Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #31
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
It shits me that ford have increased the price on LT XR5 which has SFA more equipment than LS, while the rest of the range get more stuff and costs less....dosent make sense.
Most likely because it comes from Europe and is selling well without cost cutting.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #32
marcosambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
Most likely because it comes from Europe and is selling well without cost cutting.
Ford could sell twice as many as they are getting right now, so why not bump up the price?

If you make something good enough, people will open the wallets as wide as they can to get it. a'la M3.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2007, 02:36 AM   #33
Deanodriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Diesel would have been nice at $22k-23k, but not at $28k :(
I do agree, I would have liked to see the diesel as an option on all models (CL TDCi, LX TDCi, Zetec TDCi, Ghia TDCi) rather than a separate model, however look at it this way. That's still about the same price as the basic VW Golf TDI. For that money, you get the base Trendline spec Golf with the 74kW 1.9L TDI.

Then again, you've got to pay another $650 for the extra airbags in the Focus, the Golf has curtain airbags standard across the range.

Actually, I wonder if the TDCi is still built in South Africa, or Germany like the XR5?
Old 12-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #34
kjau99
Starter Motor

Too bad the LS never came with curtain airbags and DSC, the car looks nicer with side door mouldings and the original Zetec alloys. The sedan also looks better lowered without a bodykit in my opinion which is why I will stick with my LS Ghia with Zetec alloys. And also because Ford are giving me $20,000 to trade it in for a new one, and it's only 12 months old with 16,000km. Hah!
kjau99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post