Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-04-2005, 11:13 PM   #31
XRQTOR
Banned

I missed it really wanted to see it to. Does anyone have a copy they can post up for those who missed it.

In sydney the cops are cracking down hard, 2 weeks ago about 1oo coppers hit orange grove maccas/crispy cream where well over 3oo modded cars were. I slipped out just as they shut the lights down and closed the road (Cumberland highway). There's two unmarked police vans that turn up first with rather large coppers who aren't scared to flog these big mouths, 1o-15 in each van and they get out wack on the leather gloves and target the show offs and trouble makers. Its the 3rd time iv'e seen them in action and these vans = run and run fast.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 11:16 PM   #32
XRQTOR
Banned

Also what state was it in, hope it wasn't sydney.

I never mouth off at/to a copper unless they give me shit first. It's one thing to get the general rountine but when they start being smart about what you drive or making personal comments abot you and your car game over you get what you give.
Old 27-04-2005, 11:22 PM   #33
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Also what state was it in, hope it wasn't sydney.
Yeh it was Sydney, down at The Rocks. There was also some videos from Melbourne too.

One thing I don't get though, is why the hell did they include the story about the double murders at The Rocks a few weeks ago in this HOON story? Are they trying to say these HOONS are responsible, coz the police and investigators say different. IT WAS NOT HOON RELATED!!!
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 11:46 PM   #34
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmansour
Yeh it was Sydney, down at The Rocks. There was also some videos from Melbourne too.

One thing I don't get though, is why the hell did they include the story about the double murders at The Rocks a few weeks ago in this HOON story? Are they trying to say these HOONS are responsible, coz the police and investigators say different. IT WAS NOT HOON RELATED!!!
There is no way there was drag racing down the rocks, the longest road is about 25o m long. Unless theres a hidden street ive never seen before.
Old 27-04-2005, 11:51 PM   #35
boss428
bossman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
There is no way there was drag racing down the rocks, the longest road is about 25o m long. Unless theres a hidden street ive never seen before.
hikson rd where the wharfs are is about 1.5 km of straight rd....
Drivers
:eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_
boss428 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 12:00 AM   #36
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

also the cops are not pickn on just hoons. they are pickn on enthuiasts who havent done a thing wrong. i wish these shows would show the public that enthuiasts arent hoons. instead they show the dickheads at these meets loudmouthing who make out everyone who has a modded car a hoon.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 12:08 AM   #37
Pik0

But that doesn't make good TV does it...
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 12:10 AM   #38
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
Restrict the MF's to South Western Sydney, that'll do... fence up the neighbourhoods and don't let em out. There we go, 98% of Sydney's crime is solved!!!!
I reckon go one better. Build a brick wall around the area, give it a roof, then fill it with water.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 12:21 AM   #39
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

most of this is concentrated on NSW. its not as a big problem in canberra though. but it goes without saying there is a majority of dickheads in canberra lol. any canberra dude will tell you where the racing is at- Hume! now for all the people who dont know what hume is its sorta a small industrial estate with 2 ways to go in and out. the cops block both ends and your ****ed.

and theres also a place called braddon (this is a area in the city where its busy as hell mind you). it used to be packed but the cops have pretty much shut it down. not completely but a lot has changed. so thats where the cops stance has worked. maybe they need to take some tips from ACT cops.
Old 28-04-2005, 12:52 AM   #40
gtfpv
GT

THE THING THAT ****ES ME BIG TIME ABOUT THIS IS THE MEDIA AND POLITICIANS are bigger dickheads than these guys and they target them and then they use it as an excuse to punish everybody and raise revenue. END OF STORY......
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 12:53 AM   #41
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Or do like Adelaide has done, Remove ALL carparks. Try and find a decent carpark with a nice view of the bay or city to relax with friends and your doing well!!

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 01:01 AM   #42
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if they wanted to save lives and insist they are not revenue raising then why dont the governments build more drag ways and tracks. if the emphasis is on saving lives then thats what they should be doing. its not a cure but it helps. they could also get money from it while enthuiasts have fun in a safer place. it would also get a vast majority off the governments back i believe. its a win win.
Old 28-04-2005, 01:27 AM   #43
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

DAMN, that was really shocking.... I dont understand why the lebanese and turkish (they made it quite obvious who they were) put such a bad name to their heritage. I do know some lebanese people that are good people, and hate these idiots that do this....

On the cop issue, i have had experiences with cops, and as an enthusiast, i have only ever met total jerks (not to say all are)... but they showed no friendliness, nothing... even though we did not say or do one thing wrong... it was just because we had a P plate on the back of the car. Why not try what cops in Scotland do... check out strathycruise.com and have a look at the cops... they create a safe environment and have all car enthusiasts in a carpark and even bring along their own cars to show off, but of course, if someone does something stupid, then they must act, its the law. But P platers and people driving loud cars shouldn't be instantly labelled a "hoon"... we are not, we are car enthusiasts, and we are just admiring our cars and other people's cars.... but i do am 100% with the cops on giving out tickets to people that do the wrong thing, and people that disrespect police officers. I agree, the police need more rights and power over these loud mouths.

I sometimes worry about these people smashing into my car... i reckon they would take off or do some sort of road rage...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 01:34 AM   #44
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
On the cop issue, i have had experiences with cops, and as an enthusiast, i have only ever met total jerks (not to say all are)... but they showed no friendliness, nothing... even though we did not say or do one thing wrong... it was just because we had a P plate on the back of the car.

.... But P platers and people driving loud cars shouldn't be instantly labelled a "hoon"... we are not, we are car enthusiasts, and we are just admiring our cars and other people's cars...
i feel your pain lol. i cannot tell you how many times i get the dirty look from cops with my exhaust. ive had a cop do a u turn following me to my house. theyve tried to defect me and no result. 100% legal. its the inconvience thats a bastard
Old 28-04-2005, 01:48 AM   #45
AUIIIXR8
Formerly AU2XLSV8

Yes they are D!ck heads but once again a current affair doesn't tell the whole story. They openly linked car enthusiasts to street races and to a murder without backing it up by even saying that car enthusiasts or street racers did it or car enthusiasts/street racers were killed.
A few weeks ago they had a nasty block who ruined a rental with X number of dogs. They were having a go at the realestate agent, making him defend himself on T.V. but not once did they mention how long it took the guy to destroy the home. They blame a group or person but leave out important details.
I don't agree with the ****ers on T.V. tonight nor the ******* with far too many dogs. However i'd like ACA to tell the whole story and not leave out important info or making staements that mislead peope. Not everyone with a hotted up car is a lebo that wants cops dead.
It also portrayed the week approach that the cops had. I bet if i on my own went out and said those thing to the local sergent i'd be charged. Wheres the backup and why are the obviously violent, possibly drug abusing idiots that probably couldn't proove how they got the $ for thier rides not being rehabilitated.... Oh thats right they are left for someone like you or me to walk past them and glance at them the wrong way and end up missing teeth or worse.
And to any police or future Police that read this: YOU MUST MAKE A CONTINUED EFFORT TO EARN RESPECT IN THE COMMUNITY. Most cops act as if they are on one team and everyone else is on another. Most cops wont even look at you when they speak, even when they are simply breath testing you. Those fools on t.v. are the end result of a justice system that has lost it's way and will only get worse.
I've had cops refer to my ute a a peice of shit. "What are you doing here with this peice of shit". I was driving back from the city after dinner with friends. Wait till i start talking like an ******** before you start next time officer. They think that because they are on the blue team (and i'm not) and that i have a loud exhaust i can't answer back when they talk like that. As i said above 'earn some respect'.

Past
EL 6 S/C - sold
AUII XLS V8 Stroker - sold
99' Laser (runabout) - sold
BA Fairmont - sold
AU III XR8 220 - sold (so should have kept this one)
AU III XLS Tickford 6 - sold

Formerly AU2XLSV8

Last edited by AUIIIXR8; 28-04-2005 at 01:56 AM.
AUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 01:56 AM   #46
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol yeah i reckon if a lot of these people got audited they would find some have hotted up rides due to illegal activities. but then again some people work very hard to pay for their cars only to have cops pick on them. or some are just filthy rich $$$$$$$.
Old 28-04-2005, 02:07 AM   #47
K1W1 Dave
Still alive & kicking

They all looked & talked like thugs & it's these people that give us a bad name
Things like this happen then we drive down the road & get stoped by the cops.
Old 28-04-2005, 07:52 AM   #48
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Why the hell are you watching this shyte ppl???

You're encouraging them. STOP IT NOW. It's all a load of bollocks. There is nothing newsworthy. There is nothing unbiased. It's like listening to John Laws and Alan Jones... and taking them as the only truth.

Turn onto SBS at 6.30pm ffs, find out what's REALLY happening in the world.

(*Bindi shakes her head in wonder...*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 08:10 AM   #49
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I live in Brisbane Qld,
I must say this to add to the argument.
I have NEVER EVER met a cop that was not courteous and professional during any dealings I have had with them, be that being booked for 45 in a 40 klm zone 3 minutes before the school zone ended. (yes it was MY fault 100%)
or when they came when called the time I got held up at a service station.
I don't know what you guys are talking about cops that think they are on one team.
I'm sorry I disagree.
Old 28-04-2005, 08:49 AM   #50
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

The cops have a very hard job indeed ... my fiancee's brother is a Police Officer stationed at Blacktown in western Sydney .. and hell ... some of the stuff he has to deal with is bad enough ... I have heard some shocking stories.

Car hoons are nothing to them ... they just take the abuse ... literally ignoring all the threats yelled at them. The Police pull over the people acting stupid on the road, no 2 ways about it. If you act like an idiot on the road ... you deserve to get pulled over.

I have had a quick convo with an RBT cop before ... he commented on my previous car (fairly modified) ... I just said I was a car enthusiast ... and attend car club days and the odd track day here and there. He said it's good to see a sensible person driving a modified car. He agreed it's the idiots out there that give everyone a bad name ... he didn't even think twice about defecting me for being too low ... loud exhaust ... superwhite/blue headlights ... etc.

Just be nice to the coppers ... and they will be nice back to you.

If they aren't ... get their name ... rank ... station details ... the time of the incident where he/she was arrogant/abusive ... and then you right to the Police Ombudsman and demand action in regards to it. (I have never had to do this myself though). But you are entitled to do so (my "future" brother-in-law told me this as a Police Officer ... cos they don't want a bad name themselves)
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 09:09 AM   #51
EFFalcon
Last warning

is this a weekly story for ACA now?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 09:14 AM   #52
Simmo
White Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
I live in Brisbane Qld,
I have NEVER EVER met a cop that was not courteous and professional during any dealings I have had with them, be that being booked for 45 in a 40 klm zone 3 minutes before the school zone ended. (yes it was MY fault 100%)
I don't know what you guys are talking about cops that think they are on one team.
I'm sorry I disagree.
i totally agree. all the times ive pulled up/fined they have always said sir, please and thanks and have a good day when they left me. they shit me with their speed cams but i cannot fault them in dealing with the public.

and those lebs need to be sent back to lebanon. they have no ****ing idea how sweet they have it here. back there they'd be rocking a coffin not a pimped up POS.

Last edited by Simmo; 28-04-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 09:39 AM   #53
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

To quote a friend of mine who's a copper....
"There are 2 types of police, 1: Cops - these are the guys that use their discretion before acting and very rarely get bitched about by Johnny Public, 2: Pigs - the ones everyone bitches about, including the police themselves." This guy is with the NSW Tactical dog teams working in Inner/South Western Sydney and is one of the poor buggers that have to deal with these same idiots everyday.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 10:49 AM   #54
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derb
ithey have always said sir, please and thanks and have a good day when they left me.
They might say it... but do they look at you when saying it and really mean it? most have this attitude in their voice and you havent even done anything wrong....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #55
dzynafalcon
Grafik Dzyna

i have nothing but respect and admiration for those cops on tv last night. those cops would have been just itching to beat the crap out of those scum bags, and it took a hell of a lot of guts and restraint to just walk away. onya fellas.
but i do agree that not enough is being done about the idiots doing stupid things on the road, then having the nerve to call themselves "car enthusiasts!" what crap. people that are truly car enthusiasts would not be doing burnouts in crowded car parks, main streets etc. they would be more likely to have their cars on the strip, in car shows, or just crusing slowly down the street showing everyone they have a nice car. if the cops are truly serious about cleaning up the streets and re-gaining control once and for all, then i think its time to get tough. no more measley fines or multiple warnings for burnouts in public areas, dangerous driving, or violent and abusive behaviour towards cops and other road users; give them two warnings, then next offence-straight to the impound lot for the d!ckheads car. doesnt get it back for 1 month. second time: 6 months, third time: car gets sold and owner doesnt get a cent for its sale. if you behave like a d!ck in your car, then you deserve to have it taken off you.
dzynafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 12:36 PM   #56
dzynafalcon
Grafik Dzyna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
They might say it... but do they look at you when saying it and really mean it? most have this attitude in their voice and you havent even done anything wrong....
judging by your response, am i correct in guessing you're a cop???
dzynafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 12:58 PM   #57
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
I live in Brisbane Qld,
I'm sorry I disagree.
Ditto. Can't say I've ever had a cop be a smartarse to me in any of the car's I've driven, even after being caught doing stupid things.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 01:00 PM   #58
Yellow Fire
Cleveland Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
To quote a friend of mine who's a copper....
"There are 2 types of police, 1: Cops - these are the guys that use their discretion before acting and very rarely get bitched about by Johnny Public, 2: Pigs - the ones everyone bitches about, including the police themselves." This guy is with the NSW Tactical dog teams working in Inner/South Western Sydney and is one of the poor buggers that have to deal with these same idiots everyday.
I've been told the same thing. I was talking to a cop at a car show & I had a little dig at him about the "random" checkpoints they conduct every year that just happen to coincide with Summernats.

His response? "Those guys aren't real cops, they're just bullies & revenue rasiers. Real cops hate those guys. Hell, they even hate themselves".
Yellow Fire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #59
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

How did this become a cop bashing exercise. The cops in that story held themselves together very well. I don't know many people that would take that abuse and not react to it in some way. If their reaction is that they then target these cars in future, then the "hoons" only have themselves to blame. But really, anyone driving their cars in the way those "hoons" did, deserves everything they get. From the cops, and from the rest of us.

I would even go so far as to say that when you (forum members) see people behaving in this manner with their cars, it might be worth calling the police - if we can stamp out the idiot element, then the bad name the rest of us get labelled with should disappear.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 28-04-2005 at 01:09 PM.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #60
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Maybe they needed to turn the camera's off and have some cop nightstick justice with the hoons.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post