Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #31
carwant.com.au
carwant.com.au

Default Re: Do we expedite Territory being obsolete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Since when?

We've had enough doom and gloom crap this week thanks. Ford are more committed to the Territory than they are to the Falcon.

I smell a troll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
bit of a TROLL! Go away!
The intention of this post was to have a valid discussion about Ford's intention. Last year, at Sydney Motor Show, the Kuga and Territory were sitting side-by-side. I remember talking to one Ford rep about needing to buy a Terra for this year. Even though i told him i have three kids, he kept pushing me to the Kuga. I went later back to Ford's (outside) stand and spoke to a completely different person, and yet the same thing; just pushing me to the Kuga. At that point, i started to wonder about Ford's real intention. Since then, i've seen heaps of Kuga advertising and it just annoyed me on Wednesday seeing more advertisment, so i posted this discussion. I do support Ford's local industry buy purchasing a new car as often as possible. Hope this clarifies my intention and sorry for any misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
The way I see it is the OP was asking opinions on what others would do or think if it were to happen.

When I say valid discussion, I didn't mean that I agree that Kuga will be replacing Territory etc, rather that I think the OP is not a troll and wants genuine opinions if it were to happen. I guess my issue is with members calling other members trolls without actually contributing to the discussion is a positive manner.

I'm sorry if anyone misunderstood my inital post.
Correct, just asking what others views were. It's actually the first time i've posted a new discussion, and this was the intention, just a discussion, like when anyone goes to the pub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
New Kuga- L-4524 W-2077 inc mirrors H-1685
Territory- L-4833 W-1898 ex mirrors H-1716

For fun:

Captiva7- L-4673 W-1849 H-1727

You are best comparing a new Kuga with a Captiva floppy ears, are you in the market?
Yes, our lease is almost up; but defiently need a Terra or bigger, as i have three kids
carwant.com.au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #32
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppy ears View Post
Ford is aiming to transition consumers from Territory to the new Kuga, but what do we do?

Do we start to purchase Kuga now, on the basis that Territory wont be around long term? Or do we continue to support Territory, which also supports Falcon?

For us personally, Kuga is too small, so it's a no go... Nevertheless, i say continue to support Territory if you want to continue Falcon into the future....
Buy the Territory!
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #33
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where is the Kuga made? Wiki tells me Germany and Spain, where would Australian delivered models be made?
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #34
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppy ears View Post
The intention of this post was to have a valid discussion about Ford's intention. Last year, at Sydney Motor Show, the Kuga and Territory were sitting side-by-side. I remember talking to one Ford rep about needing to buy a Terra for this year. Even though i told him i have three kids, he kept pushing me to the Kuga. I went later back to Ford's (outside) stand and spoke to a completely different person, and yet the same thing; just pushing me to the Kuga. At that point, i started to wonder about Ford's real intention. Since then, i've seen heaps of Kuga advertising and it just annoyed me on Wednesday seeing more advertisment, so i posted this discussion. I do support Ford's local industry buy purchasing a new car as often as possible. Hope this clarifies my intention and sorry for any misunderstanding.
Ok no problem. Allow me to explain a few things. The Kuga is a global vehicle, competing in a HOT market segment. They are probably under pressure from HQ to generate interest in the Kuga as it is an all-new name to Australia whereas the Territory is not. They need to work to build the brand cachet of the car/badge whereas the Territory will more or less sell itself in numbers 1000-1200 per month comfortably. Head office have high expectations for the Kuga and are pushing the regional arms to generate interest in it to get it off the ground. A reasonable and forseeable process with any new car.

I don't think it is any part of a Ford conspiracy to shed the Territory, if indeed the Terri is to be replaced it won't be any time before 2017 and it would be with a vehicle like the global Ford Edge (next generation) or the SUV variant of the T6/Ford Ranger.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #35
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Where is the Kuga made? Wiki tells me Germany and Spain, where would Australian delivered models be made?
Spain....
Old 12-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #36
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
Ford will only have 2 SUV (Kuga & Territory), Toyota has 3 that sell very very well, Mazda have 2, Hyundai have 2, Holden have 2, so why can't Ford have 2? I don’t think of it as one is here to replace the other, there is just 2 very differently sized SUV Ford offer.

Also, Advertising for Kuga will clearly out way Territory for the next 12 months or so, because Kuga is an all new model & Territory is coming to the end of its current model. But when the 2014 Territory update comes out, the opposite will happen.
What 2014 territory? Have heard no such thing.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #37
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin View Post
What 2014 territory? Have heard no such thing.
He's talking about probably an SZ Mk II update that should be out in 2014 or 2015, carrying with it all the goodies the 2014 Falcon is supposed to be getting.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 12-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #38
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
He's talking about probably an SZ Mk II update that should be out in 2014 or 2015, carrying with it all the goodies the 2014 Falcon is supposed to be getting.
OK but still heard nothing about it. Would there likely be any sheetmetal changes?
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #39
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
OK but still heard nothing about it. Would there likely be any sheetmetal changes?
Highly unlikely. It will be features and efficiency upgrades. Bob G made a throw-away comment about it last year or the year before when the usual media suspects were whipped up into a self-induced frenzy about the Falcon's future.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #40
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Highly unlikely. It will be features and efficiency upgrades. Bob G made a throw-away comment about it last year or the year before when the usual media suspects were whipped up into a self-induced frenzy about the Falcon's future.
No worries thanks. I'm actually picking a new Territory up soon hence the question - dont want it outdated in less than 12 months (sheetmetal wise).

Old 12-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #41
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
No worries thanks. I'm actually picking a new Territory up soon hence the question - dont want it outdated in less than 12 months (sheetmetal wise).
So am I, and I'm fairly confident that the cosmetic changes won't be that substantial to make me wait.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #42
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Maybe a new bumper to keep the corporate face fresh.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post