting for a break in traffic to leave the dealership.

Someone came flying around the corner and spun his car straight into this guys brand new Alfa. He didn't even get to drive his car off the lot!!
That sounds simular to what happened to a friend of mine. He had just bought a brand new commodore ute and went to back it out of the parking bay when one of the apprentaces who worked there came flying throught the car park in an astra and be backed into him. He drove his new car about 1 metre before he crashed it. Apparently the whole side of the astra needed to be replaced and the ute needed a new rear bumper and tail gate.
xr8-200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #38
Ringo
I see you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8-200
That sounds simular to what happened to a friend of mine. He had just bought a brand new commodore ute and went to back it out of the parking bay when one of the apprentaces who worked there came flying throught the car park in an astra and be backed into him. He drove his new car about 1 metre before he crashed it. Apparently the whole side of the astra needed to be replaced and the ute needed a new rear bumper and tail gate.
.....and the apprentice was looking for another job
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post