Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #31
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

What a great thread. Keep 'em comin lol.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #32
fos408

Default could have

Got talked out of a mint ho ,orange ,sunroof ,globes for $13,000 in the mid 80's then a mate and I decided in our wisdom in 95 to not buy a r code 428 mach 1 mustang, mechanics refreshed and body done in undercoat but decided it was to much trouble to reassemble it $10,000. Also bought my current xr fairmont in 97 instead of an hk gts 327 , silver wanted $10,000
fos408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #33
66FAIRLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About 1987 ish, workin in Tassie for a year considered an XY GT. On inspection of numbers it turned out to be an original XW GT with XY bits on it. It was around $10K. Faaark.

About 1999 could have had a 1939 Lincoln Zephyr 3WC for $12k. Had nowhere to keep it. Faaaark!!!
66FAIRLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #34
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I sold my HK Monaro as a wreck (only front panel damage) for a sum that wouldn't even buy a few hours with a hooker these days.

This is the HK Monaro I sold :(

trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #35
JG33Y113
XA&XB&XC

About a decade ago found a Cobra No 123 in Vic (302 auto) , was family owned from new. It was getting restored.... came with NOS spoilers and retrimmed seats in NOS material, also a bull nose toploader and 351 Nascar block (along with the original 302/auto). Body was immaculate and just needed mechanical work and re-assebly. At 10K I thought it was a little too much work and walked away.
A couple of years later I chased him up only to find out the car was sold to a Yank a few months prior to my epiphany!
JG33Y113 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #36
ROLLI
KEEPUP

My first car was a Mazda 1000 ute with a tray and 1.5lt and 5 speed. I end up blowing the motor up and sold it for 800. Now going for bout 6-8k and cant even find it now hasnt been registered since i sold it. It had round headlights as well not square like most of them.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #37
ams77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG33Y113
About a decade ago found a Cobra No 123 in Vic (302 auto) , was family owned from new.
was this car in the Eltham area of Melb. Sounds like the one I passed on.
ams77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #38
GT-E

I sold my R/T E37 Bathurst charger. Was bought by me for $3k in '91 as a ex racecar. The owner had it from new and had kept the entire interior in a dry safe place and all I needed to buy was new carpet. Put it back on the road and sold it 6 weeks later for $9.5k to the first caller who worked for the trading post and called e the day before it was printed. He came the next day and tried to bargain me down on price, but I had 40 calls from 6am. He paid the price and I saw it sold a couple of years ago for $120,000.
Still miss the sound of tripple webbers at full song.

I missed out on a XB GT white on black with all the bits. Guy's exwife nearly sold it to me for $1.5k in 1992 as it has a flat battery and flat tyres and she wanted it gone. I think someone told her it was woth a lot more and decided to not sell it.