Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #31
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

not counting the VN SS I went to a formal in, which felt slugish anyway and the diff clunked like crazy, MY first taste of a 'real' car was Peuty's AU XR8

Now THAT THING has some GRUNT!

Many thanks once again for getting me hooked on a car that can drain my wallet faster than the fuel tank :P
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #32
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_au
not counting the VN SS I went to a formal in, which felt slugish anyway and the diff clunked like crazy, MY first taste of a 'real' car was Peuty's AU XR8

Many thanks once again for getting me hooked on a car that can drain my wallet faster than the fuel tank :P
Windsor V8 powa
Old 25-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #33
bingoTE50
Steve

130mph in a XT GT when I was 15 ( passenger) was unbelievable ,considering I was used to putting around in my old manns VC valiant slant six.
The noise was sensational ,the four barrells trying to suck the world in,the old Wheezer screaming ,and that roar from the exhausts,and the old girl bouncing up down like a pogo stick ,tied down like naughty boy at a BDSM club....
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #34
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsau
Kinda a pretty lame post but the smile this thing put on my face was unreal. Yes sorry to all of you but it was a holden Senator Signiture (only a crappy auto at that). All i can say is this I really want to put a V8 in my wagon asap.

It managed to chirp the tyres going from 1st to 2nd. Had me wanting more and more and more. Not too sure but suspect it may not be stock. I hope my wagon will one day do the same.

Damn nice vehicles those HSV's!. DOn't care if your Ford or Holden, you can't deny Holden know how to make a V8.

That was only a VY Senny, too. You try the VZ ... My mates Dad has a VE Senator in a manual. Cam, Supercharger, Tunes, ect.......

Dear God :
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #35
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
Damn nice vehicles those HSV's!. DOn't care if your Ford or Holden, you can't deny Holden know how to make a V8.
No, Chevy does! :thebirds:
block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #36
Lewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3

That was only a VY Senny, too. You try the VZ ... My mates Dad has a VE Senator in a manual. Cam, Supercharger, Tunes, ect.......

Dear God :

Wow you are way off!! Holden wouldent have a clue how to make a good V8 but Chev dose... Holden haven't built any of there own motors since the VL
Old 27-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #37
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well to be fair they did build their own 5.0 Litre V8 up until the series 1 VT finnished its run.

They only started using the LS1 at the start of the VT Model.

Note: also dont confuse this for Holden sympathising, just pedantic about facts :P

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #38
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewy
Wow you are way off!! Holden wouldent have a clue how to make a good V8 but Chev dose... Holden haven't built any of there own motors since the VL
Don't only mean the engine. But the actual vehicle itself ...
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #39
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_au
MY first taste of a 'real' car was Peuty's AU XR8

Mate you need a ride in my ol' AU :P
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #40
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Err...... I don't think so.

The VK 1985 model year was the end of the line for the Holden in line six.

The VT series one 1998 model year was the end of the line for the Australian designed and built V8 engine.

Funnily enough the last Holden V8 off the line, was destined to be a 5.7 Litre Holden stroker that is still highly sought after by enthusiasts.

Its quite a similar story to how Ford gave the venerable Windsor a fitting sign off with the Tickford 5.6 Stroker in the T3 series.

Both unreal engines, and in serious cars.
calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #41
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

Quote:

and the VL was a nissan motor in th 6's anyways
Old 27-04-2010, 10:15 PM   #42
tick6vct
AU-XR-S3-VCT

1992 subaru legacy with a 99 wrx sti motor running 18psi with coilovers and a few bits of electronic gizmos as well including nice a sticky yokos at each corner....quick in a straight line (had three people in it and flogged a mates baxr8) and could probably destroy just about anything i can think of through corners...was scoopin the poo outa pants after a ride in that
Old 27-04-2010, 10:29 PM   #43
Cam
Stroking it...

First quick car I went in was a TX3 turbo laser, ran 20psi, lit up all 4 tyres with ease, man I was scared...

To this day, I still want one.. heh
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #44
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

My TS50 stock /auto will chirp the tyre on the 1-2 change on a dry road.

But that not it. There are plenty of XR6T's and probably every F6 will the TS its taillights, but the sound and the throttle response make it a fun drive regardless. My fairlane would be lucky to run a 17 down the quater yet is still fun.

Get a V8 and cruze and enjoy and when the $$$ allow build it like like Kevs ute. Because the only thing better than a cruzy V8 is a wild one.
Old 28-04-2010, 12:29 AM   #45
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
My TS50 stock /auto will chirp the tyre on the 1-2 change on a dry road.

But that not it. There are plenty of XR6T's and probably every F6 will the TS its taillights, but the sound and the throttle response make it a fun drive regardless. My fairlane would be lucky to run a 17 down the quater yet is still fun.

Get a V8 and cruze and enjoy and when the $$$ allow build it like like Kevs ute. Because the only thing better than a cruzy V8 is a wild one.

Too true mate too true. Only problem is my diff is showing signs of wear. So i am either contemplating a 9inch conversion in preperation for what will come or the V8 conversion (still not ready yet as i need to do a bit more research first) and hope the diff holds up. I am studying at uni so funds are kinda tight but more importantly time is very limited.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 07:47 AM   #46
Lewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by POELWYK
and the VL was a nissan motor in th 6's anyways

Yes I know this I had a very nice VL when I was young

Last edited by Lewy; 28-04-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Lewy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post