Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 27-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #31
JP300+

I was lucky enough to get a copy of a video which was taken by one of the spectators on the night ... pretty good quality.

I actually wheelspun a bit off the line ... The rest of the run looks like I was cruising down the motorway. Slow !

Spoolman, 11.16@132.1 mph !! ... not too shabby, your getting close too. When are you going out next?
Old 28-08-2007, 12:34 AM   #32
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP300+

Spoolman, 11.16@132.1 mph !! ... not too shabby, your getting close too. When are you going out next?
I wasnt to fussed about going for some time, I have has plenty of people tell me to push on, I am running a stock bottom end the push may end up being something other than a time ticket.
Will have a chat soon with my mates see what we are going to do..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #33
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Here is my homework ...

I was running out of time on the night .. the first run was at 8:45pm ... they run the burnout comp at 9pm and close at 10pm. I waited 1.5 hours in line for a single ruin. I might not have had a chance at a second run.

I was also worried about breaking traction off the line and in 2nd gear. This happened to me in the past when I was running up over 400rwkw.

I was also told that cracking a 1.5 sec 60 footer was very hard on the MT ET Streets ... I was surprised when I cracked the 1.53 60' time ...

It's not how much power you have on a dyno or at the flywheel ... It's how much you can put to the ground at the track without breaking traction.

It was fun ! :
fair enough mate, I wasn't having a go at you. Although its a great result, it would leave me frustrated having two better tunes to go and getting banned. But as you said, Heathcoate next. Just a long drive to go drag racing.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:31 AM   #34
JP300+

Update ...

I'm definitely going down to Melb for the FordXR6Turbo.com forum BVW III festivities ...

I will have a go at Calder on the Friday night and Heathcote on Saturday.

I'm going to take a conservative approach again. The diff bush is stuffed and the diff is wobbling about a bit and knocking. Its been something that I have been meaning to do for a few months now. I will try and get it done next week. If not then I'm prepared to trailer it back to Sydney if it breaks.

I might try and borrow a set of full slicks for the rear.

The car has been driven on the street with the same tune and that it ran at WSID for the 10s pass for a month. (The car is only tuned for street pump fuel). Economy has been ok... 350 - 400kms in the city, about 550kms in the highway.

The factory dunlop rears are ruined (again) and there is no chance of maintaining traction when the car hits 3000 rpm with the pedal 1/2 to full throttle. That is another thing I will have to do.

It will be interesting if the car can backup with another 10s pass in Melb...
Old 01-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #35
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Update ...

. The diff bush is stuffed and the diff is wobbling about a bit and knocking.

It will be interesting if the car can backup with another 10s pass in
Melb...
Get on to Fulcrum (site sponsor) they make a after market polyurethane bush for the BA.
Your car will most probably go better in Melbourne the humidity down here isn’t like Sydney.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:58 PM   #36
JP300+

I already have a bush from them. Jim @ Tunehouse bought me one a few months ago as we knew that it had to be replaced. Just have not had a chance t get it done. They have been flat out ...

Melb should be fun !!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:25 PM   #37
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

the diff bush is not a huge job. got mine done at ford in half a day.

if it has been knackered for a while i would look at sourcing a bolt also as there is a chance that the one in there will be unusable. mine was clunky for about a month, got gradually worse and the bolt was completely buggered when it was fixed.

hopefully you wont need the backing plate rethreaded! you should be able to tell either way, my knock was VERY noticeable!
Old 06-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #38
JP300+

Took the car in to Tunehouse on Tuesday night and the diff bush went in yesterday. No other damage. I replaced the two other bushes on the two lower ontrol arms too ...

Should get the car back on Monday ... Need brake pads, wheel alignment, minor service and another two rear tyres!!
Old 22-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #39
JP300+

Last night I ran a 10.98 @ 125.5 MPH 1.71 60' first pass and managed to convince the officials that it was just luck so they let me have another run!

The second run was a 10.88 @ 125.3 MPH 1.66 60' (PB) and I got sent home.

Street trim, on borrowed MT ET Streets, my new street tune on pump fuel (mix of BP Ultimate 98, Mobil 8000 and Shell 1000, I think?) ... I guess that backs up my last 10.8 second pass.

The track was a bit ordinary and was not prepped.
Old 22-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #40
SpoolMan

Quote:
Last night I ran a 10.98 @ 125.5 MPH 1.71 60' first pass and managed to convince the officials that it was just luck so they let me have another run!

Street trim, on borrowed MT ET Streets, my new street tune on pump fuel (mix of BP Ultimate 98, Mobil 8000 and Shell 1000, I think?) ... I guess that backs up my last 10.8 second pass.

Well done JP i love you managed to convince them for another run...

Old 23-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #41
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Well done mate, another top performance.

What tune was in the car this time? Did you change tunes from run 1 and 2?
Old 23-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #42
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done JP!

Sorry to ask as i sound stupid, but why where you banned ? was it the tyres you were using ?
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #43
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Probably because he was running without a roll cage, something that is compulsory once you have run 10 second run

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #44
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Ran a sub 11 without a cage as per ANDRA rules... ;)
Old 23-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #45
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Well done on your time mate and was good to meet you as well, impressive car to watch.

Yes the track was very ordinary, about normal for a Wednesday street meet.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #46
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Top result mate but how the hell do ya get banned?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 09:00 PM   #47
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51RTE
Top result mate but how the hell do ya get banned?
Anyone who runs a 10 sec pass with no roll cage is kicked out, its for safety reasons..

Old 23-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #48
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Oh ok thanks Spooly, another lesson learnt. Not that the TE will get there :
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2008, 02:21 AM   #49
JP300+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSF6
Well done mate, another top performance.

What tune was in the car this time? Did you change tunes from run 1 and 2?
Same Tune used for both runs, just let the car cool down a bit before the second run, used a bag of Ice to speed up the process...

This same tune is now my street tune !
Old 24-05-2008, 02:22 AM   #50
JP300+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Well done JP i love you managed to convince them for another run...
Thanks ... I think I might be up for an Oscar next year!
Old 24-05-2008, 02:26 AM   #51
JP300+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
Well done on your time mate and was good to meet you as well, impressive car to watch.

Yes the track was very ordinary, about normal for a Wednesday street meet.
Thanks ... It was good to see you guys running the manual Supercharged Boss.

I was hoping that they had preped the track following the weekend Compact Attack Meet but they didn't. Perhaps on a better night the car might get off the line a bit better.
Old 31-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #52
JP300+

Quick update on the progress of my car since the 10.88sec pass... No modifications, servicing or retune has been done.

I have been busy with work and home renovations.

I did take the car out the last two Wednesday nights in full street trim with the 19" wheels. I managed a 11.8 sec pass last Wednesday night before the rain came down. Not a very good pass as the car was cutting out due to low fuel. That was a new PB on street tyres.

Tonight I went out again with whatever fuel was in the tank, I think I have been using both BP Ultimate and Vpower 98 in the car over the last few weeks.

First run, I blew the pipe off the bottom of the turbo at about 3/4 track. The clamp broke. The car still ran a 11.7@120mph, 1.85 60'

The boys from Tunehouse came down with a new clamp and fitted it in the pits. Thanks Tony and George.

Second run, the car started starving/surging (low fuel) but managed 11.6@122mph 1.83 60'

I ran out to the local Shell servo and filled up with some Vpower 98. Then I managed to sneak the car in for another run after they put the barriers up to stop any additional competitors.

I took off a little harder and had a clean run with minimal sideways action ... 11.1@124MPH 1.76 60' . Full street trim on the 19" Maxis tyres @ 40psi.

I have to try again with some Shell 100 and try and sneak in a 10s pass.
Old 31-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #53
RACINGdork
bf xr6t + 351 xe esp weee

WOWSERRRRRRSSSSS

the old maxxis are doin a great job!
RACINGdork is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #54
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done mate awsome numbers there on street rubber.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #55
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

That's what I call a real fast everyday work car.

Well done mate, hope to see you again at WSID.
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2008, 11:08 PM   #56
old_mate
Smash the Boost

thats fairly moving mate well done

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #57
JP300+

Thanks guys ... It was more fun than running the 3 x 10s passes that the car has achieved in the past.

I was waiting for it break traction and go sideways but it stayed straight with a very slight drift to the left.

All credit has to go to Jim and the boys at Tunehouse. Thanks guys. They really know how to setup a quick street car.

Maybe I should be sponsored by Maxis tyres eh?
Old 01-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #58
EXR8ED
HO INTERCEPTOR

Quote:
Thanks guys ... It was more fun than running the 3 x 10s passes that the car has achieved in the past.

I was waiting for it break traction and go sideways but it stayed straight with a very slight drift to the left.

All credit has to go to Jim and the boys at Tunehouse. Thanks guys. They really know how to setup a quick street car.

Maybe I should be sponsored by Maxis tyres eh?

Gotta love the MAXXIS Z1's, they grip like wet **** to a blanket as long as you don't get em to hot.

Cheers
Glenn
Body and Visual by HO
My Business GutterGuardGuyAluminium Guttermesh Supply & Installation.
OrsmFordCruisers
R.I.P Wayne Draper
EXR8ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #59
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just out of curiosity, are you running with only quarter of a tank or less?

Are you running a swirl pot or similar too?

Just wondering if its a supply issue or just not enough fuel in the tank, another 20 litres of petrol would only weigh 14.5 odd kilo's, surely that wouldnt rob any time.

Then again, with the price of fuel these days..

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2008, 12:02 AM   #60
JP300+

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXR8ED
Gotta love the MAXXIS Z1's, they grip like wet **** to a blanket as long as you don't get em to hot.

Cheers
Glenn
I smoked em up hard out of the water up to the line!! ... Still managed a 1.7 sec 60 footer!!