Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
You don’t seem to have a firm grasp on the English language or you chose to ignore the very next sentence....

Old 07-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
b055m4n

XWGT ....mate...you should an add for FPV that's better than what they come up with.
b055m4n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT
Once upon a time while considering a career change I thought I might like to own an FPV dealership.........or be associated with the performance automotive industry in some way

However, having seen the reaction in the media to most articles revealing what is probably the greatest performance vehicle ever produced in Australia, and pretty high up the tree on a world stage, I think I'd rather stay at home under the covers!

Some of the comments from the public just defy belief. Ranging from totally ill informed, to totally antagonistic, you would have to wonder whether these people are for real of simply marketing stunts from opposing camps marketing departments.

Comments such as......."superior euro build quality.......handling and performance" which is complete rubbish, to "The Audi S6 is only $160,000.....not much more than a Falcon" just make you shake your head and wonder what the hell these people are on......and if they actually believe what they are talking about? One person was even comparing it to a VW Gold for christs sake and suggesting it was a superior buy. Hello?????????????

I genuinely feel sorry for the FPV team at times. If thats the true nature of the market your trying to sell into I can only sympathise and suggest some panadol and a box of tissues.

I for one think the new car while visually "challenging" is probably the best mechanical offering from Oz ever...........I hope you get some just rewards and market respect you deserve for your acheivement with this engine.
without reading any replies as of yet , i feel this post is over exagerrated, there are many choice of vehicles to choose from , whilst car manufacturers may be interested about someone disliking they're product, i think they are aiming at the person looking for such a car, not someone with a comment
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Oh please. New Zealand is in a class of it's own, not close enough to be part of Australia, but not really far enough away to count as an export. I want to see the Falcon in the UK and USA.

Back on topic, I agree with the OP. FPV have dominated the local market for big performance vehicles, and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future at almost zero ongoing cost.

This was an ingenious plan from FPV which appears to have worked out quite well. As an added bonus, those of us with the bluest of blood now have access the worlds fastest 4 door car for under $85K. If that's not in the true spirit of the GTHO then I don't know what is.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 388cube_edxr8
Oh please. New Zealand is in a class of it's own, not close enough to be part of Australia, but not really far enough away to count as an export. I want to see the Falcon in the UK and USA.

Back on topic, I agree with the OP. FPV have dominated the local market for big performance vehicles, and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future at almost zero ongoing cost.

This was an ingenious plan from FPV which appears to have worked out quite well. As an added bonus, those of us with the bluest of blood now have access the worlds fastest 4 door car for under $85K. If that's not in the true spirit of the GTHO then I don't know what is.
So New Zealand is not a foreign country....

Sort of like:

The cheque is in the mail.
It tastes like icecream, honest.
No your bum does not look big in that.
We are from the Government, we are here to help you.
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

But the "world's fastest 4 door car for under $85K"..... WHAT?

So what is the world's fastest 5 door hybrid FWD orange LHD auto transmission brown interior car for under $67,254.35?

I will be away for a while, I am watching the Commonwealth games to find out who is the fastest runner the the world with red hair........

Last edited by flappist; 08-10-2010 at 09:46 AM.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I will be away for a while, I am watching the Commonwealth games to find out who is the fastest runner the the world with red hair........
That won't take long...
They don't have many heats to qualify in - as there's only about 6 competitors...

Though - I'd suggest watching Bathurst this afternoon on 7 will be much more entertaining...
Old 08-10-2010, 12:43 AM   #7
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How do you get a small fortune in the car game?

Start with a big one.

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post