Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-01-2006, 12:10 AM   #31
Steve_T

LOL, the time it took me to read that thread and already a bunch of new posts that beat me to it.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 12:13 AM   #32
Steve_T

Oh wait - just saw the time stamps - seems it's just that I didn't see page 2 before - LOL - /me is d!@khead.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 12:20 AM   #33
ford2dmax
blue oval

Default dash light

no it does not have the srnsor fitted to the unit just the dash light
ford2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #34
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

So does this mean that all IC have the light globe for the low level but not wired up? If so, I wonder if i could wire it up with a sensor to my washer fluid level?

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 12:59 PM   #35
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
So does this mean that all IC have the light globe for the low level but not wired up? If so, I wonder if i could wire it up with a sensor to my washer fluid level?

one of the most annoying beeps ever!

its funny how it beeps more constantly and annoyingly when your getting low on washer fluid than it does for fuel level.......
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 01:28 PM   #36
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Beeps? I don't get any beeps for low washer level? Am I meant to or is this a luxury feature?

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #37
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Neither to do. I just get a light on the dash.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 11:43 PM   #38
Davo3460

au1 only got them in futura and above
Davo3460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 04:02 AM   #39
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Someone called?

Yeap the coolant sensor was another "delete item" from AUII onwards for Forte/Futura/XR6 HP & VCT considering they already had failsafe cooling. As pointed out earlier the reliablity of the sensors and replacement prices as well as the price of adding these parts from factory were "warrantable justification" for a "delete item".

The AUI Forte styling pretty much spelt the end for all the goodies the descending series should've received. Also we can thank the AUI XR6 VCT for penny pinching the funds to goodies that the Late Edition AUII & the AUIII XR6 (HP and VCT) should've had standard. The budget was eventually blown in a grand finale with the T3 anyway. My theory. out:
Old 18-02-2006, 05:43 AM   #40
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Someone called?

Yeap the coolant sensor was another "delete item" from AUII onwards for Forte/Futura/XR6 HP & VCT considering they already had failsafe cooling. As pointed out earlier the reliablity of the sensors and replacement prices as well as the price of adding these parts from factory were "warrantable justification" for a "delete item".

The AUI Forte styling pretty much spelt the end for all the goodies the descending series should've received. Also we can thank the AUI XR6 VCT for penny pinching the funds to goodies that the Late Edition AUII & the AUIII XR6 (HP and VCT) should've had standard. The budget was eventually blown in a grand finale with the T3 anyway. My theory. out:
: Someone still sounds grumpy over the fact they have warning lights pretending to be guages (oil, heat) whereas the AU1 doesnt.

Hey, the AU2/3 got the pretty bodykits and dash, its only faie that the AU1 was at least the most functional and pure AU of the lot. Now, if you dont mind, I'll get back to cleaning my "low coolent" signal wires and watching my oil pressure guage actually tell my what my real oil pressure is :hihi:

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #41
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Good idea clean you car Casper, it's filthy! Shame shame shame!!!