Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-08-2016, 08:52 PM   #31
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Youi refuses to pay claim after guy picks up a "girl" & she steals the car while he went to the ATM

Cheap insurance is cheap for a reason. Stick with the majors always
sprintman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2016, 10:40 PM   #32
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Youi refuses to pay claim after guy picks up a "girl" & she steals the car while he went to the ATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
YOUI is cheap - you pay for what you get !!!
That hasn't been my experience.I have requested quotes from them on a few occasions and you go through half an hour of bullsht,including them ringing you,and then at the end of it all they are hundreds of dollars dearer.
Old 28-08-2016, 12:13 AM   #33
barrys123
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morexbs View Post
That hasn't been my experience.I have requested quotes from them on a few occasions and you go through half an hour of bullsht,including them ringing you,and then at the end of it all they are hundreds of dollars dearer.
Yep, watched the adds on TV got a quote and it was over $200 dearer then my current insurer HBF.
barrys123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2016, 12:56 AM   #34
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Thought he be doing some ********** but finds himself on the receiving end.....

His reasoning is gold worthy!
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2016, 02:01 AM   #35
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh Youi isn't cheap

One of the most expensive actually

Sent via HTC Velocity + [HolicsROM v1.3] [SWEEP2WAKE]
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-08-2016, 02:47 AM   #36
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

My.... Ribs.... Hurt.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2016, 03:22 AM   #37
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

That was at the 3rd page, I just finished. I had to stop after awhile.

He was going to stick his chicken in her deep fryer, but now he's crying fowl because he got burnt.

I mean if you can't trust a lady of the night, who can you trust?

"I trust people easily" not the insurers problem. And it's obvious he doesn't cause he "checked her ID to see if she was a professional" I didn't know they had an official "Prostitute ID card"

Not one person sided with him in that. And still didn't get the point. Or it was the most gold worthy troll ever.

If it's all true I'm suprised that he's survived this long. Or maybe he has just on luck. You know like that bloke who gets shot in the helmet in Saving Private Ryan, takes his helmet off to look at it, then gets shot in the head....

And eveyone wonders why insurance premiums go up. It's Beacause of idiots like this....
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2016, 07:27 AM   #38
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniacidz View Post
Yeh Youi isn't cheap

One of the most expensive actually

Sent via HTC Velocity + [HolicsROM v1.3] [SWEEP2WAKE]
And after you get a quote and say woooo that's 25% more than NRMA (or who ever) they will keep,raining you to badger you into their policy by "tailoring" it better eg lowering values or going "market value" I place of agreed value, or taking away hire car cover or glass cover all things you have with your current insurer because they are things you want in a policy and asked for when you set it up.

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2016, 08:02 AM   #39
damo6
turbo pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
And after you get a quote and say woooo that's 25% more than NRMA (or who ever) they will keep,raining you to badger you into their policy by "tailoring" it better eg lowering values or going "market value" I place of agreed value, or taking away hire car cover or glass cover all things you have with your current insurer because they are things you want in a policy and asked for when you set it up.
Your not wrong there,i got a quote for my falcon,told them i wanted to think about it (several times) while i was talking to them,they then proceeded to harrass the daylights out of me for the next two weeks till i got fed up and told them to **** off or ill take the matter further.never heard from them again for some reason
Old 28-08-2016, 08:50 AM   #40
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back after the big floods a few years back in Bundaberg, there was a stink about Youi in the local media and word around town.
A guy down the road from my daughters house had his claim refused, even though he was under the impression he was fully covered...clever wording of the policy that not everyone catches.

Youi apologised profusely.

And sent him a small gift as a way of saying sorry.

For not covering him for flood damage.

An umbrella.

Really.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2016, 08:55 AM   #41
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Echoing earlier sentiments about cheap insurance, no thanks you get what you pay for.
Youi we'll get you

Quote:
Does Youi owe you? Insurer accused of billing without consent
http://www.theage.com.au/business/ba...18-gqvrmi.html
Old 28-08-2016, 09:26 AM   #42
bathurst-racer

I would like to meet this girl while I'm out in my Holden.
bathurst-racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2016, 09:32 AM   #43
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Read the lead news item on Youi today and ACCC investigation etc. stay well away from these crooks!
Old 28-08-2016, 11:08 AM   #44
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintman1 View Post
Read the lead news item on Youi today and ACCC investigation etc. stay well away from these crooks!
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/busi...18-gqvrmi.html
Old 28-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #45
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread sucks without torquey

Maybe PM him to join this forum, so we can listen to his plight..

Funniest thread I've read in a long time.

"I did not leave the key in the car, unattended"

"I left then on the seat of the car with a hooker I just met in a car park watching my car, while I got cash from an ATM "

ROFL
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2016, 11:22 AM   #46
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
That was at the 3rd page, I just finished. I had to stop after awhile.

He was going to stick his chicken in her deep fryer, but now he's crying fowl because he got burnt.

I mean if you can't trust a lady of the night, who can you trust?

"I trust people easily" not the insurers problem. And it's obvious he doesn't cause he "checked her ID to see if she was a professional" I didn't know they had an official "Prostitute ID card"

Not one person sided with him in that. And still didn't get the point. Or it was the most gold worthy troll ever.

If it's all true I'm suprised that he's survived this long. Or maybe he has just on luck. You know like that bloke who gets shot in the helmet in Saving Private Ryan, takes his helmet off to look at it, then gets shot in the head....

And eveyone wonders why insurance premiums go up. It's Beacause of idiots like this....
Good entertainment on the Whirlpool forum I thought but I swear some people post up B******* stories for fun to see what reaction they get from their audience.

Notice how they keep feeding the bottom feeders.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2016, 11:47 AM   #47
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cheap insurance is cheap for a reason. Stick with the majors always
Not that cheap. Just for fun I did an online quote and was almost $1000 for my 09 FG XR6. $300 more than RACV.
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2016, 02:35 PM   #48
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz View Post
Not that cheap. Just for fun I did an online quote and was almost $1000 for my 09 FG XR6. $300 more than RACV.
Madness! Read today's news and you'll understand why
Old 28-08-2016, 02:39 PM   #49
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane50 View Post
That is not Youi's fault, it is not a normal car theft. It wouldn't be a normal event covered on a normal comprehensive vehicle cover.

If you are selling a car from home & you give someone the keys for a test drive & they take the car you can't claim on any normal car insurance for that either.

Or if your missus walks out on you taking things from your house or your car you can't claim that on your insurance as burglary or theft.

It's simply not a legitimate insurance claim, people don't pay insurance to cover these events.
Having said that, a friend of my sister started his car in the driveway, went inside to grab something and came out to find his car stolen.

He was paid out for that. I wonder if the fact the car was parked on his land made the difference?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #50
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Having said that, a friend of my sister started his car in the driveway, went inside to grab something and came out to find his car stolen.

He was paid out for that. I wonder if the fact the car was parked on his land made the difference?
I think he was lucky to be paid out, a work mate had his ute stolen from behind his house gates, keys left in ignition, his insurance scrubbed him on claim.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #51
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Madness! Read today's news and you'll understand why
Guess they have to pay for all those tv ads somehow...

Fastest growing insurance company 4 years in a row!!
Forget to mention fastest rate of denying claims 4 years in a row!!
Old 28-08-2016, 04:13 PM   #52
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz View Post
Guess they have to pay for all those tv ads somehow...

Fastest growing insurance company 4 years in a row!!
Forget to mention fastest rate of denying claims 4 years in a row!!
Staff changing vehicle details eg colour so they don't have to pay. Everybody should read the expose, it beggars belief
Old 28-08-2016, 04:46 PM   #53
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm with Youi at the moment who were competitive with pricing after a little haggling. As far as I know all the details for the car are correct, but there will be a change in a couple of months so long as another company is competitive too. However, owning a "high powered" car at 22-23 makes this a little difficult.

FG XR6T SILHOUETTE - 380rwkw
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #54
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas2 View Post
I'm with Youi at the moment who were competitive witzh pricing after a little haggling. As far as I know all the details for the car are correct, but there will be a change in a couple of months so long as another company is competitive too. However, owning a "high powered" car at 22-23 makes this a little difficult.
What's the point when they just don't pay claims?
3 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #55
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas2 View Post
I'm with Youi at the moment who were competitive with pricing after a little haggling. As far as I know all the details for the car are correct, but there will be a change in a couple of months so long as another company is competitive too. However, owning a "high powered" car at 22-23 makes this a little difficult.
You provided them with the correct details ... that's fine.
But behind your back without you knowing ... they like to change things.
And then ... when you claim ... it's your word against theirs ... you provided them with the information.

I see you have a black FG XR6T ... they would have at least changed the vehicle colour to white to make the policy cheaper .... after they got off the phone with you .... it's one of their tricks.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2016, 05:49 PM   #56
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes after reading the article it's quite concerning. If they were to deny a claim through no fault of my own, I wouldn't be a happy camper that's for sure. I've just checked my policy and the vehicle details are all correct, however, there is no mention of the colour of the vehicle on there. I'll be looking into this asap.

FG XR6T SILHOUETTE - 380rwkw
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #57
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Just car was doing similar scam in NSW.
Insuring P platers in SS's , XR8's ect when no other company would touch them since it was illegal for a P plater to drive any V8 or turbo at that time.
When it come time to pay out , claim denied.
Reason was it was legal for you be driving the car , same as its not legal to drive drunk.
Wasn't against the rules to insure the car but , providing they didn't drive it.........
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2016, 06:39 PM   #58
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Youi is cheaper if you work at home or drive 1km to work and parked behind a gate monitored by armed security.
For people who use their cars for what they are made for and park them in less than desirable places occasionally, Youi doesn't seam to be any cheaper.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #59
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow i better check my policy out, they were the cheapest by far for my black turbo falcon but who knows they probably put it down as a white camry parked inside a police station 24hrs a day haha
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2016, 09:43 PM   #60
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Youi is cheaper if you work at home or drive 1km to work and parked behind a gate monitored by armed security.
For people who use their cars for what they are made for and park them in less than desirable places occasionally, Youi doesn't seam to be any cheaper.
Actually NO. I drive 7k's to work and is locked behind high security gates and an online quote was still around $300 more than RACV.