Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-04-2008, 03:30 PM   #31
Neeek
65 Galaxie Hardtop

I spotted your post in the other project thread, and I have to admit it's such a cowardly thing to have done to you, Lincoln. I do sincerely hope you find out who did it.

However, like most people who seem to have commented here, I would still like to see you continue to update your build threads because the cars that leave your garage are breathtaking. No, they're stunning. The amount of time and effort that you put into each and every one beggars belief. They are flawless, and it speaks volumes about you and the service you provide that they are the way that they are.

So what if some idiot read Just Parts and thinks he can get one over on you? If I were you, I'd be changing your mobile and home numbers. Yeah, it's a lot of hassle, but at the very least it'll stop idiots calling you up either for abuse or an ID plate. And even if you don't change them, people will forget about the ad in no time at all, leaving you to get on with what you do best.

Neeek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #32
jcxr
Tribal Elder

If you do get any calls for i.d plates just givem "Just Parts" phone no. I honestly dont think you will cop many calls, its just a mongrel act what they have implied.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #33
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

A low act; from a low 'person'. (term - Person used loosely)

I wish you the best in finding out who is behind this.

D
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #34
TZENU
XY Driv3r

An absolute shame to have your hard work, not to mention your lively hood dragged through the mud...

I hope you catch the scum.
Old 24-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #35
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mltucker
Its a free ad apparently so no payment required and no procedure in place for checking the authenticity of an ad. Have just faxed a letter to the magazine.
faxed ? ask them for a copy of the fax it will have the header and if they are stupid their fax number

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #36
ea_boss_05

I think you can narrow your search down to how many people know your home and mobile no. I would say it is someone who you have done business with and is on the forum.
ea_boss_05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #37
XYLINC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
faxed ? ask them for a copy of the fax it will have the header and if they are stupid their fax number
No, the complaint letter I sent them was faxed. The ad itself was sent in by mail.
XYLINC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 10:58 AM   #38
Agent86
Not so low, not so slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
people have been doing that for a very long time! alot of ricers get them on their lancers(ie base model to VRX) and such so they can use 18"+rims legally(non standard wheels can only be 2" larger then standard legally)

Just a point here.. You can legaly fit rims in whatever the + is allowed by each state, as applied to the LARGEST factory available rim.. so the base model lancers are infact allowed to have the same rules applied as a VRX.

the wheels dont specificaly need to be fitted to the individual car form factory to gain this ability.. ( i have discussed this with an engineer at length and that was his answer )
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #39
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been following your projects to date and are in awe of your thoroughness of replicating every detail as accurately as possible. From the out set you have been upfront in your honesty of describing your cars as replicas so as not to create any confusion.
Like others have said extreme jealousy or tall poppy syndrome and a lack of testicular fortitude.
I hope that you keep posting the progress of your builds as it would be a shame to succumb to the attempts of this low life to discredit you.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #40
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

find them and kill them! they should not be breathing our precious unpolluted oxygen.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 01:08 AM   #41
nb_351
building the xe...

as said dont give them the satisfaction...
if it was mailed, would they be able to trace it somehow? theyd have to have a database of who sent what in etc... they might ave an original postcode which could narrow it down to who you have dealt with etc
and i find it hard to believe a magazine would let you put something in print for free?
what were they attempting to achieve by doing this?
someone has too much time on their hands i think...
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 02:11 AM   #42
charlie200
please insert coins

What i would be doing is going through my old posts and see who was leaving smart remarks or having a arguement through posts.
Old 26-04-2008, 03:32 AM   #43
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

Yeah but for someone to go that effort, i would be thinking that you had to have some sort of serious fall out with them, like that you purchased something off them or they off you and had a problem that wasn't resolved or so on if that makes sense? Like i would like to think that someone wouldn't goto that lengh just over a disagreement on a forum, there has to be more involved than that. But thats just what i'd like to think.

Also do ever use ebay? Its very easy for problems to arrive out of dealings on ebay, if you do i'd check dealings on there too.

Very low act from a very weak low life individual.

I hope you find them.
5.0 ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 04:01 AM   #44
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Name them or they'll get away with it.
Old 26-04-2008, 08:55 AM   #45
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was just thinking about the no proof requirements for Just Parts magazine, there cant be too many people who would know this ,only someone who uses it on a regular basis would realise how easy it would be a, as every ad ive put in a newspaper has required some semblance of proof as you nearly always (except for local paper)have to place ads over the phone and pay via direct debit in advance or credit card/debit card details with ad at time of ringing.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 11:30 AM   #46
XYLINC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
find them and kill them! they should not be breathing our precious unpolluted oxygen.
I'm with you on both counts.
Old 26-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #47
XYLINC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_351
as said dont give them the satisfaction...
if it was mailed, would they be able to trace it somehow? theyd have to have a database of who sent what in etc... they might ave an original postcode which could narrow it down to who you have dealt with etc
and i find it hard to believe a magazine would let you put something in print for free?
what were they attempting to achieve by doing this?
someone has too much time on their hands i think...
Unfortunately they dont keep the empty envelopes. I also had no idea that you could advertise in that magazine for free. The private ads are the only ones that are free though. They must raise their revenue by business advertising and magazine sales.
Old 26-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #48
XYLINC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie200
What i would be doing is going through my old posts and see who was leaving smart remarks or having a arguement through posts.
Nothing there, everyone been great.
Old 26-04-2008, 11:36 AM   #49
XYLINC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0whiteaughia
Yeah but for someone to go that effort, i would be thinking that you had to have some sort of serious fall out with them, like that you purchased something off them or they off you and had a problem that wasn't resolved or so on if that makes sense? Like i would like to think that someone wouldn't goto that lengh just over a disagreement on a forum, there has to be more involved than that. But thats just what i'd like to think.

Also do ever use ebay? Its very easy for problems to arrive out of dealings on ebay, if you do i'd check dealings on there too.

Very low act from a very weak low life individual.

I hope you find them.
Been there too, nothing comes to mind, not even close.
Old 26-04-2008, 11:38 AM   #50
XYLINC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
i was just thinking about the no proof requirements for Just Parts magazine, there cant be too many people who would know this ,only someone who uses it on a regular basis would realise how easy it would be a, as every ad ive put in a newspaper has required some semblance of proof as you nearly always (except for local paper)have to place ads over the phone and pay via direct debit in advance or credit card/debit card details with ad at time of ringing.
I agree with you. Thats why I find it hard to believe its someone I know personally as no one I know reads that mag.
Old 26-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #51
HP-0351
1409hp 1190lb.ft 18psi...

Lincoln you know I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY to do an article on you in STREET FORDS if you want

Just let me know

I have dealt personally with Lincoln and can say he is NOT into the rebirthing/restamping thing at all...

Only thing he is guilty of is building really good replica's!

Cheers,

Roy

The Daily 2003 BA GT Falcon http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367185

The Weekender: 1971 Twin Turbo XY Falcon
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....=twin+turbo+xy
HP-0351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 12:01 PM   #52
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

I'm sure a letter from a lawyer (or even sent by yourself via registered mail) threatening to sue the publisher would suddenly find them much more co-operative about identifying the source.
Old 26-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #53
Sam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSV-871
Lincoln you know I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY to do an article on you in STREET FORDS if you want

Just let me know

I have dealt personally with Lincoln and can say he is NOT into the rebirthing/restamping thing at all...

Only thing he is guilty of is building really good replica's!

Cheers,

Roy
I think we'd all like to see this happen, a positive way to get his honest intentions across to the public and put and end to this.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #54
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

We do seem to have our share of dogs even on this forum, this would be one of the lower acts I have come across.
This and another low act happened in the classic section where an AFF member bought a clean original XY sedan from under another AFF member who got on the forum to ask for some help about buying the car.
That one got swept under the carpet and deleted, so not many would be aware of it now.

Personally, there seems like not a lot can be done to fix this. If you cant find the coward, then your only recourse is to lean on the mag to print you a free of charge retraction and have them change their policy with advertising.
I certainly would not go changing numbers and so on. Why should you go thru all that agro, better to keep your numbers and anyone who rings and carries on, just tell em how it really is and let them know it was a malicious act, you never know, you may turn them into good customers.

Your work speaks for itself from what I have seen on here, you build decent quality replicas, and at least they do look right. Keep up the good work.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #55
steamin63
old skool

mate i think this is a truly disgusting act and i hope you catch the kiddy fiddler who did this. just a side note , i've heard a little bit about the xy incident , why was it kept hush hush and then deleted [was someone protecting a "mate"]. cheers.
Old 27-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #56
XYLINC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamin63
mate i think this is a truly disgusting act and i hope you catch the kiddy fiddler who did this. just a side note , i've heard a little bit about the xy incident , why was it kept hush hush and then deleted [was someone protecting a "mate"]. cheers.
What "XY incident" are you referring to there mate, not quite sure what you mean? What was kept hush hush then deleted?????? Have I missed something?
Old 27-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #57
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

The XY incident was RE: the sale that was taken from a member. (nothing to do with The Replica Factory)

FYI it was not swept under the carpet but removed at posters request.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 09:53 PM   #58
XYLINC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
The XY incident was RE: the sale that was taken from a member. (nothing to do with The Replica Factory)

FYI it was not swept under the carpet but removed at posters request.
Gotcha..........thanks
Old 28-04-2008, 08:03 AM   #59
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm amazed by how low some people can get. I've read your project threads with great interest. Mate, hope that this tool is discovered and receives the facial restamping Monty has so kindly offered
Uncle Raggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 09:00 AM   #60
LTDHO
The one and only

Replicated plated.

I'll get new ones for the LTD with the 'HO' option.

see Genuine DC LTD HO........

Also can they do current stickers?
Then I can have a FG GT HO.

The HO's are endless.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post