Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #31
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: Tell me that's not money making....

THIS TOPIC MAKES ME SO ANGRY....IM GUNNA RAGE QUIT THIS THREAD
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #32
red_hotxr6
Banned

Personally i think its revenue raising. Full stop. You were allowed i think about 5k,s over the speed limit before you were penalised, they dropped that down to 2 klm,s. People then adjusted there driving habits and alot of them were not getting caught and fined. So they are now hiding where you can not see them at all and catching you out. Now i know full well that speeding is a no no, but please explain to me how a speed camera can detect you doing 130 klm,s in a 100 klm area is going to save you, or the occupants of another vehicle when this vehicle collides with another 100 metres down the road.
Instead of being sneaky and revenue raising i am quite sure the police can come up with more efficient and safety conscious ideas than hiding god knows where and aiming a speed gun at oncoming traffic.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #33
MrXR8

Here is a novel idea. Why not use the revenue from the speed cameras to by some patrol cars(just not the Holden ones) thus sorta help fix the issue.
When a car gets past you, you just want to go after them, you want to chase them down, you want to pass them. It's primal. But then there's another side to it, where you just completely forget about all the other cars on the track, and you feel like you're in another world. It's just you, at one with the road and the car.

Eric Bana
MrXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #34
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6 View Post
Personally i think its revenue raising. Full stop. You were allowed i think about 5k,s over the speed limit before you were penalised, they dropped that down to 2 klm,s. People then adjusted there driving habits and alot of them were not getting caught and fined. So they are now hiding where you can not see them at all and catching you out. Now i know full well that speeding is a no no, but please explain to me how a speed camera can detect you doing 130 klm,s in a 100 klm area is going to save you, or the occupants of another vehicle when this vehicle collides with another 100 metres down the road.
Instead of being sneaky and revenue raising i am quite sure the police can come up with more efficient and safety conscious ideas than hiding god knows where and aiming a speed gun at oncoming traffic.
More to the point, is 130 in that 100 zone even dangerous?