Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-09-2005, 12:06 AM   #31
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

It was pretty cool, the heart beat was the first thing I spotted. I've never seen them measure it by ultrasound before though, not even when I was working as a nurse.

I think the sonographer was as disappointed as we were that the printer wasn't working, next time he said bring in a blank video tape and we'll also get lots and lots of pics.

It really hit's home when you see that there really is another little being growing in there, apparently it makes your legs turn to jelly too so you need to sit on the floor all of a sudden. :nutsycuck
Old 21-09-2005, 12:11 AM   #32
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinmyEB
Apparently it makes your legs turn to jelly too so you need to sit on the floor all of a sudden. :nutsycuck
Yes I heard that too : : : (onya Troy lol)

So what are you's hoping for? Boy? Girl? or no matter?
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 12:16 AM   #33
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
Yes I heard that too : : : (onya Troy lol)

So what are you's hoping for? Boy? Girl? or no matter?
Hahaha, yeah yeah, laugh it up people :P It was one of those moments where I just found myself totally blown away, I mean, seeing our baby for the very first time...

Boy or Girl, doesn't matter to me, either way I'll be more then happy, all I ask is that it's healthy, simple as that
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 08:08 AM   #34
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
It really hit's home when you see that there really is another little being growing in there, apparently it makes your legs turn to jelly too so you need to sit on the floor all of a sudden. :nutsycuck
Oh Troy had to sit down? That is sooooooooo sweet! :hihi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 08:47 AM   #35
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

this is my third little girl , still get tears and sookie when ya see these pics , my wife was flown to liverpool hospital 8 weeks premi 2 weeks ago and they managed to put it off for a bit longer . although there is 11 yrs between our youngest and we didn't plan on our new arrival , as you seem , we are stoked

make sure you nurture every minute madestman

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 09:35 AM   #36
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Congrats to you both! The first ultrasound is one of the most amazing experiences you'll ever have. Blows you away don't it....Do yourself a favour, go to every ultrasound and learn to change nappies, then you can have as many "father and son/daughter" days as possible. I cherish every moment with my son .
PS. He loves the sound and feel of the V8 and giggles like a loon everytime I give it a boot. Training him early....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 11:56 AM   #37
Yummy Mummy

Congratulations guys. Fantastic news. Good luck with everything, wishing you all the best.
Yummy Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 12:22 PM   #38
gozza

good on ya
u'll need a specialsied baby bucket seat with racing harnesses
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #39
niko
likes falcon's

i was 99% sure it was gonna be. Gas system hehe

congrats. now just dont forget this mod is to reduce performance ;)
Old 21-09-2005, 01:23 PM   #40
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
Oh Troy had to sit down? That is sooooooooo sweet! :hihi:
Hehehe, yeah yeah yeah, laugh it up. :P I guess I was a little overwhelmed by seeing the little bubba, and seeing it's little heart that didn't even exist a matter of weeks ago beating away nice and strong. And knowing that it's not my niece, nephew, or anything like that, I was looking at someone who is a direct descendant of me, that wouldn't exist if it wasn't for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEV EB XR8
this is my third little girl , still get tears and sookie when ya see these pics , my wife was flown to liverpool hospital 8 weeks premi 2 weeks ago and they managed to put it off for a bit longer . although there is 11 yrs between our youngest and we didn't plan on our new arrival , as you seem , we are stoked
make sure you nurture every minute madestman
You got that right, I'm definitely stoked about it mate, and believe me, every moment is and will be special, even when I'm changing a crappy nappy, or being woken up after only getting 5 minutes sleep by a crying baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
Congrats to you both! The first ultrasound is one of the most amazing experiences you'll ever have. Blows you away don't it....Do yourself a favour, go to every ultrasound and learn to change nappies, then you can have as many "father and son/daughter" days as possible. I cherish every moment with my son .
PS. He loves the sound and feel of the V8 and giggles like a loon everytime I give it a boot. Training him early....
Believe me mate, I'll be at every ultrasound, even if I have to walk there over burning coals and broken glass in bare feet! It's just such an amazing experience. Absolutely blows you away. I can already change nappies, done it many times already, used to change my cousins nappies many years ago when she was a baby, also my mum used to look after little kids while their parents went to work, so I used to help out by changing nappies, feeding them, etc. But I can imagine it will be very different changing the nappy on our own child.

Good job on training him early, I think growing up with us, there is no chance they won't grow up to love cars - I know my niece is already a big fan of cars, as soon as she goes out the front, she runs to the car and says "broom broom!" while trying to open the door to get in, because she wants to go for a drive! And if given half a chance, here is where she'll sit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
good on ya
u'll need a specialsied baby bucket seat with racing harnesses
Hahaha, only in the EB, the XF is way too slow for that to be needed, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i was 99% sure it was gonna be. Gas system hehe

congrats. now just dont forget this mod is to reduce performance ;)
Hahaha, nah, petrol still, for now, but I can see how people would look at the title and think "another LPG conversion thread" :hihi:

Reduce performance? Noooooooo! The XF doesn't have any to lose! :hihi: :

Thanks everyone for your responses, we appreciate the kind words
Old 21-09-2005, 03:54 PM   #41
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wowwwww guys ...... how did I miss this thread ;0

Congrats Nikki & Troy ......

Theres no way Im going down that path again ...... so I can sympathise with you Nikki ...........

Mmmmmmmmmmmm how long ago did you get that parcel from me Nikki ????? heheheheheheehe
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 04:21 PM   #42
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature

Theres no way Im going down that path again ...... so I can sympathise with you Nikki ...........

Mmmmmmmmmmmm how long ago did you get that parcel from me Nikki ????? heheheheheheehe
yesssssssssss another sea eagles supporter

im so exited

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 07:03 PM   #43
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahahahahah Kev ... and were both in the Central West :P
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 11:14 PM   #44
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature

LOL!
It's been a little cold to be wearing what I bought. :P
Old 21-09-2005, 11:28 PM   #45
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
LOL!
It's been a little cold to be wearing what I bought. :P
Damn cold weather, LOL!
Old 21-09-2005, 11:30 PM   #46
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

PICS?

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 11:48 PM   #47
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 'un
PICS?
*slaps Young 'un repeatedly* :P

I would have pictures of the baby to put up if the ultrasound machines printer had been working :P
Old 21-09-2005, 11:51 PM   #48
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

I was talking about the baby Troy... hmmm.

Oh well...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2005, 11:53 PM   #49
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
Damn cold weather, LOL!
The cold isn't all bad, I mean you're having a baby aren't ya?:P
Old 21-09-2005, 11:57 PM   #50
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 'un
I was talking about the baby Troy... hmmm.

Oh well...
I know mate, I was just having a bit of fun , I wish I had pics from the ultrasound to show everyone, next time we're taking a videotape so we can record it, and I'll digitise that video and put it on DVD as well as taking still shots from the video too so I can show everyone
Old 23-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #51
XRchic
Hello

Hey congratulations guys! Thats awesome news and also something really positive for you guys to focus on! Well done!

I think this pregnancy thing must be catching too, seems everyone is up the duff lately... what have the fellas been eating??!!!

I hope youre feeling better soon Nikki, morning sickness usually passes by about 12 weeks or so.

Im just over 11 weeks now, and home from work because I had my first appointment today. And it was no small drama getting there - it took me nearly 2 weeks to find an obstetrician who was a) available in April and b) delivered at my choice of hospital! Eventually found one, which is a relief! Im due April 13th (Easter!). I also get to go to the Clipsal 500 in March at 37 weeks!!! We have booked Gold passes again, so nothing is going to stop me going!

But so far have not had morning sickness and havent been tired at all (despite working full time and a half and with two ferals I already have) which is good, but the blood pressure is up to 145/90 already. Hmmmm. Doc is also worried because I usually have big babies (4.5kg ish).

Well, Nikki, I guess youre looking forward to your first appointment soon too, and youre lucky to have had a scan already! I dont get my first scan until 6th October!

And yes, definitely take the video tape! I did that with my last one. Most obstetricians have an ultrasound in their rooms, so you should be able to go back and get it on tape at your next appointment! If youre lucky he or she might even have a 3D ultrasound!

We started the Ford car seat thread and we have found out that the Ford car seats might be coming out early in 2006. We asked at the Ford Discovery Centre when we were there, and they told us they are bringing it back! Will let you know if I hear more!

Again, congrats Nikki and Troy!!!! Keep us updated!

Jac and Eamon

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 05:27 PM   #52
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Thanks Jac.

I thought the second time around would be easier, Oh how wrong I was!! :

Today I've been feeling great, I read an article about cutting out foods that you don't usually eat much of, so I didn't have any yesterday and it seems to have worked so far... so far. :yeees:

I don't know what the guys are eating but if I find out I'll be making sure there isn't any in the house after May!

I always have ultrasounds at 8 weeks because twins are rampant in my family so they always check, only one baby was seen though. *phew*

My blood pressure has been great so far, last time I was like you and as soon as I hit 130/90 I was in hospital with pre eclampsia resting (twice), so make sure you get plenty of rest and don't get too stressed.

I was lucky with my OB/GYN, he's my Doctor, we're doing shared care with the hospital but my Doc will be delivering, first visit to the hospital next Thursday and Midwife the week after.

I've heard about the 3D ultrasounds but from what I've read they only use them if they think there is a problem, I'll ask my Doc for more info on them though. ;)

Ford baby car seats.. Woo Hoo!
I think I may just wait for a while now instead of looking for a normal one. :hihi:

The only thing my Doc said to watch was my blood sugar levels (thank god I don't have to drink that glucose again!), because at some stage I'll have to start using insulin, hopefully that will be a lot further down the track though.

I'm sure if I'm not well enough to post, The Maddestman will keep everyone updated.
Old 23-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #53
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
I'm sure if I'm not well enough to post, The Maddestman will keep everyone updated.
Damn straight I would! I am one very proud daddy-to-be.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly and you'll be able to give everyone progress reports right up until the big day...
Old 23-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #54
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Thanks Jac.

I thought the second time around would be easier, Oh how wrong I was!! :

Today I've been feeling great, I read an article about cutting out foods that you don't usually eat much of, so I didn't have any yesterday and it seems to have worked so far... so far. :yeees:

I don't know what the guys are eating but if I find out I'll be making sure there isn't any in the house after May!

I always have ultrasounds at 8 weeks because twins are rampant in my family so they always check, only one baby was seen though. *phew*

My blood pressure has been great so far, last time I was like you and as soon as I hit 130/90 I was in hospital with pre eclampsia resting (twice), so make sure you get plenty of rest and don't get too stressed.

I was lucky with my OB/GYN, he's my Doctor, we're doing shared care with the hospital but my Doc will be delivering, first visit to the hospital next Thursday and Midwife the week after.

I've heard about the 3D ultrasounds but from what I've read they only use them if they think there is a problem, I'll ask my Doc for more info on them though. ;)

Ford baby car seats.. Woo Hoo!
I think I may just wait for a while now instead of looking for a normal one. :hihi:

The only thing my Doc said to watch was my blood sugar levels (thank god I don't have to drink that glucose again!), because at some stage I'll have to start using insulin, hopefully that will be a lot further down the track though.

I will let you know as soon as I hear anything about the Ford baby car seats!

Actually, mine have gotten easier each time! With my first I had really bad pre-eclampsia and ended up being admitted at 34 weeks and was induced at 38 weeks because it was so bad (220/150). The second time with Cam was much easier, although he was a much bigger kid but I didnt have the blood pressure and proteinuria and oedema.

I was absolutely stuffed for the first month with my first two, but this time I feel really good. When I had the first two, I was much younger, I only had one (or no) kids and I was just stuyding - not working. Now Im working massively, and have the two kids and a range of other things and Im heaps older and actually feel ok! Bizarre. Still I had better not speak too soon!

As for stress, well with my work it is unavoidable at the moment, so I cant wait til 36 weeks when I stop!!! Work is a nightmare currently but it pays the mortgage! Im going for an interview for a better job on Monday arvo, so if I get that, things might improve a bit!

Hmmm re twins, we thought that too since I had fertility treatment a while back (I went through a stimulated cycle to donate eggs to my aunt who was doing IVF). But all clear on that too, like you!

3D ultrasounds are quite common here, a lot of the obstetricians have them in their rooms these days. I think they cost more though, so you have a bigger gap to pay - I dont think private health insurance covers all of the 3D ones. If can get one, I will pay for it, I cant wait!

Ouch the glucose tolerance test... I have mine in a week or so... I remember that from last time! YUK, even for a non diabetic!

I hope all goes well Nikki and that you get through everything ok - you deserve some luck and Eamon and I are really pleased for you and Troy - Troy seems heaps excited and thats really good! Im sure he will be an excellent Dad!

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post