Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #31
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Driving my V8 along the GOR, it's a pure driver's vehicle the AU XR8.
But I must also be getting old as I lust for a Prado and escaping of into the bush/mountain's all by myself and exploring this beautifull landscape we have here in Australia.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #32
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love the coast, so the ideal driving experience for me is driving along the beach late in the afternoon with the windows down, and some light music. (I don't like driving with loud music on)

Just need a V8 now.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #33
bernadette86
soon to be low

would easily be doing a three hour midnight adelaide hills run in my......sob sob xe falcon backing her up into a corner back end out a little pushing on the accelerator feel the high ratio lsd pull a small sexy slide as you exit the corner. unfortunately using half a set of tires each night. fats werent cheap but so worth it. nowadays things change people grow now its drives through the hills in the fairlane.
relaxing hoping not to get stuck behind a holden or sunday drivers driving 20kmh under the recommended speed limit.
Old 28-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #34
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I love the coast, so the ideal driving experience for me is driving along the beach late in the afternoon with the windows down, and some light music. (I don't like driving with loud music on)

Just need a V8 now.
When you do get a V8 mate, you will find you won't even have the music on most of the time,
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #35
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Sit inside an XY GT Falcon, and everywhere you look... its bare-bones basics (compared to cars of today)... no elec/power assist rubbish... just a couple of things you need... fuel gauge, tach, speedo... don't worry about the superfringe... you'll be hearing something glorious in a few seconds...

Before you even get started, you'll need to unhook the seatbelt from the holder over your right hand shoulder... and also unclip the belt receiver from the console... Slide the comfy bucket seat into position where you can get the clutch all the way to the floor... and you're all set...

*(now here comes the good bit)*
Turn the key, bit of pedal... and you'll see the shaker bouncing all over the place as the 351ci V8 gets going... chances are you'll be in a garage, so enjoy the overwhelming sound of the rumble thru the dual pipes as the sheer volume reflects off every surface within eyesight...

Wind back the sunroof... angle the quarter window open... and get comfy while she warms up...

Nice firm clutch on the left foot, and a very responsive throttle on the right... shove the shifter into 1st... remember the Toploader is very strong... so be firm with your gear selection... and out you go... (don't forget the handbrake!)

Go and find a road that is flowing... think Mt Macedon, Dandenongs, Great Ocean Road, somewhere away from the hustle/bustle of the city and built up suburbs... But remember... you'll have to go down a main street or two... there will surely be someone in the street that will appreciate and envy what you're doing...

Thats what does it for me...
Old 28-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #36
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

the sunset, no one else in the car, a cigarette and some ZZ top, head up to blackwood, then down to windy point, then home. not a long drive but so so relaxing and always do it alone, usually do it on fridays after work, so i can relax before a few beers.

sunday mornings(if im awake) ill go down to the beach and drive along the esplanades on my own, savoring the cool morning air.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #37
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
When you do get a V8 mate, you will find you won't even have the music on most of the time,
Exactly why I want one mate. The V8 soundtrack is enough. :

I was thinking of throwing a 5L in the VL, but would probably be easier just to buy one.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2010, 11:32 PM   #38
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as with every1 i think the mood changes how you enjoy driving, for me it can be giving it hell or cruising and relaxing the 1 thing you cant go past is a V8 nd the windows down, old or new it's unf@#*inkbelievable
doesn't matter how bad a day ive had just fire up the Ute and go for a drive and the problems are blown out the exhaust with the tunes of perfection.
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 07:43 AM   #39
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Through Kangaroo Valley when there's no traffic.
:evil3:

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 08:00 AM   #40
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
*(now here comes the good bit)*
Turn the key, bit of pedal... and you'll see the shaker bouncing all over the place as the 351ci V8 gets going... chances are you'll be in a garage, so enjoy the overwhelming sound of the rumble thru the dual pipes as the sheer volume reflects off every surface within eyesight...
You forgot the smell.

Was stopped at a set of lights last night, windows down, faffing about with the stereo and all of a sudden a beautiful waft of exhaust fumes/petrol entered the cabin. I glance up into my mirror in delight and what do I see? XW GT. Ah, that took me back.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #41
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

I love the open road. No cars in sight, cruising down the highway, windows down taking in the beautiful landscape of Queensland. All of this complete with the sound of my Ford V8 humming along effortlessly.

My road picks are:

Warrego Hwy
Brisbane Valley Hwy
D'Aguilar Hwy
Cunningham Hwy
Mt Lindsay Hwy.
And sometimes the Bruce Hwy on a good day, up past gympie.

Theres just nothing else like it. And unfortunately is becoming more and more of a small niche that only people like us enjoy.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #42
Outback
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
what does it for me is knowing I am driving a car capable of tyre shredding on will or of ballistic move the world off its axis acceleration at the squeeze of my foot, the fact that Holden fans secretly are green with envy of my car - the way it is capable of leaving anything with a Holden badge on it in the mirrors.

and when I drive the XR5 I love the way it seemingly holds on around corners when even me as a driver think its going to end in tears the tyres squeal and feather the throttle and out of the bend it blasts with me wondering by what miracle I stayed on the black strip.
Anything with a Holden badge hey, well Morris Fabietti's Monaro Door slammer has a Holden badge on it.
Outback is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #43
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Givin' the missus one in the back.

Um, nice long country drives. Cruising with mates, the odd bit of illegal behaviour.

When I feel like listening to music, cranking the stereo and the sub rattling my bones.

My favourite bit, starting her up in the garage. It's only a 6, but with only one single straight through muffler, she barks.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #44
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Driving anywhere with only the noise of nintendo DS buttons coming from the back seat !! ! ! ! ! !
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #45
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

getting a perfect set of downchanges done, then going back up through the gears
Old 30-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #46
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

I enjoy a good winding road in the GT-P, and take that to the natural limit by hitting a track - one with corners

V8 roaring, tyres and brakes screaming in what I can only imagine is ecstasy (can't be pain right . Unfortunately the drive home is painful, who'd think 110km/h would feel so slow.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post