Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-11-2023, 09:28 PM   #1
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Default HELP! Opinions needed. Wife gone mad.

HELP:

So today I was driving our 2,000 klm. 2023 GT Mustang and all hell broke loose with my wife.

Make sure you read the last sentence.

We were heading to see her parents.

Medium traffic.
Sunny dry conditions.
Perfect day for some fun on the way.
Weather TICK!

After a lifetime of fast motorcycles, fast street driving, very fast circuit racing, rally driving and the occasional illegal street drags I still can’t resist a good challenge.

Even at my age of 71, I still have very sharp reflexes. So driver alert. TICK.

Mustang was NOT in drag mode. Just street mode. So very safe. Full traction control on etc. Pedestrians perfectly safe. TICK!

Modern surface, nice wide lanes. TICK.

So 4 TICKS:
Conditions
Driver
Car
Surface

All good.

Pulled up at a red light. Beside a Dodge RAM HEMI with a C8 Corvette behind him. All strangers. Now you guys know what I’m thinking right?

If you don’t know you shouldn’t be in a car forum.

Beat the RAM at this red and take on the C8 at the next red.

Beside the beautiful exhaust note, the 10A GT has an incredible Hole-shot - and so far it’s undefeated.

Even 1000cc sports bikes don’t stand a chance. Got one? I’m up for it. Superbike rider Zac Simpson can attest to the GT 10A hole-shot. Ask him.

Anyhow the light goes green, I plant it.

Well actually left foot brake, revs up to 1200 rpm. AND the instant the light goes green I release the brake and plant the foot simultaneously.

The launch is spectacular as it always seems to be when I use that method.

Now remember, the road was three lanes wide and I was in the middle lane.

All good. Perfect.

Except for one thing.

About a minute earlier a young man pulled up on his Japanese motorcycle. Loud. Beefy. Dirt x Road bike.

Screams to a halt. Three meters past the White STOP line. Pulled up just before the third line - the outer Pedestrian Crossing line.

It wasn’t the P plate that gave away his lack of experience.

It was the fact that AS WELL AS missing the STOP line he also missed pulling up in the correct place in his lane.

He was right on the edge of his lane with only a few inches to spare from his handle bars protruding onto the 125mm white line that marked my actual lane. All while he had a whole lane to himself.

So possibly trying to intimidate me?

Or asking for a race. Or trouble.

He got both.

The hole-shot was a ripper. I stayed in my lane and actually moved at least a meter to the right to give him heaps of space (because I suspected his plan was to win a hole-shot and then move into my lane but also in case he lost it).

Today the GT passed him before the bike moved. Reflexes? Yeah. I still got ‘em.

Was I wrong?

Because now my wife wants a divorce after 20 years. She thought it was unnecessary. Really spat it. In front of her Mum and Dad (who has cancer galore and not long to go) and have never seen such behaviour before. EVER. She really shocked the family. And me. Could say more but won’t now.

Last sentence coming up:

She is 53 years old.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: