Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #31
Danny
GT4.

Default Re: Fiat 500 Abarth Ferrari 695 Tributo - My review

Wretched,

Cheers mate for bringing something different to the forum! The Tributo Ferrari is definitely the sort of car that has and would grab my attention. I seriously seriously disagree with both it and the Tributo Maserati. Over $75k for a 500 is extortion no matter how you look at it. If he price was less, it would be a different story, it would be a ripper if it was a $5-10k jump in price over the Arbath SS. The essesse is a much better buy, for almost the same car... Almost!

Great review though. Interesting read, I agree with you on everything you have posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534
Hi Wretched, have you tried a Golf R? Be interested in your thoughts. My son has one and it's like a go kart too in comparison to my old BA GTP.
If you reckon the Golf R is like a go cart, then you'd be shocked at the Fiat.. A Golf R is a butterball compared to any other hot hatch on the market. I had a fully optioned R on order until 3 months into my order, I cancelled after driving a RenaultSport Megane 250 because it was so much more or a howling knee slapping ripper drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale
Great review, thanks for sharing.

IMO they just look a but too try hard, like I wanted a ferrari & this is all I could afford & most people wont know what they are & think you have just put a ferrari badge on your girlfriends car.
Most people want to buy a Ferrari for street cred & I dont think this car gives that impression despite its performance.
Neale,

Im good friends with the sons of two older blokes who bought these and let me tell you, they did not buy them because they wanted a cut price Ferrari. They bought them because they already HAD Ferraris, and had the means to buy the 500 Tributo as an accessory...

They both have told me that according to Zagame's of Melbourne that apparently most buyers of the 500 TF seem to be coming from this demographic, interesting isn't it?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #32
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
i can appreciate these little 500s my sister owns a mint 1970 Fiat 500.. she loves it just as much as I do my big banger GTs...
And to think I could have got a green one that was registered and in reasonable condition in Sydney several years ago for 6k even

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #33
RASER
Banned

The std./base entry 500 is overpriced here in AUS, that's ex-importer greedy Ateco's fault

The new FIAT/CHRYLER factory importer is looking at selling the base 500's from under $20k

So these premium models might well come down a point or two in price.

Time will tell, would love to try/drive/test the twin-cylinder job, AUS most economical vehicle
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #34
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
And to think I could have got a green one that was registered and in reasonable condition in Sydney several years ago for 6k even
the sisters little bambino.. it rocks out bigtime...

pic must be from round xmas time.. can you tell...
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #35
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What's parked next to it seems more interesting!
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #36
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I haven't read the whole thread but Hope it goes faster than the Fiat 500 Abarth that I raced and beat it by nearly 2 seconds as it trapped at a 15.3 1/4 mile - it feels fast just as a go kart feels fast but it's slow......... and yeah it is a girly car which i keep telling my Italian adidas tracksuit wearing mate who owns one lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #37
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Looks like a Torana parked next to it?

The rear camber on that Fiat looks horrendous.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 02:49 AM   #38
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

The 500 isn't a drag car. On a track I'll bet the result would be different.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #39
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
I haven't read the whole thread but Hope it goes faster than the Fiat 500 Abarth that I raced and beat it by nearly 2 seconds as it trapped at a 15.3 1/4 mile - it feels fast just as a go kart feels fast but it's slow......... and yeah it is a girly car which i keep telling my Italian adidas tracksuit wearing mate who owns one lol
You're comparing a modded Falcon that was built for going fast in a straight line to something that can be bought from a dealer as is but built for going round corners?

Go try that at a circuit or roads with corners then come back to me.