Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-04-2008, 12:17 AM   #31
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Tell them no 5th dimension pack or no car... simple.
Agreed. Also VZKOOP is right.

Its unfortunate that first time new car buyers often get sucked in by the ming mole. Also it doesnt increase the value of the car when it comes time to selling or trading in the car.

When buying a new car and the salesperson mentions about the package you should ask them why the car needs this paint protection. "Isn't the finish any good without it?" and "Isn't it polished properly before delivery?" Then they back away.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 01:24 AM   #32
kice
STD GT3576R at is limit!

Wont I have to pay 15% in damages aswell? or am I allowed to cancel the contract forfeiting the deposit? That is like $7000 they could ask for I guess. Maybe I can use the fact that the car is actually an AUTO, even though the contract states MANUAL as a loophole, when the car arrives AUTO say that I didnt want an auto and cancel the contract?

7. Purchasers right to terminate this contract

7.1 The Purchaser may terminate this Contract if the Dealer has breached any of the obligations imposed by this contract.

7.2 If this contract is validly terminated by the Purchaser, the Dealer must immediatly refund any deposit aid and return any Trade-In Vehicle to the Purchaser.

8. Dealer's Right to Terminate this Contract

8.1 The dealer may terminate this contract if the prchaser has breached any of the obligations imposed on the purchaser of this contract

8.2 If this Contract is validly terminated by the purchaser, the dealer may seek an amount up to, but not exceeding, %15 of the Total purchase Price of the Vehicle as pre-estimated damages.

8.3 Any deposit paid by the Purchaser may be used by the Dealer to meet the pre-estimated liquidated damages payable by the Purchaser. Any surplus will be refunded to the Purchaser.
kice is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 03:54 AM   #33
kice
STD GT3576R at is limit!

so how much is it to exit the contract :S
kice is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #34
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread is frustrating me...

Did you have any out clauses in the contract such as "subject to finance approval"? (does anyone seriously sign a contract like this without out clauses "just in case"..?)
have they deviated at all from the contract i.e: vehicle specs?

If it was me in this situation (and it never would be) id pull out of the sale based on "finance refusal" or deviation of the agreed vehicle spec...

Go and get legal advice.

Sounds like they saw you coming....

P.S car paint protection is a rort, and 3K for it is close to armed robbery... :

Old 18-04-2008, 10:23 AM   #35
LoW_LaNe
Starter Motor

the fifth dimension is usually paint protectant (like a sealent) and interior protection, i personally dont think it is a worthwhile expense working in the pre delivery area.

You said that there was a contract but you had not signed it yet.....therefore you havent agreed to the terms on the contract yet simple as that
LoW_LaNe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #36
Sam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ffs just walk away from it, seek legal advice on how to handle any further contact from the dealer, forget about your $400 and then speak to one of the forum sponsors to ensure that you are getting quality sales advice and service.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #37
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

What 4Vman said (and he was saying it to me not that long ago...)

GO AND GET LEGAL ADVICE.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #38
ltd
Force Fed Fords

You need to get legal advice like 4Vman said.

If I were you then I would simply put in writing a letter and fax it to the dealer principle. In this letter outline your reasons for frustration of the contract, that being finance not covering the extra 5th dimension pack due to workplace injury, and that you are now only able to afford the previous car without aforementioned pack. Then go on to say that you would still like to do the deal, however are disenfranchised by your treatment and the lack of response from the ming mole (love that one) as well as the lack of a satisfactory response from the sales representative. Tell him then that the very fact that they have drawn up two contracts and are prepared to enforce the first if the second isn't signed is, as you've been advised; unconscionable. Then give him an out by saying, I would still like to do business here but have been advised to discuss options with the dealer principle or sales rep to remedy this matter. Then advise that you eagerly await his response.

Upon receipt by the fax machine the dealer principle has 24 hours to respond lest he finds himself answering a series of questions and being looked on less favourably by the court or arbitration - should it ever reach the litigious stage. The dealer will most likely destroy both contracts and start afresh. Make sure you have copies of all correspondence, and be friendly yet confident. They cannot enforce the contract should not all parties be satisfied. The exclusion clauses printed on the back are often confusing and duplicitous for a reason; often they are not valid under the trade practices act and are put there to give contract issuers protections otherwise not standard.

Quote: