Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #31
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I know that flappist which is why I was looking at those sites - my point was they had the base GT price across all models = useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
And this is after you have done your research online.
Why can't the online research include RRP prices and option costs?
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #32
RATT
In a Pug..

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
I know that flappist which is why I was looking at those sites - my point was they had the base GT price across all models = useless.

Why can't the online research include RRP prices and option costs?
Not saying there shouldn't be RRP, there should! I am saying that the best thing to do is find the car online, get some sort of indicative figure and then find a good salesperson to deal with.
I cannot understand how people focus on price so much. It is vital of course, but what are you paying for? The "best price" or the right car?
RATT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #33
RATT
In a Pug..

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Sorry mate, have to disagree with you here. I have better things to do with my limited days off than go to car yards, listen to some guy crap on about a car he knows little about just so I can find out what it is worth retail on road.

I would much prefer I know all that info and know that I am seriously interested in it before I go and test drive and talk money. Saves me time (which I do not have much as I work shifts) and saves the salesman time too.

Stops my phone ringing all the time too!

Maybe the game has changed a bit since you gave it away but the average car sales rep knows squat about the product. I do not know how many times I have heard "I am not sure, I have only been here a few weeks, I was at Brand X before here, but I love these cars and they are the best on the market by far". That is until he moves on to Brand Y next month and then they are the best brand.
Understand completely what your point of view is. Don't go to car yards all weekend. Find one who you are happy to deal with on the phone first then go from there. Don't let geography be too much of a barrier too.
RATT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #34
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Probably because they want you to contact the dealer or go to a showroom to discuss...

RRP is almost irrelevant now..
Spot on and even if it were on the site the price on the site would differ from what you hand over the counter
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #35
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Understand completely what your point of view is. Don't go to car yards all weekend. Find one who you are happy to deal with on the phone first then go from there. Don't let geography be too much of a barrier too.
I just wish Ford & FPV would do lots of "mystery shoppers" and base the DP's hold back on the score.

Maybe then the salesmen might get more "motivated".
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #36
HSE2

The ACCC got this horribly wrong.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #37
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
geography isnt a barrier, but not everyone has the time to drive 4hrs just to see if the dealer knows his stuff.

important info like features, options and price should be available to potential customers online
Old 26-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #38
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe a virtual test drive too. If your serious about a car you will get to a dealer.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #39
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If anything this puts the selling power back into the hands of the dealers who can advertise their own drive away price.

Old 26-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #40
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Maybe a virtual test drive too. If your serious about a car you will get to a dealer.
lol, some people are very narrow minded