Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-07-2022, 12:32 PM   #31
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: ACT to ban all new ICE car sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Scratch that.....https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-...ble%20sources.

So its all about buying carbon credits. Funny how you can buy how "green" you want to be.
That article is from 2019, much has changed with the % renewable energy going into the grid.
I still get your point but it is a sign that people are encouraging more use of wind and solar
wherever possible. By all means keep coal and gas as long as needed to make the switch
as cost effective as possible.

Australia is supposed to be both the smart and lucky country, we should play to our strengths
and embrace the future with all the innovative skill we have and not let others dictate terms.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-07-2022, 12:51 PM   #32
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Falcons and Commodores are actually disappearing faster than most think,
maybe a little more popular in places like Sydney and Melbourne but definitely
sightings are on the slide downwards….
You're kidding right.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2022, 01:06 PM   #33
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
That article is from 2019, much has changed with the % renewable energy going into the grid.
I still get your point but it is a sign that people are encouraging more use of wind and solar
wherever possible. By all means keep coal and gas as long as needed to make the switch
as cost effective as possible.

Australia is supposed to be both the smart and lucky country, we should play to our strengths
and embrace the future with all the innovative skill we have and not let others dictate terms.
Maybe so but believe it or not, carbon credits don't make carbon go away. Their power still comes from interstate.
We have a town here Yackandandah that is claiming carbon neutral statue, yet everyday while working there, I see hundreds of people driving cars, leave to go to work in Wodonga, trucks delivering to the supermarket, trades working all over the town, cows farting in the fields and rubbish accumulating on the streets. Carbon neutral ????
I don't think i need to be preached to about the benefits of doing my bit and green technology, given my lifestyle but still wouldn't claim to be carbon neutral like this paper shuffling BS.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2022, 06:04 PM   #34
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Leftist governments like in SA and VIC have made the electricity supply less reliable and more expensive. What would occur if we ALL had to drive electric vehicles? The grid would collapse!

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2022, 11:52 AM   #35
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Leftist governments like in SA and VIC have made the electricity supply less reliable and more expensive. What would occur if we ALL had to drive electric vehicles? The grid would collapse!
Shhhh. You're not supposed to mention that out loud.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2022, 09:56 PM   #36
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Shhhh. You're not supposed to mention that out loud.
You guys think you're woke, should cop a lungful of the ACT government where the Greens actually have the balance of power.

I hear all the time that self government was the worse thing to happen around here

This is why we get served up this **** and think we live in Utopia and can afford it. The Canberra bubble as they say
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: