Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-09-2005, 10:57 PM   #31
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBIIBurner
my mate got done by a cop doing a random check he got pulled over cause he drives a vl commodore and the cop got him for driving unsupervised on his Ls $120 and driving without L plates $120 F*** i hate cops
You cannot be randomly pulled over for a reason. Anyway, who was the one breaking the law there? Him, or the cop? Good on the cop, I say, for keeping someone who doesn't appear to have qualms breaking laws off the road.
Old 26-09-2005, 11:32 PM   #32
1TUFEA
MONTY is Alive !

well i got done about a month ago and was 0.143 and on my p's and i live in QLD and i got 6 months and $1000 so she fu#%ed im sorry to say and up here in QLD 0.15 is over the high limit i was lucky to be only over the general limit and no matter what you say she will pay for her mistake just like i am !

1988 Ford Fairmont EA Series 1

MODS: Hurricane Extractors, Red dash light, Fake Xenon Lights, Mpfi Conversion, Dumpage, 17" ANZ Mayhems (Chrome)

TO COME: 5 speed trans, 4.11 LSD, Carputer, Stage 2 cam, Major Head Work . :
1TUFEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 12:03 AM   #33
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know a friend of the family who was nearly killed in a car accident (brough back from flatline twice) because a L driver was out unsupervised with a nearly double the limit alcohol reading and simply drove through a red light at around 70km/h ...

sorry, anyone who does that deserves what they get for putting other peoples lives at risk, not just their own. 12 months driving suspension should be a minimum.. they're just lucky they're still around to go to court... there's no excuse, drink driving is by far the worse driving offence and if you do it, you're a moron.

looking on the bright side, she's young, and hopefully learnt her lesson so she doesn't end up in a worse situation down the track and she can put it down to a learning experience

(sorry, don't pull any punches on this topic)
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 12:21 AM   #34
gtfpv
GT

i hope she gets some sort of rehabilitation because it looks like her bad upbringing or troubles will stick . unless she shakes it .so it would be nice if she gets some sort of punishment she will remember . like weekend detention .or community service.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 03:12 AM   #35
gmkila
GOT 20'Z?

i know she only 16 but if its one thing i cant stand is drink driving it's not nescasary and anyone who does it should be punished, and to be on her L's unsupervised at the same time is just stupid, i hope she gets punished and fined and not be able to get her licence for at least 2-3 years, sorry to be harsh but young people need to learn to be more responsible.
Old 27-09-2005, 03:21 AM   #36
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmkila
i know she only 16 but if its one thing i cant stand is drink driving it's not nescasary and anyone who does it should be punished, and to be on her L's unsupervised at the same time is just stupid, i hope she gets punished and fined and not be able to get her licence for at least 2-3 years, sorry to be harsh but young people need to learn to be more responsible.
Amen. DUI penalties are WAY WAY too lenient. 0.06 should be a 24month suspension minium as far as im concerned. Whats that, you will starve and won't beable to feed your kids. STIFF, live with it.

Back on track. I think you initial question has been answered, $1500-2000 in fines and arroun 12months loss minium.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 03:59 AM   #37
Sir_Daywalker

Ok here in Qld Driving on your L's unsupervised is a misdemeanor and is simply a $120 an 1 point fine.

Drinking on your L and P's is not permitted its 0 Limit.

Whilst on L's an L plate Must be Displayed on the vehicle or a $120 fine and 1 point penalty applies.

Whilst on L and P licences you must carry your licence on you at all times whilst driving any vehicle or a fine applies.

When on Open Licence you have 24 hrs to produce your licence to the nearest Police station to your residence failure to do so results in a fine.

However with the L plate unsupervised if you get caught 3 times it will be placed before a judge in a magistrates court and you could get off lightly with a fine or you could be suspended from driving until you turn 21 if under age of 21 if over age of 21 unable to obtain a licence for 6 months usually occurs.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 04:28 AM   #38
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Save your money on Lawyers/Solicitors/Barristers etc...

She is screwed. the money she will save can go into paying the fine(s)

She's been bad, and should cop it on the chin. I lost a mate in similar circumstances last year.

Was drunk and unlicensed.

Now DEAD...

Sorry, but I don't have a lot of leniency for this sort of thing anymore. Not trying to be a bastard mate...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #39
hrtrip
I Hope Holden Dies

sounds like shes right up the creek without a paddle. did the depression maybe have something to do with it? not that its an excuse but i think she's been scared off drink driving ever again by the sounds of it. but yeh u need to look at the finiancial side of things, if you can afford a lawyer and the fines then get one, if you cant put it all toward the fines. i nearly knocked a mate out one night as i wasnt gonna let him drive home ****ed as a fart. in my mind having a mate angry at me is worth it if it might have saved his life as i know how hard it is to lose a best mate.

HRT R.I.P

Icon Blue BFII Fairmont
Stock as a rock... :(
hrtrip is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 01:12 PM   #40
98AUXR6

People make mistakes and she has been lucky enough to have survived and hopefully will learn from it. If she is a 'good kid' as Shockwave has said, hopefully it is a valuable lesson learnt.
98AUXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 01:33 PM   #41
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
my mate got done by a cop doing a random check he got pulled over cause he drives a vl commodore and the cop got him for driving unsupervised on his Ls $120 and driving without L plates $120 F*** i hate cops
Hmmm...so the cops get some unlicensed idiot off the road - he escaped with a mere $240 fine, damn that is such a lame amount for that offence.

As for hating cops for doing their job... :togo:
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #42
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
damn those pr1cks for doing their jobs! how dare they! :
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #43
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Hit her with the book, and then some!
she MIGHT learn that way, but looks like she is a nimrod for actualy getting into the car being that much over the limit!!!!

sick of hearing about this sort of stuff!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 10:37 PM   #44
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

being young i doubt she will get a fine, im thinking about 1 - 2years loss of license and a community based order will be on the cards
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 10:40 PM   #45
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
your a fool mate, you hate cops because they fined ur stupid mate for commiting a crime, and blaming it on the car he drives? :
Old 27-09-2005, 10:54 PM   #46
MAD
Petro-sexual

A old friend of mine got into a police chase while on his L's at 16 or 17 (unsupervised of course), anyway, cant remember the fine he got but he wasnt allowed to go for his L's again until he was 21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
your a fool mate, you hate cops because they fined ur stupid mate for commiting a crime, and blaming it on the car he drives? :
Why hasnt this guy been banned yet? Surely his statement is enough to show what his continued input to the forums will be like.
Old 27-09-2005, 11:08 PM   #47
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADXF
A old friend of mine got into a police chase while on his L's at 16 or 17 (unsupervised of course), anyway, cant remember the fine he got but he wasnt allowed to go for his L's again until he was 21.

Why hasnt this guy been banned yet? Surely his statement is enough to show what his continued input to the forums will be like.
i hope your talking about the guy who i replyed to and not me lol
Old 27-09-2005, 11:37 PM   #48
MAD
Petro-sexual

Of course... sorry
Old 28-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #49
OXY-351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Amen. DUI penalties are WAY WAY too lenient. 0.06 should be a 24month suspension minium as far as im concerned
You've got to be kidding haven't you?

I'll bet that 90% of the people on here that drink alcohol have driven while over the limit at some point in their lives, whether that be knowingly or un-knowingly. It's just that they haven't been caught.
OXY-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 01:55 PM   #50
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OXY-351
You've got to be kidding haven't you?

I'll bet that 90% of the people on here that drink alcohol have driven while over the limit at some point in their lives, whether that be knowingly or un-knowingly. It's just that they haven't been caught.
Aah, assumptions, the mother of all f&%kups. Now, i'm only 25. But I can say with a clear concience that i have never driven with any alcohol in the system when i was on my P's. I've had my open licence since 20, and i'll be damned if i have more then 2 beers if i have to drive anywhere. I'd probably suggest that more people then not, on these forums are the same way.
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 02:14 PM   #51
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter
Aah, assumptions, the mother of all f&%kups. Now, i'm only 25. But I can say with a clear concience that i have never driven with any alcohol in the system when i was on my P's. I've had my open licence since 20, and i'll be damned if i have more then 2 beers if i have to drive anywhere. I'd probably suggest that more people then not, on these forums are the same way.
Yeah agreed - I never once had an ounce of alcohol whilst on my P's, and since being on an open license have only ever had 1 or 2 beers max if i am driving (over a long period), and never touched alcohol if i am riding.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 02:35 PM   #52
OXY-351

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Yeah agreed - I never once had an ounce of alcohol whilst on my P's, and since being on an open license have only ever had 1 or 2 beers max if i am driving (over a long period), and never touched alcohol if i am riding.
Ever have the occasional big night out? Ever drive at all the next day after those big night outs?

Yes, I'm making assumptions here, but my number of 90% was more a figure of speech. I'm just trying to point out that I bet a lot of people who think they have never driven over the limit and detest drink driving have possibly (I would suggest probably) actually driven whilst over the limit.

Last edited by OXY-351; 28-09-2005 at 02:42 PM.
OXY-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 09:05 PM   #53
XR8GRL