Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #31
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I must be lucky, mine is ok.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 12:25 AM   #32
SVR73
Mr Polish

g'day smurfy. will be seeing you in may

Them BA brakes look nice
I'm currently running original single piston calipers with DBA 4000 slotted rotors and EBC greenstuffs and once I put in braided brake lines and new set of the current rotor/pad combo and put in the motul dot 5.1 fluid, that will do me fine

sure it would be nice to fill up the 18 (soon 19) inch wheels more with bigger brakes but I am very easy on brakes, dont do track work and it will never be shown except maybe FPV day 2012
I slow down using the trans and engine and just lift off and roll in gently to traffic lights etc and on spirited runs,I put the trans in 2nd, back off, get to the middle of the corner and gun it out. the car sticks to the road like glue

it stops well and has nice pedal travel. pedal is not a brick but its not a sponge either

My reason for not changing the front end to S2 is I prefer AU1 xr handling abilities over AU2 to 3 which is different setup and not as sharp.
Old 22-01-2011, 01:01 AM   #33
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know that you all have been talking about the front calipers on here,but I was wondering if anyone can give me some info on the BF rear calipers.
I'm led to believe that the BF2 rear vented brakes will fit on an AU1 IRS but you have to put a 3mm spacer between them and the housing.
If this is correct, has anyone made up a bracket of some sort rather than using washers for this. Also do the calipers bolt straight on to the housing or is a bracket used to bring them out to the 330mm rotors.
Any info would be helpfull.