Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-12-2022, 11:06 AM   #1
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Purchased a Puma

My brother and sister are Gen Z and neither of them are interested in the car. When you're buying your first car, myself included, you usually look at something used in the 5 year old range.

Sister bought a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee for under $20k very nice car, only thing I could really fault it was the infotainment system outdated and expected on a car like this, quite thirsty but she drives very short trips so not an issue really.
My brother is currently looking and has looked at a few BA Falcons as well as Honda Civic.

The Ford Puma starts at $36k (my postcode in VIC price checked 29/12/22) which is out of the price range of majority of Gen Z and I wouldn't even consider ever paying that much for my first car, maybe second car.

I'm not saying it's a bad car, driven it myself, but this is definitely not targeted at Gen Z, maybe Gen Y?
I will say it's nicer than a Mazda CX-3 and that's a good thing since that's its competition(?).
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2023, 12:41 AM   #2
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
My brother and sister are Gen Z and neither of them are interested in the car. When you're buying your first car, myself included, you usually look at something used in the 5 year old range.

Sister bought a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee for under $20k very nice car, only thing I could really fault it was the infotainment system outdated and expected on a car like this, quite thirsty but she drives very short trips so not an issue really.
My brother is currently looking and has looked at a few BA Falcons as well as Honda Civic.

The Ford Puma starts at $36k (my postcode in VIC price checked 29/12/22) which is out of the price range of majority of Gen Z and I wouldn't even consider ever paying that much for my first car, maybe second car.

I'm not saying it's a bad car, driven it myself, but this is definitely not targeted at Gen Z, maybe Gen Y?
I will say it's nicer than a Mazda CX-3 and that's a good thing since that's its competition(?).

You need to move to a better post code. Every millennial here drives a decked out 79 series.
I’m not sure where the money comes from. Plenty of p platers driving them as their first car.
Times have changed.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2023, 11:25 AM   #3
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We are finding they are selling to people in professional jobs in a lot of instances.
Old 11-01-2023, 08:22 AM   #4
Rob 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep same where I’m located Top Ghia. Every young person’s dream car now is a 79 Cruiser..10 years ago it was an SS Commodore or XR8 but how times have changed!
I don’t get it but I’m not the younger generation either…
Old 11-01-2023, 10:56 AM   #5
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My 70 kw Skoda used to drag off 79 series at the lights.
And my 92 kw Puma drags off 79 series and LC 200.
Keen to see how it goes against the new LC300.

The attraction of the 79 series is it toughness transfers to the driver and makes the drivers penis bigger.

Sadly I d love to see the accident stats for 4wd s say b hatchbacks.

Apparently if a male drives a hatchback or a small suv they are considered weak and have to be tailgated by 4 wheel drives.

Not from me. It was an opinion piece on Gold Coast bulletin last Saturday on tailgating.
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: