Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #31
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
I think this is where it gets sticky.

It's Ford Assists job to help you if broken down, and it looks like their sticking to the exact contract here.

It's the Insurance companies job to help if it needs towing through a crash (pothole, tree, big dog...whatever)

However I dont think it's Ford Assist's -or the NRMA/RACQ- job to organise towing and then liaise with your insurance company to get it fixed.
motoring clubs don't liaise with insurance companies to get cars fixed. all they do is pass the vehicle details and location on to a towing company. the clubs get 0 kickbacks out of it. they organize this as a community service.

in effect, the person with the damaged vehicle would achieve the exact same outcome if they were to ring a towing company on their own (directory assistance: Ph 12456)
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #32
Casablanca
carburettor

tis true ^^^
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #33
FPVTurboTaxi

Quote:
my guess is that you probably refused to have the vehicle put on a tow truck and that's up to you. if so, you've chosen the long way to go about things because now you have to collect evidence of everything that has happened and hope that your insurance company will cover it. since the vehicle has been moving all over the place, they may well refuse to cover it.
Um no they flatly refused to come out
this was also confirmed by ford customer care that investigated it further

Its now been taken further and will advise what happens

For Sale QLD Number Plates 06-XRF $550 PM me
FPVTurboTaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #34
Donut King
Officially Unemployed!

Unrelated story along similar lines;

I had a Super Pursuit just after they came out as a press evaluation vehicle, one morning i walked outside to find it had a flat, I couldn't see any damage so I tried to get it to inflate but it wouldn't, so I would have to change it.

Jump in the car and start looking for the jack & wheel brace, look everywhere, call the editor and ask if there is a funny location where they hide them and he couldn't think of anything I hadn't tried. We then called Ford who got their dealership who looks after the press fleet in NSW to check their other cars, none of which had a jack or wheel brace in them either, just had to leave the car where it was until a dealer rep got out there with some gear to do the job.

Then they couldn't get a replacement tyre in the right size so we had to go without a spare for the rest of the time we had the car. I can happily report that the locknut was in the glovebox when i needed it, just nothing else was there!

Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #35
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVTurboTaxi
Um no they flatly refused to come out
this was also confirmed by ford customer care that investigated it further

Its now been taken further and will advise what happens
yeah, i'm not sure how ford assist operate. my guess is that they probably should have offered a tow truck as i mentioned, but if they failed to do so, then that's not very good. if you had called racq though, they would have organized a tow truck for you. they do that for anyone, not just members.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:37 AM   #36
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
Sorry to here , hope the drags were tops anyway ....
Second day we had our car , the battery died - and try as i may i cannot for the life of me remember why they couldn,t help ???

Long story short , i rang the salesman who sold the car .
He came to my house , agreed it was the battery called RACQ and they replaced it and bugs me i cant remember why the assist program couldn,t help me ?!!Has it finally expired ?

I have now had my car for 2 years and 1 month and i cannot remember the period we were covered from ?
Is it 2 years/3 years - 100 000 kms ??? Cheers .... I,ll just join RACQ if it has..... Not that this car should EVER break down :

It's only for FPV cars Daz.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #37
colossus
Secret Sleuth

Quote:
. was talking to one of the others that blew tyres , a total of 18 cars lost rims and tyres last night
what the? don't people scan ahead anymore when driving - too busy looking at the speedo? clueless...
Old 08-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #38
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossus
what the? don't people scan ahead anymore when driving - too busy looking at the speedo? clueless...
we've had severe bad weather. it's a bit hard to see a pothole when it's under water. the last week has been very harsh on south east queensland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
It's only for FPV cars Daz.
ford assist is not restricted to FPV owners only. i'm 99% sure it covers most new fords.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #39
The_Ghost
Retro Ray

Is it an extra you pay for (Ford assist) or is it included with the purchase of a new car
The_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #40
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost
Is it an extra you pay for (Ford assist) or is it included with the purchase of a new car
It was included , got a specific card in the owner manual compendium , another problem CANT find my log book or manual or anything????
And i dont remember moving it from pass seat pocket :
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 07:13 PM   #41
The_Ghost
Retro Ray

think I'd tell em to keep it and give me a ford umbrella instead :
The_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 07:43 PM   #42
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When my XR was about 2 months old I needed to FORD roadside assistance
I done a quick U turn to beat a huge line of cars - no I did not break traction at all - straighten up to get going and it just died in the bum and would not fire back up but i had enough momentum to get it up on the foot path out of the traffic called the 1300 number had to give my life story and the epilogue to the operator and an RACQ patrol was out in about 15 mins he could not get it going and he called for back up and the 2 of them could not get it going he was on the phone to FORD as well to get an answer UNTIL a nice local highway patrol copper pulled up to have a sticky beak at what was going on and we got chatting to him and he diagnosed the problem as it has happened to a couple of their XR8's just as they about to chase some down from doing a hard U turn it some how trips the fuel safety cut off above the passenger side kick panel he pushed the reset button and showed us where it was for future reference as they have been showed how to reset it them selves from their workshops
FORD did not even know about this as the RACQ had to explain it to them
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #43
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

I know how you feel. I hit a pothole out near Mudgee in my EF Wagon. knackered two rims. Tried to get money out of the council & they said nope the joys of motoring. probably could have taken it further but couldnt be bothered. At the time I never even thought of insurance. I rang my neighbour to grab a couple of spare rims and bring them down to me.
the two remaining good rims are now on my box trailer. I just put standard wheels on the wagon, it was the cheapest fix at the time.
redxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 12:24 PM   #44
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unco
ford assist is not restricted to FPV owners only. i'm 99% sure it covers most new fords.
And old(er) ones like my Barge.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #45
FPVTurboTaxi

well
just heard back from ford
i couldnt be any happier , turns out to be one of those situations where a secondry company contracts the roadside assist and ford backed me 100% in my compalint

outcome
-4 new wheel locks with adaptor has been shipped
-ford as a act of faith and apology has offered me my next service free of charge
- i gotta tell u i got a really nice apology over the phone

my claim has been sent to main roads for the replacement tyres and rims

the situation has been worked out amicably ...
thanks ford

Old 11-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #46
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
well
just heard back from ford
i couldnt be any happier , turns out to be one of those situations where a secondry company contracts the roadside assist and ford backed me 100% in my compalint

outcome
-4 new wheel locks with adaptor has been shipped
-ford as a act of faith and apology has offered me my next service free of charge
- i gotta tell u i got a really nice apology over the phone

my claim has been sent to main roads for the replacement tyres and rims

the situation has been worked out amicably ...
thanks ford
Ahhh. I love a story with a happy ending.

Well done.
Old 13-01-2008, 12:19 AM   #47
FPVTurboTaxi

well just got some pix off the camera for main roads

this will give u an idea of how big and deep the hole was, the cigarette packet so small in there , also remeber its on the approach the the servo where the bright lights are in your eyes

check out the rubber around the outside from cars hitting it

the hsv rims were far worse than mine