Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #31
blk6t

Default Re: Lack of oil and volt guages in dash clusters

I like it, the more info the better. Especially on sportier models or models where the owner may take their car to the track.

Doesn't hurt and if people ignore it, so be it but I often glance at the gauges in my SSV and GT.

I occasionally like having the Engineering mode run on my SSV which shows even more info like trans temp, throttle position etc. Just wish I could access that in the standard menu.

Has anyone been able to re-program the screens to get this info easier?
Old 28-04-2016, 07:40 AM   #32
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240 View Post
I thought the GT was having oil pressure issues .. Till I realised it was temp gauge !
I'm so glad to learn, after almost 4 years, I'm not the only one who thought that!

The Mustang by the way doesn't have an oil pressure gauge but you can scroll through a lot of engine parameters in the centre display between the main gauges. Not sure about voltmeter - haven't had enough time to play with all the features yet.

It even has a cigarette lighter! (Not that I smoke!)
Old 28-04-2016, 10:03 AM   #33
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

I think the Voltmeter in Cars is an evolution of an Amp Gauge. With an Amp gauge you can see if you are charging or discharging, but you need thick copper wire to connect it. Cost, and if anything happens to it, a fair risk of a fire. A Volt meter is then a safer / cheaper option. From the Voltage shown, you can see if you are charging or not. Given the PS pump being over the Alternator, most Falcon driver need advance warning. They may not fail solidly immediately, but if the Volts drop you wont want to wait to fix it.
BFGasUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2016, 07:40 AM   #34
LTDHO
The one and only

Cars, like most things today are designed for idiots. 99% drivers do not know or care. They turn key, turn wheel and press peddle. Simple.

I know of a person who though the oil gauge was in liters. When it was low, he did an oil change and it went back up to 5. I can see his logic.

Idiot lights are called that for a reason. I notice that the Mazda 2 (like other cars probably) that have not temp gauge. Just a light for hot and a light for cold (no light means OK)
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post