Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #31
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
Well, when you can get an NA XR6 for $36k on the road I can see why XT's aren't selling....Its high time they dropped the XT and made the XR6 the entry level model with the XR8 and XR6T the performance variants

Call me old fashioned, but I remember when XR6 was a 'premium' model, above the poverty packaged GLi, and Forte. Perhaps they should re name XT, R6, like the Utes. That way, there is a difference in specification between the bottom if the line (for fleets), and XR6 for the 'Novated Lease' brigade.

I should add, I've had three XR6 Falcons. Two EFs, and one AUIII.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2009, 07:46 AM   #32
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Call me old fashioned, but I remember when XR6 was a 'premium' model, above the poverty packaged GLi, and Forte. Perhaps they should re name XT, R6, like the Utes. That way, there is a difference in specification between the bottom if the line (for fleets), and XR6 for the 'Novated Lease' brigade.

I should add, I've had three XR6 Falcons. Two EFs, and one AUIII.

Yep I remember that too...In the EB through AU the XR badge was the premium model a cut above the GLi and Forte and most having the Tickford engine I believe...IF they were to drop the XT and have teh XR as the base model then I'd say they'd have to add a few more goodies to the XR8 and XR6T to widen the gap between those and the NA XR6 as the engine alone won't cut it
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #33
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
Yep, in that regard, Ford won by 100 odd units in May 2009.
I wouldn't be claiming victory just yet. At least GMH have an (although reduced) export market.

Things will get interesting for Falcon & Commodore when Focus & Cruze are manufactured locally.
R-Design is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #34
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315
I wouldn't be claiming victory just yet. At least GMH have an (although reduced) export market.

Things will get interesting for Falcon & Commodore when Focus & Cruze are manufactured locally.
The Falcon won't be FoA's breadwinner anymore. It will be relegated to niche luxury/performance status only.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #35
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I am still weary of Cruze going ahead, something tells me that Mr Rudd will have to promise a few more dollars before that happens. For Cruze to be released next year they should already have prototype builds completed. And I know for a fact that Holden have not received any Cruze tooling nor have they ordered tooling to create the unique Australian front end either.......
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #36
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
The Falcon won't be FoA's breadwinner anymore. It will be relegated to niche luxury/performance status only.
I've also noticed Ford has taken a more serious look at Mondeo with this update. With a full Hatch and Wagon range working its way into Falcon "territory", it will be interesting to see if the Oz market takes an interest. If it does, I don't like Falcon's chances come 2015.

I posted this in the Mondeo area yesterday:

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...2575DA001D7271
Old 21-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #37
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
I am still weary of Cruze going ahead, something tells me that Mr Rudd will have to promise a few more dollars before that happens. For Cruze to be released next year they should already have prototype builds completed. And I know for a fact that Holden have not received any Cruze tooling nor have they ordered tooling to create the unique Australian front end either.......
You've got:

1. GM bust in the US;
2. GM Daewoo with $1B in it's pocket if production is shifted to Korea, and;
3. No proof that the Cruze will sell in Australia (Viva was a flop after all) as it's a unknown quantity here, in a very competitive segment.

I see your point, but K Rudd'll be crying if it doesn't after all the grandstanding they've been doing over their involvement in the deal.

If it doesn't go through they might as well shut the gates now.
Old 21-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #38
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And it has to compete with the Camry which is a bloody good car, it may be boring and void of life but it is also a proven entity.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #39
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32

Have Ford received any of the Tooling for Focus? I understand that Focus is at least a year away, however it can't be long before Ford get some of the tooling. Re-arranging Broadmeadows won't happen over night.
Old 21-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #40
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:

Interestingly I have had three mature aged female friends make comment on how nice the Cruze looks in the past week. Both the Focus and the Cruze are just any other small car to me, but the forward marketing seems to be working for Holden.... seems.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #41
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Interestingly I have had three mature aged female friends make comment on how nice the Cruze looks in the past week. Both the Focus and the Cruze are just any other small car to me, but the forward marketing seems to be working for Holden.... seems.
I've said this before I all say it again.. Cruze is not even in dealers yet & I've seen a 1,000 adds for it. The new Focus has been in dealers for well over a month & I have not even seen one add yet!! Ford marketing are bloody hopeless
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2009, 12:30 AM   #42
BFZ Wagon
Formerly All Wheel Drive

Unfortunately, that Holwoo Cruze has been at a local dealership on the Gold Coast for a few weeks. They've been putting it on display with a big ad on the side of it advertising that their new 'cub' has arrived. I've also seen a couple of them driving down the road. It looks weird. Give me a Focus any day.

Sorry if I went off topic.
Old 22-06-2009, 12:37 AM   #43
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I've said this before I all say it again.. Cruze is not even in dealers yet & I've seen a 1,000 adds for it. The new Focus has been in dealers for well over a month & I have not even seen one add yet!! Ford marketing are bloody hopeless
Cruze is at dealers.

I have seen a number on the road. Ford aren't advertising Focus yet, as, among other things, Focus supply isn't good. Give Ford another month, and we will start to see Focus advertised.

Holden have a stockpile of Cruze, and are bombarding TV to prove this.
Old 22-06-2009, 01:44 AM   #44
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Are you sure the Cruze is made in Korea? I thought only the Chinese copied other makers; the front is a rip-off of the Honda V6 Accord, and the back lights, Civic.

It doesn't have any "Holden" or "GM" in it as far as I can see. Then again that's only something old bags couldn't care less about.
Old 22-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #45
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Cruze is at dealers.

I have seen a number on the road. Ford aren't advertising Focus yet, as, among other things, Focus supply isn't good. Give Ford another month, and we will start to see Focus advertised.

Holden have a stockpile of Cruze, and are bombarding TV to prove this.
Makes sense, but I agree with a previous poster about the ads for the cruze. The vibe I get from it is that it is already being produced in Australia. So I'm guessing it's just another Holwoo.

Quote: