Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #31
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Ive driven a stock au xr6 hp and a xr6 vct au. I found the vct felt quite quicker than the hp in auto form.if I was going to buy a stock car of the 2 Id go for the vct model.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #32
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

bucknaked i think he means banned v8's and turbo's for p platers which is going to happen soon :(
FPVWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #33
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVWEPN
bucknaked i think he means banned v8's and turbo's for p platers which is going to happen soon :(
Yep, and I think Bucky was the only person on the forum who thought he meant something else. Nice bodykit, but not much in the engine department (talking about Bucky's car, of course).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 12:48 AM   #34
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
...they sure get better fuel economy in stock form!
If you keep the VCT mtrs at around 100kph on the H/ways their Ok as in this lastest dyno the factory A/fuel is set OK to 100kph after those speeds it starts to use fuel.

Interesting was that I used a K&N filter last dyno & thought it could be blocked & not enough air was getting in.
But I gained a few rwk with the AC Delco paper filter but the A/Flow was even worse this time as shown by the bottom figs. The only real mod was 3"intake this time. I think the only way to improve the A/flow is remapping the ECU on the VCT mtrs. Some at the dyno day removed thier filters to gain a few Kw's. But I don't think thats the real answer with the Ford factory ecu
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 08:31 AM   #35
HLC
Audi S3

just jumping in the economy point....

my mums 'lane is a VCT and it only an exhaust and she is getting 13.6L/100km average consumption. thats more economical than my car which isnt a VCT. mind you, she drives a bit like a grandma, but that being said, they can be just as economical if not better.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #36
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
If you keep the VCT mtrs at around 100kph on the H/ways their Ok as in this lastest dyno the factory A/fuel is set OK to 100kph after those speeds it starts to use fuel.
Thats a bit odd. On my last trip from melbourne to Perth about 18 months ago, i found that my car was most economical at roughly 135-140KPH. This was the speed where we were getting to most range to the same amount of fuel. Any higher and it was just using fuel, any lower and we seemed to get less to the tank.

This corresponds to something i heard ages ago about an engine being most efficient at peak torque, which is about 140kph in D.

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #37
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman

Interesting was that I used a K&N filter last dyno & thought it could be blocked & not enough air was getting in.
But I gained a few rwk with the AC Delco paper filter but the A/Flow was even worse this time as shown by the bottom figs. The only real mod was 3"intake this time. I think the only way to improve the A/flow is remapping the ECU on the VCT mtrs. Some at the dyno day removed thier filters to gain a few Kw's. But I don't think thats the real answer with the Ford factory ecu

Mine was a shocker before the unichip , take a look
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JAMESVC3T.JPG (48.3 KB, 54 views)
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 12:09 PM   #38
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
Mine was a shocker before the unichip , take a look
Looks as if made a A/F improvement plus about a 12rwkw extra on your car.
What A/filter were you using for both runs. The filters don't seem to really make that much diff in the VCT on the rwkw but the K&N's gives a bit leaner mixter in the readouts.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 12:22 PM   #39
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^
K&N panel filter - 2000kms old
Tickford snorkel
EF airbox lit with 3" pipe to flexible bend.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #40
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Personally im looking at the unichip mod soon too , does it really make that much difference to fuel economy in the vct ? . And as far as the Auto in the AUII with the adaptive shift etc etc , i still find im using nearlly 1/3 less fuel than on econ or performance , could the 'mid-range/longer' reving/holding the gears longer etc etc in econ and performance really use that more extra fuel than adaptive shift ? , even if i boot it non stop in adaptive shift i still use less fuel than in econ or performance - and its a HUGE fuel difference. I havent reset the ECU since purchasing the car - would this maybe set things correct again ? , cos as i see it - i should be using the least amount of fuel in economy mode - or is it possible that while driving easy in adaptive shift that it does actually use less fuel than econ mode ?? ... Hope i havent confused u all ..lol
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #41
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Personally im looking at the unichip mod soon too , does it really make that much difference to fuel economy in the vct ? . And as far as the Auto in the AUII with the adaptive shift etc etc , i still find im using nearlly 1/3 less fuel than on econ or performance , could the 'mid-range/longer' reving/holding the gears longer etc etc in econ and performance really use that more extra fuel than adaptive shift ? , even if i boot it non stop in adaptive shift i still use less fuel than in econ or performance - and its a HUGE fuel difference. I havent reset the ECU since purchasing the car - would this maybe set things correct again ? , cos as i see it - i should be using the least amount of fuel in economy mode - or is it possible that while driving easy in adaptive shift that it does actually use less fuel than econ mode ?? ... Hope i havent confused u all ..lol
My understanding is , if you drive easy on ADAPTIVE mode the ECU uses the same shift pattens as ECON mode.....

As for the fuel economy with the Unichip , its early days. I have spent the last week with the revs @ 4500-5700 so from now , im going to drive it normal and see how it goes. But all signs are pointing to better economy.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:12 PM   #42
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

AU's from factory have crap A/F figures.....
Once you get a proper tune then you get to understand what it's all about.
The Unichip is great and other types of piggyback whatever whatever......
Fuel economy better ? I love this one, hello........if you get your car running better do you nurse it more ?? Shyte no !
City cycle I use more fuel but I love it !
It accelerates better down low and mid range so it's great to use around Sydney traffic hehe very perky for a heavy IRS 8.
Where the economy comes is the open road ! I noticed last trip just under 800k's.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #43
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
AU's from factory have crap A/F figures.....
Once you get a proper tune then you get to understand what it's all about.
The Unichip is great and other types of piggyback whatever whatever......
Fuel economy better ? I love this one, hello........if you get your car running better do you nurse it more ?? Shyte no !
City cycle I use more fuel but I love it !
It accelerates better down low and mid range so it's great to use around Sydney traffic hehe very perky for a heavy IRS 8.
Where the economy comes is the open road ! I noticed last trip just under 800k's.
I agree..
If you got these sort of cars for economy you made a bad choice. These are not for economy, they are for fun.
If you want economy buy a Camry or get LPG... but just dont expect the same sort of fun.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #44
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

I was expecting a bit of a pig fuel wise in the VCT, and on adaptive shift im quiet happy with the fuel economy , just on economy and performance im chewing fuel like the DTE is counting down by the seconds almost !!!!! - something wrong ?. Also everyone mentions the shift pattern/timing only changes when changing the auto settings , i found that my car idles like its got a lumpy cam in performance ( even sounds more meatier when booting it ), and it does go like clappers in performance, aint had nothin beat me yet ( yet ! ) . ..lol ... I dont think its had any mods yet allthough from what i have read so far i think i better check soon , cos it doesnt sound standard compared to what others are saying ??? . and its definatelly not missing (is firing all cylinders in all modes ). ??????????? - has got me buggered , i will have a good look soon and see if anything has been modded.
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #45
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
I was expecting a bit of a pig fuel wise in the VCT, and on adaptive shift im quiet happy with the fuel economy , just on economy and performance im chewing fuel like the DTE is counting down by the seconds almost !!!!! - something wrong ?. Also everyone mentions the shift pattern/timing only changes when changing the auto settings , i found that my car idles like its got a lumpy cam in performance ( even sounds more meatier when booting it ), and it does go like clappers in performance, aint had nothin beat me yet ( yet ! ) . ..lol ... I dont think its had any mods yet allthough from what i have read so far i think i better check soon , cos it doesnt sound standard compared to what others are saying ??? . and its definatelly not missing (is firing all cylinders in all modes ). ??????????? - has got me buggered , i will have a good look soon and see if anything has been modded.
If not before hand I'll let you compare it with mine at the BBQ day.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #46
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just put an AU XR6 HP motor in my ed... Goes hard all the way to 6000rpm. I put a custom grind billet cam in, and a chiptorque chip... Its putting out 217.2RWHP or 162RWKW... Its taken to the cam really well...

As others have said, the VCT is a great motor, but can be a bit picky as to what mods you can do...