Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Closed Thread

Old 20-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #31
motomk

I don't even drive a **** , but there is suspicion on both sides of the fence which I find disappointing. I do know the drivers of both Yellow cars. It is my understanding that one has been tuned and one has not. The one running on Friday night was not the one with a tune in it.
Do I like these Typhoon things? Well they are a bit tempting, I believe one of the mods on LS1 is picking one up in the near future!(Not me, by the way, well not yet anyway!)

motomk
Old 20-02-2006, 12:51 PM   #32
kooky
WRX terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
I was the guy in the yellow vest running around with 2 cameras.
YOu didnt hapen to get any pics of the green RX-3 did you?
Old 20-02-2006, 01:15 PM   #33
JG3282
Awake after dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomk
I don't even drive a **** , but there is suspicion on both sides of the fence which I find disappointing. I do know the drivers of both Yellow cars. It is my understanding that one has been tuned and one has not. The one running on Friday night was not the one with a tune in it.
Do I like these Typhoon things? Well they are a bit tempting, I believe one of the mods on LS1 is picking one up in the near future!(Not me, by the way, well not yet anyway!)

motomk
2 yellow Typhoon's:

One weighing approx 300 pounds more than the other. Both cars run 13.3, one (the heavier car) at 105 mph, the lighter car at 109... If you know anything about Drag Racing you will know that to run the same ET in a heavier car, you need more power, so therefore the lighter car should be running less mph, not more as is the case.

Anyway we will never ever know, and we will only continue to have the same old discussions as we have had in years gone by.

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
Old 20-02-2006, 01:21 PM   #34
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomk

motomk
Go on Nick you know you want to, that would look good a LS1 Moderator driving a Ford, it would make a good talking point on your forum..
Ring Sathis at Strapp Ford, I am sure he could muster up a couple of 100 for that LS1 of yours....
ps: get a Rapid one :

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 20-02-2006, 10:08 PM   #35
rodderz

I know the bloke with the yellow typhoon also that ran the 13.1 last friday, and can say that there is no BS behind him, nothing to lie about

A manual BA tyhpoon ran a 13.2 completely stock last year, so a 6 speed auto with more ratio's should beat that on a good run. I agree about the unusual mph, but what else can you do when you run a few low 13's and the machine spits out the ticket with the info on it
Old 20-02-2006, 10:34 PM   #36
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

I wonder what a BFGT 6 speed auto will run.Has there been one raced at Calder?
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 20-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #37
JG3282
Awake after dark

Alex: I did a best 60 ft of 1.97, best ET 14.000, best mph of 105 (with a passenger) in a BF GT 6 spd auto in 983 air at Heathcote

Rodderz: two identical cars on the same track on the same day, one with an edit runs 106 mph, the other without an edit does 109 mph... would you not ask questions if you didn't know any better? Anyone who genuinely knows anything about drag racing knows that you can run quicker ET's with less power but you MUST have MORE power to run a bigger MPH, that is a 100% fact!

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
Old 20-02-2006, 10:58 PM   #38
rodderz

True and I get what you're saying, but the timeslips dont lie, and there were several runs at low 13's

109mph is a lot for a standard typhoon i agree, i would think 103-105 would be closer, but the guys that saw it vouched for it
Old 20-02-2006, 11:51 PM   #39
JG3282
Awake after dark

ET counts for mothing.... I don't even look at ET, it is pointless

Two cars: Same weight, same transmission, same diff gears, Consistent 3 mph difference = 1 car has more power

The driver of car 1 openly stated that his car was edited and had somewhere between 260-270 rw kw. MPH = 106.7

The driver of car 2 claimed his car was 100% factory stock other than an air filter and had roughly 233 rw kw. MPH = 109+

Add in a third car which weighed clearly 300 pounds more than car 2, but ran the same ET at 4 less MPH.

Clearly, it takes more power to shift a heavier car down the same track in the same amount of time. Blind Freddie can work that one out.

Even allowing for changes in air density all laws of logic and science dictate that car 2 does not make sense...

Last edited by JG3282; 21-02-2006 at 12:00 AM.
Old 20-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #40
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe a Timing System anomilie?
Old 20-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #41
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Sorry we all race for a ET, the ET gets you the prize.....ET is king :

Old 21-02-2006, 12:02 AM   #42
JG3282
Awake after dark

MPH determines how much power you have and when a "stock" car runs more mph than a modified one, questions MUST be asked, for the sake of the credibility of the two owners

Old 21-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #43
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Boring

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 21-02-2006, 12:10 AM   #44
JG3282
Awake after dark

Look at it this way Spoolman, if [sorry forgot his name] can honestly say his car ran 109 mph totally stock then I should be allowed to post in the timeslip database the 10.58/130 I ran in my straight gas 4.1 crossflow powered XE Fairmont Ghia... :

Old 21-02-2006, 12:14 AM   #45
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3282
Look at it this way Spoolman, if [sorry forgot his name] can honestly say his car ran 109 mph totally stock then I should be allowed to post in the timeslip database the 10.58/130 I ran in my straight gas 4.1 crossflow powered XE Fairmont Ghia... :

: : did it really ,Your a gun on the shifts then : :

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 21-02-2006, 12:24 AM   #46
SpoolMan

Turbo cars get very hot, doing 8 to 10 passes in a row inside an hour is not ideal for power a lot worse for the turbo.
Would have been good to see you run when the sun went down in the better air.
Is this the 1st time you raced a turbo? I found it completely different.
Sun goes down the weather cools there a different car, will be nice to see these F6's go in the 6 deg June winter weather watch the ET’s tumble.
Best example to use, when the sun was out Chris's Ute was ruining approx 119 mph, his best pass when the sun went down was 122 mph, conditions change, gets cooler, head wind drops away, air is completely different.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 21-02-2006 at 12:33 AM.
Old 21-02-2006, 01:50 AM   #47
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3282

Rodderz: two identical cars on the same track on the same day, one with an edit runs 106 mph, the other without an edit does 109 mph... would you not ask questions if you didn't know any better? Anyone who genuinely knows anything about drag racing knows that you can run quicker ET's with less power but you MUST have MORE power to run a bigger MPH, that is a 100% fact!
Maybe it was a crap tune. Think about that. Plus for all your history in drag racing you didn't do to well with the phoon.
If i had a phoon that ran 106mph edited i would be changing tuner.

The car ran 3 runs @ 108-109mph. Must of been one hell of a glitch.
Old 21-02-2006, 08:54 AM   #48
302donk

horsepower = mph if you dont know that you shouldn't be drag racing and its not a ET that gets you the prize its the hole thing recation car set up and mph witch then turns into good ets some people?? iam with you JG3282
www.myspace.com/2v_clevo_donk
Old 21-02-2006, 09:40 AM   #49
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

I tuned the typhoon.
Old 21-02-2006, 09:43 AM   #50
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Turbo cars get very hot, doing 8 to 10 passes in a row inside an hour is not ideal for power a lot worse for the turbo.
Would have been good to see you run when the sun went down in the better air.
Is this the 1st time you raced a turbo? I found it completely different.
Sun goes down the weather cools there a different car, will be nice to see these F6's go in the 6 deg June winter weather watch the ET’s tumble.
Best example to use, when the sun was out Chris's Ute was ruining approx 119 mph, his best pass when the sun went down was 122 mph, conditions change, gets cooler, head wind drops away, air is completely different.
119.8 early on, 122.5 later, spoolman your on the money.
Old 21-02-2006, 09:45 AM   #51
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
Maybe it was a crap tune. Think about that. Plus for all your history in drag racing you didn't do to well with the phoon.

The car ran 3 runs @ 108-109mph. Must of been one hell of a glitch.
This typhoon that we tuned (the one that you would change tuners over) ran a 13.7 with a 2.4 60ft.

What was your 60 ft?
Old 21-02-2006, 10:19 AM   #52
BadAss Boss

if he wanted to change tuners i could direct him to the perfect guy lolout:
Old 21-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #53
SpoolMan

Don’t think there would be anything wrong with the tune, Bluepower have shown the way on many occasions that they know were the finish line is 1st.
To many variables different cars, different conditions, lets not see this thread denigrate by questioning peoples credibility or skills or I will close it.

Old 21-02-2006, 10:57 AM   #54
JG3282
Awake after dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSV_LS1
Maybe it was a crap tune.

Two things, firstly it was tuned by the best BA-BF tuner in Australia. Secondly I am not questioning the integrity of my tune, I am questioning the extremely abnormal mph reading of another car.

Lets face it, dyno's lie, no two are the same... BUT the track never lies and running more mph with an identical car indicates one thing = more power! So how does a current model Falcon get more power without having any visible or detectable modifications.

I'm a bit over stacking my performance up against [c'mon guys what's his name], let's stack him against the other yellow typhoon.

4000 pound car runs 13.3 at 109 mph
4300 pound car runs 13.3 at 105 mph

Same Make & Model, Same diff gears, Same engine, Same transmission. Who is making more power?

Old 21-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #55
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

My apologies to Bluepower for my comments on tuning, just got a little pi##ed off why its keeps being questioned after JG3282 said on Sunday my word would be excepted.
I know where your shop is now call in and say hello when I get a chance.
JG3282 I can’t explain the mph, its FPV fault ask them.
The car is stock the end, think what you want.
I have a car to enjoy, later.
Old 21-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #56
JG3282
Awake after dark

Mauz, let's look at it this way, I'm not critisizing you one iota. Don't get me wrong. What I am trying to understand is how the hell does a car from the factory make so much more power at the track than it should. I never once said that your car is not stock and never once accused you personally of anything.
Here's an example of why I am trying to get to the bottom of this, we put one factory F6 on Bluepower's Dyno and it made 228 kW, then another factroy F6 on the same dyno, same operator, same air density made 238 kW. Then we had a factory GT which made 248.
So is there an anomally in FPV's engine building process? Are the cars making more power than FPV claims or is there another scientific reason... Something to think about.

Old 21-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #57
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am just glad i have sold the fastest stock F6 in Australian history. Quick F6's, come get your Quick F6's. LOL
Old 21-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #58
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BTW. The yella f6 is stock bar BMC filter. The guy is genuine so is his car. ET is a bit disappointing. I reckon i could have got it into the 12's
Old 21-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #59
Chris
AFF.com.au

PM me - shockwave tornado 6spd auto, price and ETA. Thanks, Chris
Old 21-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #60
Des Flurane

Thinking about the seeming large disparity in power/mph/et, reminds me of the magazine group tests.
One from last year had all the Holden/Fords up against each other and they found the SS was a jet and outperformed the Clubbie!
The tolerances from the factories must be way off, and sometimes you're gonna get the car of cars.