Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #31
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inducted_Breeze
Especially when you consider the amazing Hybrid smashing fuel economy of the ECOnetic Fiesta (3.2L/100km advertised and 2.9L/100km in the Green Car challenge). Its very believable.
I like that Ford is proceeding with all three strategies, in high tax Europe diesels
make perfect sense, urban drivers may prefer hybrids but I think the majority
of buyers will love the torque and performace that Ecoboost petrols bring.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #32
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

First I've heard of Active Grille Shutter system.

Sounds a bit ****y at first, but I can see benefits, if it adds minimal weight. Quicker warm up, reduced drag (until our Oz summer keeps it open permanently ).

While I can't go past the I6 ,especially boosted, the EcoBoost is sounding better and better for base model chooktins for power AND economy.
Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #33
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With BLIS etc, Looks like it's getting Taurus technology ( which got it from Volvo, who I think originated it's D3 platform). Strange to see media making a big deal about Taurus being our next Falcon, when Mondeo is large enough to be incorporated into the next platform aswell.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post