Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #31
Cookie-XR8
SKID IT

fine just pick on the turbo drivers i dont care

BF XR6T Ute - 422rwhp tuned by FPT Toowoomba

Where the boost junkies hang out -Forced Ford Forums
Cookie-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #32
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I like the unique look of AU XRs.

It really hit me a few years ago in V8 Supercars during the transition stage from AU to BA body shape. I was watching Sandown on tv and the top teams had changed to BA's but there were a bunch of AU's (and earlier model Commies) spread out in the field.

Whether it was a BA or a VY(?) was obvious in the well-known teams because of the colours. For me it was a bit confusing to pick the difference between BA's and VY's in the lesser known teams as they thundered off the start line.
In my defence, it was largely the colour schemes that confused the issue, but the point remains valid.

There was no mistaking an AU for anything other than an AU.

I liked the look of them so much I bought the company... well, at least a front bar to go on my ghia...
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #33
UU TS50
T3 TS50 075

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFXRScott
Just wondering, what time would a stock 220 do????
mine ran a 13.93 last week with a pod filter n a cat back exhaust
like to see a B series 6 do that with those mods

My car T3 TS50 #75 Blueprint manual 1/4 mile 13.38 @ 102.97 mph TS 50 = 237.1 rwkw
UU TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #34
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by au302s3
mine ran a 13.93 last week with a pod filter n a cat back exhaust
like to see a B series 6 do that with those mods
I second that, long time ago mine with home mod-ed air box and cat back twin exhaust ran a few 13.9 quarters

Now a regular 13.7 runner.

Please Lord bless me with a 13.69 time slip.

Last edited by CRAIGAU3220; 24-04-2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: The Lord bit !
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 11:53 PM   #35
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Got a 175kw fairmont here running 14.9's- bring on the 184kw BA 6's i say!-Munch Munch N/A BA6's for lunch! and stock 200kw AU utes! whats a BA XR8 ute run stock??? (chuck em on the list too)-Ha Ha!

Edit-"lets not forget thats with slushy 4 speed auto and 3.23 single spinner, 220K's on the clock"