Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #31
Krytox
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rules are Rules.

No exemption, you get caught, they take, we cannot have lenient policing.

In fact, especially in Carrum Downs, everyone hates annoying engines buzzing day and night, Also nearly ALL the roads in Carrum Downs attach to parks especially courts.

Yes there is a motorcycle track nearby, I wonder if thats there for a purpose?.

They knew they were in the wrong the moment they left the front door.
I bet mommy even said 'what if the cops come' before he left.

Poor child, and no sympathy for the parents from me, teach her, and teach her right.
Old 15-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #32
NEEDspeed

Quote:
its a 49cc trailbike today, next year its a 125, the year after that its a 250 with all of her mates. The cops have sent a loud and clear message that its a park, not a motocross circuit. A 6 year old would have very little concept of danger when it came to riding a motorcycle, and whilst the kids parents may have had innocent intentions, imagine if 20 parents had the same innocent intentions? What would happen if another young child received life changing injuries because they were hit by one of these kids on a motorbike.
Yep, I know when I have kids they'll be in bubblewrap until they are at least 12...

Blueprint 2003 XR6. Forged internals 10.8cr engine.
Old 15-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #33
Redmund
Banned

Absolutely disgusting, but that's how this country is these days.
Old 15-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #34
azaxr8

note to self! next you'll be hooning while mowing your lawn watch out!!
Old 15-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #35
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

My opinion is that once you get the full story, which I didn't know about, going off others posts, if they'd been warned previously, the Dad was a smart-**** to the police then well, the law is the law isn't it, regardless if you're 5 or 50 I suppose. The police can make your life hard, so don't do anything to annoy them.

Parents are at fault here. 5 Year old isn't capable of making informed decisions.
Old 15-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #36
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only in Victoria
My neighbors kid 6Yo had a little 50cc 4 wheeler and he used to take his son to the park up the street when nobody else was about and let him ride it around, no-one said boo about it, we live in a fairly Nice aria aswell.

I was in Kalgoorlie the other day and my mate has a Go-cart and we were burning up and down his street on it, no-one cares as long as it's not 9pm or something, some people even come outside and watch.

One kid on a bike once or twice a week so what, as long as the park isn't getting ripped up! When ya start getting 15 people down there evry 2nd day that's when you turn around and say sorry, no more.

Why make a problem out of something that isn't one.

Every thing is becoming so stuck up these days.
Old 15-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #37
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Australian Ford Forums - Home of the Judge, Jury & the Executioner.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 15-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #38
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Australian Ford Forums - Home of the Judge, Jury & the Executioner.
and the laminge hug of love!
Old 15-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #39
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

A motorcycle track nearby.... Is it suitable for kids on 49cc bikes? I don't know of a single motocross facility in the country where a kid with limited skills could ever hope to successfully complete half a lap let alone a lap. Riding a little bike with limited skill on nice flat ground is the only way to learn really, you can't exactly take them to a mud or sand mx track as they will never make it more than a few metres before falling off and will never get the confidence to ride.
Old 15-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #40
Redmund
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
My opinion is that once you get the full story, which I didn't know about, going off others posts, if they'd been warned previously, the Dad was a smart-**** to the police then well, the law is the law isn't it, regardless if you're 5 or 50 I suppose. The police can make your life hard, so don't do anything to annoy them.

Parents are at fault here. 5 Year old isn't capable of making informed decisions.
What? The old man was not a smart *** at all towards the police. The parents are not at fault. This is a broken and corrupt system, now targeting children.

I envision myself sitting on a porch in 30 years telling my grandkids stories about the days when I was allowed to ride a pushbike......
Old 15-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #41
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
A motorcycle track nearby.... Is it suitable for kids on 49cc bikes? I don't know of a single motocross facility in the country where a kid with limited skills could ever hope to successfully complete half a lap let alone a lap. Riding a little bike with limited skill on nice flat ground is the only way to learn really, you can't exactly take them to a mud or sand mx track as they will never make it more than a few metres before falling off and will never get the confidence to ride.
what should a kid with limited skill be doing riding in a public place. either do it where it is legal or not at all

maybe my five year old nephew can learn to drive in the same park. i mean, on a track, it would be too dangerous for him, and on mud or sand he may get bogged
Old 15-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #42
Redmund
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
what should a kid with limited skill be doing riding in a public place. either do it where it is legal or not at all

maybe my five year old nephew can learn to drive in the same park. i mean, on a track, it would be too dangerous for him, and on mud or sand he may get bogged
Sarcasm. Well done. Now you're comparing a car to a peewee 50. You're either a smart *** or stupid. I'm sitting on the fence on that one.

Where is the common sense these days? Politicians and do gooders have absolutely stuffed this country. It's a kid doing less than 20 k's an hour in a grassy park. The kid could probably run as fast as that. Maybe that's the next activity to be banned.
Old 15-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #43
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Next it will be kids on BMX doing wheelies and riding up n down gutters will be hoons. Cant people see something is wrong here confiscating a kids bike so if a cop dont like what you are doing he can legally steal your bike and of course give it back for a ransom fee in 3 months. lucky they didnt get done for unreg'd, uninsured and unlicenced there's a few grand there.
Yes there has been some sort of offence commited but to call it under the hoon law what a load of shyte.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
Old 15-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #44
mad cow
blue oval addict

i think that the main point here is that it all didnt have to happen. the kids parents were wrong to take a kid to a park with a motorbike. period. the cops turned up and warned the father who obviously disagreed with the cops and refused to take the action suggested by the police, who just wanted to defuse the situation. the police did the right thing and confiscated the bike. sad for the little girl but what message has her parents sent to her over all this. the police to my knowlege never suggested that this was under the hoon laws. (unless matt white from today tonight is the new police commisioner). all this could have been avoided if the father treated the police with respect and took a warning instead of being an *** about it. end rant...
Old 15-08-2009, 10:53 PM   #45
Redmund
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad cow
i think that the main point here is that it all didnt have to happen. the kids parents were wrong to take a kid to a park with a motorbike. period. the cops turned up and warned the father who obviously disagreed with the cops and refused to take the action suggested by the police, who just wanted to defuse the situation. the police did the right thing and confiscated the bike. sad for the little girl but what message has her parents sent to her over all this. the police to my knowlege never suggested that this was under the hoon laws. (unless matt white from today tonight is the new police commisioner). all this could have been avoided if the father treated the police with respect and took a warning instead of being an *** about it. end rant...
What rubbish. The only lesson that girl needs to learn is that you can't do anything you want to without someone looking over your shoulder or fining you, in this country. She needs to learn that it isn't free and it's not lucky here anymore. Those days are long gone.

Everyone seems to miss the point. She is doing absolutely no harm riding a tiny motorised bike around a park. Jesus. Where does it stop? Do we stop everything considered unsafe? Or just put a tax on and attach fines to it?

Why is it so wrong these days? When I was here age I was riding unsupervised the same bikes around foresty tracks. The generation before me did the same and worse.
Old 15-08-2009, 11:20 PM   #46
satria
FOXWHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy
Hell that'd peeve me of no end having to put up with motor bikes running up and down a park in suburbia, too right the parents are irresponible, damn inconciderate of their fellow neighbours too!!
lol!

it's only a pee wee 49cc! it's not exactly as loud as a harley! i've got no issues with kids riding little motorbikes on parks, as long as they are being sensible and not riding closely around other little kids i don't think anyone has a right to tell them not to.
Old 15-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #47
Redmund
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by satria
lol!

it's only a pee wee 49cc! it's not exactly as loud as a harley! i've got no issues with kids riding little motorbikes on parks, as long as they are being sensible and not riding closely around other little kids i don't think anyone has a right to tell them not to.
He probably hates the sound of a carb fed V8 too. No wonder the country is stuffed. It's full of people like him!
Old 15-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #48
davids_gxl

I have got issues with little kids riding little motorbikes on parks. Parks are not for motorbike rides.
Old 16-08-2009, 07:58 AM   #49
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmund
Everyone seems to miss the point. She is doing absolutely no harm riding a tiny motorised bike around a park...why is it so wrong these days? When I was here age I was riding unsupervised the same bikes around foresty tracks.
Well, they are encroaching on the reasonable peace and quiet of other people that also live in their community.

See, when you live in the community you have a responsibility to not deliberately annoy anyone else...just as you would expect other people to not deliberately annoy you, would you not agree? If they (she) were not annoying anyone, the plod would not have turned up.

And 'forresty tracks', as opposed to a PUBLIC PARK? hmmm...

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
Old 16-08-2009, 08:12 AM   #50
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

With some of the opinions voiced here no wonder we are so squashed with rules and draconian measures of enforcement. I find it incredibly offensive that a first offence for anything can result in possible forfeiture of goods etc. That is just so totally wrong, and if you can't see that then you are a gormless idiot that will swallow whatever the sensationalist kneejerk responses to everything that policy makers that live in some fantasy land make.
Old 16-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #51
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmund
What rubbish. The only lesson that girl needs to learn is that you can't do anything you want to without someone looking over your shoulder or fining you, in this country. She needs to learn that it isn't free and it's not lucky here anymore. Those days are long gone.
Strange place The Peoples Republic of Victoria. Might move to PNG or Canada. Will Canada take Aussie refugees?
Old 16-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #52
hame
Banned

Yet another example of the Australian way of life slowly but surely being eroded away.
Old 16-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #53
BlackLS
yum

Bloody hell she is 5. The thing would be as loud as a whipper-snipper. No more dangerous than a pushbike.

Old 16-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #54
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
The full article in the paper stated the police use discression in these matters, one would think the parents attitude when confronted may have influenced the outcome.
Thats the whole issue right there..

I have been in the same situation, and simply packed up and apologised as soon as a neighbor complained, went and found a new spot and all was good.
Old 16-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #55
mcnews
Trev

Perhaps, if it has been reported correctly.... The Victorian press is so pro police and pro government that it might as well be called government and police daily rather than the Herald etc.
Old 16-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #56
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Perhaps, if it has been reported correctly.... The Victorian press is so pro police and pro government that it might as well be called government and police daily rather than the Herald etc.
I wouldn't say that all the press is but the Herald Sun definitely is.

Unless of course they smell blood, all allegiances are dropped then.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 16-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #57
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well at the end of the day it is illegal to ride a motorbike (regardless of size) in a park. If they were given a warning and tried to argue instead of moving on, then good on the cops for seizing the bike. Sorry for the girl who didn't know better.
Old 16-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #58
mcnews
Trev

It is now illegal to have your car lowered as much as yours is without engineering approval etc. which I think now classifies you as a hoon, your insurance is moot etc. etc.

Great these laws aren't they....?
Old 16-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #59
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

I fondly remember the days that we laughed at the Americans for being too litigious...

Of the two countries, who can still shoot, drive modified cars and parents can raise their kids the way they want? Here is a hint, it was the home of a wise man who once said

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Old 16-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #60
Brendo_GSUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
Thats the whole issue right there..

I have been in the same situation, and simply packed up and apologised as soon as a neighbor complained, went and found a new spot and all was good.
Me too. You just have to concider others in society.

I was in a similar situation with my petrol RC car. i simply moved on but my mate who had one too got cheeky and defensive to the cops and consequently got a move on notice then a disturbing the peace fine and IMO lucky not to get more after letting his EGO get in the way of being told what to do by someone who in the end is there for his own good. So it just goes to show how attitude goes along way with people, a skill some never seem to learn!

As for the girl on the bike what if she lost control? Hurt her self? Collided with a pram? Her parents would no doubt sue the council in a heartbeat driving up taxes etc paving the way for new signs and stricter rules on what you can and cant bring to a park ETC.

To draw a comparison, golfing is now banned at parks (in WA anyway) why koz you kicking the footy 100m away form some guy "teeing off" will pretty well hurt you if you are hit also there are proper facilities for golf.

Its a near identical situation to the girl on the bike there are proper facilities for her to go riding and given the police force in Vic i think the 5yr old was lucky not to get shot or tazed.
Closed Thread