Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-10-2005, 12:36 PM   #31
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_jaypee
I suppose fat slobs who dont care about keeping fit or building up their bodys wouldnt though.
Go to a fitness forum or something, guys are always talking about guys with ideal bodies and comparing.
i've been doing weights for years now and am a pretty strick diet / training person myself. i don't compare myself to other guys, neither do a lot of the guys at the gym... we do have a laugh at the guys who do (stand infront of mirrors etc) ... they're the usualy try hards... one guy comes in every week, does about 3 machines in 10 minutes, checks himself out in the mirror and walks out... a few others who tend to be there one week and not the next are always strutting around in singlets etc - then of course they use machines incorrectly / dangerously and try to lift way is what beyond them - cause they're there to impress..

i guess it's ok to have something you want to aspire to, but if you're worried about comparing to other guys all the time, then you're training to the wrong reasons - it should be a healthy lifestyle choice...

if you wanna get ripped, that's fine... just understand, 'fat slobs' won't give two s**ts about how ripped you think you look out:

i'm not having a go at ya, but to many guys feel 'fat', ugly or not normal when they aren't - because they have unrealistic goals set by body builders and professional athletes. I've just found in my experience that people who chase these 'idealistic' bodies - always end up disapointed in the end. Then again, we do have an obesity problem in Aus - so whatever gets people changing their lifesyles to be more healthy can't be a bad thing.

I just guess I'm worried like buickman and a few others - that people will start dangerous diets, bad eating habbits and think 3% body fat is actually healthy! to much wrong information is out there and can give people unhealthy goals...

Last edited by Deadman; 23-10-2005 at 06:52 PM.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #32
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Yeah but we are talking about getting a ripped body not brain development.
I was talking about priorities, or what could actually of some benefit!!

If I need to "lift things heavy" I'll use the bobcat.

Enough of the Fat Slob comments, if you cannot support your arguements without resorting to name calling others, then its likely you have no valid arguement to offer. Please show respect for those with viewpoints contrary to your own narrow outloook!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 12:53 PM   #33
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
.................................................. .... I just guess I'm worried like buickman and a few others - that people will start dangerous diets, bad eating habbits and think 3% body fat is actually healthy! to much wrong information is out there and can give people unhealthy goals...
Probably the best piece of advice that could be offered on the subject, some of the diets suggested would be more unhealthy than an obese lifestyle, not that I'm suggesting the latter is a good option.
Old 23-10-2005, 12:57 PM   #34
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
I was talking about priorities, or what could actually of some benefit!!

If I need to "lift things heavy" I'll use the bobcat.

Enough of the Fat Slob comments, if you cannot support your arguements without resorting to name calling others, then its likely you have no valid arguement to offer. Please show respect for those with viewpoints contrary to your own narrow outloook!
1 fat slob comment thanks that was it and it wasnt aimed at anybody here.
No need to get all defensive.
Besides what you said is besides the point.
If you need to "lift heavy things" using a bobcat, good chance is a built person wouldnt be able to lift it anyway. :
And you can benefit from being fit/strong. :sm_headba

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
ssj_jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 01:03 PM   #35
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
1 fat slob comment thanks that was it and it wasnt aimed at anybody here.
No need to get all defensive.
Besides what you said is besides the point.
If you need to "lift heavy things" using a bobcat, good chance is a built person wouldnt be able to lift it anyway. :
And you can benefit from being fit/strong. :sm_headba
You can benefit from being smart, you should try it. A pinup-boy physique can often be far from fit and certainly a long way from healthy!

Your fat slob comments are far from necessary and will most likely be taken personally by others. They are not acceptable, nor necessary you have been asked politely before and again on this occasion to refrain from such behavior.
Old 23-10-2005, 01:08 PM   #36
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
You can benefit from being smart, you should try it. A pinup-boy physique can often be far from fit and certainly a long way from healthy!

Your fat slob comments are far from necessary and will most likely be taken personally by others. They are not acceptable, nor necessary you have been asked politely before and again on this occasion to refrain from such behavior.
Okay no more fat slob comments but you are missing the whole point of this thread and going offtopic.
Why hijack the thread?

Mods currently done:
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
Old 23-10-2005, 01:45 PM   #37
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Okay no more fat slob comments but you are missing the whole point of this thread and going offtopic.
Why hijack the thread?
Why post it! You complaints of victimisation have been referred!
Old 23-10-2005, 02:36 PM   #38
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

has anybody seen "the machinist,2004" and "batman biggins,2005" how different does christian bale look in those to movies. I wonder how much work he would have had to do to pull those movies.

in the machinist he was like a twig. That would have taken some work to get that thin
here is a pic

then in probably less then a year build up him self to pull off batman. He is deadicated.

pic here

he looks so different it took me a while to reonise him.

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #39
parawolf
beep beep

Yeah but with that sort of bulk up and down for Christian Bale, that is unhealthy... and even they identify it.
Old 23-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #40
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

WTF is that real??
In the first pic he looks anorexic!
If thats true, has to be the biggest transformation I've ever seen.
He's very muscular in Batman begins. Thats really cool.

Mods currently done:
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
Old 23-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #41
Windsor220
Now Fordless

hey guys

just thought i'd share my own experiences. have been going to the gym this year with a goal to bulk up. First started at a miniscule 57kg and have gotten to 70kg so far. all of that weight has been from the last 5 months. have had heaps of comments from poeple. anybody that is thinking of doing it should definetely do it. my confidence has gone up heaps and i've noticed a lot more respect from friends and others.

that weight gain on christian bale is almost unbelievable
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #42
parawolf
beep beep

It's true about Christian Bale.. but that sort of rapid bulk gain cannot be healthy and would rapidly turn into fat if not carefully checked.
Old 23-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #43
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJLynx
hey guys

just thought i'd share my own experiences. have been going to the gym this year with a goal to bulk up. First started at a miniscule 57kg and have gotten to 70kg so far. all of that weight has been from the last 5 months. have had heaps of comments from poeple. anybody that is thinking of doing it should definetely do it. my confidence has gone up heaps and i've noticed a lot more respect from friends and others.

that weight gain on christian bale is almost unbelievable
Thats awesome!
I'm a petty 62kg and 175cm at the moment. (I blame my very high metabolism)
I've been going to the gym for a month already. I used to go but stopped for awhile.
With my busy schedule its hard for me but I usually try to squeeze in 2-3 times a week gym work with 1-2 hours per session.
I'm already starting to get results.

You're right though, your confidence and self esteem does go up once you get in the routine.
Plus I get nice comments from female friends.
I'm aiming for 70kg by the end of this year. This is a slow process for me but it will definetly pay off.
I've also been eating pretty healthy lately, no fast foods! :

Mods currently done:
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
Old 23-10-2005, 04:40 PM   #44
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Why hijack the thread?
Listen

I am really am tired of your attitude on the forums, and more so towards that of the moderators who have also Pm'd you on several occasions.

Let me make it clear, if you don't like the guidelines the Admins have set for the moderators to follow, then log off, and never return

Next time you hit the radar it wont be a voluntary option.

Last edited by Laminge; 23-10-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 04:42 PM   #45
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Something to remember is genetics make up a huge amount with body building, some people have a big headstart, i have done many years of gym work and had some good gains (83kg to 108kg) the only part i had trouble with was the diet, i can never stay away from pizza and alchohol long enough to look like him, i dare say some celebrities have more help than just chef's and personal trainers too..... :
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 05:58 PM   #46
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Going slightly off-topic... who saw that pic of Mr Olympia 2005 in the Herald Sun yesterday? He looks like he has a neck brace made of muscle, and that he has snakes instead of veins under his skin :S
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #47
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
It's true about Christian Bale.. but that sort of rapid bulk gain cannot be healthy and would rapidly turn into fat if not carefully checked.

Muscle does not and can not turn to fat,

slowing down on the training will cause the muscle to shrink and if you still consume the same calories ,fat will increase, thats why some people think muscle will turn to fat
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 06:02 PM   #48
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Muscle does not and can not turn to fat,

slowing down on the training will cause the muscle to shrink and if you still consume the same calories ,fat will increase, thats why some people think muscle will turn to fat

Yeah you are right... bad use of words on my part.
Old 23-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #49
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
Yeah you are right... bad use of words on my part.
Just thought I'd clear that up for any novices

ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 06:55 PM   #50
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Thats awesome!
I'm a petty 62kg and 175cm at the moment. (I blame my very high metabolism)
I've been going to the gym for a month already. I used to go but stopped for awhile.
With my busy schedule its hard for me but I usually try to squeeze in 2-3 times a week gym work with 1-2 hours per session.
I'm already starting to get results.

You're right though, your confidence and self esteem does go up once you get in the routine.
Plus I get nice comments from female friends.
I'm aiming for 70kg by the end of this year. This is a slow process for me but it will definetly pay off.
I've also been eating pretty healthy lately, no fast foods! :
Dont know how your gonna go trying to get to 70kg before the end of the year but you should get close if you do it right. I also have a high metabolism. The trick is to keep eating and i didnt worry too much about the junk food. i still eat it occasionally. You could give creatine a go aswell. it didnt do much for me but it does work for some people.
Old 23-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #51
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJLynx
Dont know how your gonna go trying to get to 70kg before the end of the year but you should get close if you do it right. I also have a high metabolism. The trick is to keep eating and i didnt worry too much about the junk food. i still eat it occasionally. You could give creatine a go aswell. it didnt do much for me but it does work for some people.
Though Creatine can prove to be useful I did read awhile ago that it can have some damaging side effects down the track.
Not sure how accurate that is though.

Mods currently done:
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
Old 23-10-2005, 08:14 PM   #52
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Though Creatine can prove to be useful I did read awhile ago that it can have some damaging side effects down the track.
give me a couple of years and i'll tell ya
Old 23-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #53
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
exactly.. its the 3 personal trainers, personal chef and other 10 aids that keep you on the striaght and narrow..

not to mention the pending cheque on compltetion of filming! LOL!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #54
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check out http://forum.bodybuilding.com/ for heaps of articles etc on this very matter...
Old 23-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #55
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
not to mention the pending cheque on compltetion of filming!
Hmmm stuff the cheque... get me that fit, and spending a large number of weeks with Jessica Biel in close company.... :
Old 23-10-2005, 09:46 PM   #56
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I dont think we are talking Creatine here.

Try HGH (Human Growth Hormone) or some other high level product like that.

What - are they performance athletes that get tested?? Nope.
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:59 PM   #57
DanXR6T
Eat more peanuts....

Did anyone see the show on TV the other night where this guy was training for 30 days using HGH and testosterone and lots of other pills, combined with exercise, etc.

Anyways after two weeks he was essentially infertile (they did sperm viability tests before and after - 80 million live swimmers vs 0 live swimmers) and had liver function abnormalities.

This program was overseen and recommended by a doctor, yet it proved to be not very healthy. Was an interesting show really.

I occasionally have the odd spurt of doing exercise and eating healthy, mainly bike riding and eating good food, but generally only in several week spurts.

Dan..

Formerly owned:
'99 AU Falcon Ute
'88 EA Falcon GL
DanXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 06:45 AM   #58
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

How did I miss this thread?! Bit of a paper bag job, and you wouldn't want him for the conversation, but still... GodDAMN! :sm_drool: :sm_drool: :sm_drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
exactly.. its the 3 personal trainers, personal chef and other 10 aids that keep you on the striaght and narrow..
And if we had all of that, plus all the time to work out and concentrate on issues that are only skin deep, then yeah we'd all be "perfect". How boring.

Work on the inner you ssj_jaypee, and the inner you will shine outwards. Try to stay fit and healthy but don't get obsessed... men are now developing eating disorders and it hasn't worked for women so why go down that road?

At the beginning of this post, I appreciated his bod but at the same time he doesn't seem to have much brain power, a good sense of humour, or a nice attitude/life outlook.

And I can tell you I'd rather the latter any day. Ripped men are just that, it doesn't make them nicer people. Actually it can make them selfish and arrogant - think of all the "gorgeous" women who can't string a sentence together and all you ever see them eat is lettuce and celery. BORING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 07:00 AM   #59
DanXR6T
Eat more peanuts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
At the beginning of this post, I appreciated his bod but at the same time he doesn't seem to have much brain power, a good sense of humour, or a nice attitude/life outlook.
Care to back that personal attack up?

I know its off topic and so I am hesitant to bring it up, but forming an opinion of this guy from his movies/tv shows/media is a very shallow thing to do and really doesn't show any faith in people apart from how they are portrayed.

Based on your comments in these forums I would take you to be a shallow female who has no respect for men other than as mere objects for your own personal needs. HOWEVER I do not know you personally and therefore I am not qualified to make these comments, and in reality you are probably a very normal person who respects men for their role in society.

Not all ripped people are shallow and have bad personalities, its often that people feel socially inferior to them due to societal pressure and form these internal opinions to justify their own feelings of inadequacy which come out in the form on personal attacks/snide remarks about the person of topic.

MODS: I know this shoulda been a PM.....

Dan...

Formerly owned:
'99 AU Falcon Ute
'88 EA Falcon GL
DanXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 07:21 AM   #60
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman82
Care to back that personal attack up?

Based on your comments in these forums I would take you to be a shallow female who has no respect for men other than as mere objects for your own personal needs. HOWEVER I do not know you personally and therefore I am not qualified to make these comments, and in reality you are probably a very normal person who respects men for their role in society.

Not all ripped people are shallow and have bad personalities

MODS: I know this shoulda been a PM.....

Dan...
Dan, it's an opinion mate, calm down. I just don't know if he's a nice guy or not. He can be ripped to the eyeballs but it doesn't necessarily make him someone I'd wanna spend time with.

I mean, I have thought on occasion for example that John Cusack would be nice, down to earth, friendly, approachable... but heard that in reality, he doesn't talk to anyone and when ordering a meal, he'll whisper what he wants to his PA, who will then tell the waitress (http://www.bitterwaitress.com/).

I was saying in my post that everyone should work on their inner worlds and that perfection is only skin deep. Concentrating on the meaning of life, the big questions, and personal growth are much more attractive.

I didn't say that all ripped people are shallow and have bad personalities, just that it's a tendency is all. They are focussed on having the "ideal" bod and can get caught up in how they look, rather than how they think, or how they feel about the world, or laughing alot and mucking around.

And my comments - do you realise how women have put up with that kinda stuff for years now? Remember that Jessica Simpson thread (men on here would hit that and not even want to chat to her)... or the thread where men put up pics of hot chicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post