Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #31
Rodge
Banned

Default Re: THE 60k CHALLENGE .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
...... even comes with an upgrade to a Herrod exhaust ..... 2011 model for under 60k On the road. I am sure if you went in with money in hand 55k would be very easy! Sorry it is not brand new as it has 5 kilometres on the clock
Classic. Great thread Flappist and bound to stir controversy, so I'll add some spice just for fun Poeple bleated like stuck pigs that they wanted a cut price ball-tearer now they bleat like, yes you guessed it, stuck pigs it hasn't got this bit or that bit of tech or it doesn't come with 6/4 brembo's or they really wanted an XR8, (funny how they didn't buy one before when they were available), or they want GT-P spec for GS money, really I suspect that if a SC GS FPV did come with GT-P spec for GS money and FPV threw in a free trip to outer space on the space shuttle that still wouldn't be good enough for many of "the bleaters". I'm sure when FG2 comes along they'll still find plenty to complain about.
Old 20-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #32
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
Classic. Great thread Flappist and bound to stir controversy, so I'll add some spice just for fun Poeple bleated like stuck pigs that they wanted a cut price ball-tearer now they bleat like
I'm pleased for you that you're in the position to call $60k cut price.
Old 20-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #33
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
He's from the country...

Flap,

The majority of car buying public live in the city....300kw is not the be all and end all nore is RWD....add comfort, build quality, resale, after sales service etc etc etc.
Yep ... that's why Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, etc are doing so well because the majority don't give a toss. But ... believe it or not ..... there is a market for 300 plus cars which is fairly obvious to HSV and FPV. Have a look around here and LS1 and the most prominent and constant topics on these sites. "How do I make make my Festiva go faster?" If there wasn't an emphasis on the power stakes, both these 2 (and AMG etc) should just pack up shop now. They believe it is important enough to put a bloody big sticker on the *** of them!

YES ..... we have choices. Great aint it but if these cars are not what tickles your fancy, buy the Camry, i30, Corolla, Landcruiser, G6ET ... what ever but no need to poo poo other peoples likes because it doesn't suit. If a Focus is the requirement ....GREAT If you want something for bragging rights for under 60k ..... GREAT

If the GS was 250kw and was $45,000 ....... wonder what the conversation would be ..... if the GS had leather, sat nav, 315kw, electric seats, seat warmers, touch screen, lip stick holder and was 90k I wonder what the conversation would be ..... One thing I know it would end in tears because someone would say it doesn't suit them so they are crap and no one should buy them because of the their reasons.

As far after sales service ..... don't worry .... they are all the same ...... as far as resale .... they are all so similar (the big cars) ..... as far as quality ...... they ALL have their issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOson
I'm pleased for you that you're in the position to call $60k cut price.
I would say it is very reasonable for what you get ...... but not lets get back into this arguement as what is important for you is not the same for everyone else ....... do you get this point or not??????? You like your near 50k pocket rocket .... once again ... GREAT As far as for me goes .... it isn't for me but I don't go bagging it out!

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 20-06-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 20-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #34
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Classic. Great thread Flappist and bound to stir controversy, so I'll add some spice just for fun Poeple bleated like stuck pigs that they wanted a cut price ball-tearer now they bleat like, yes you guessed it, stuck pigs it hasn't got this bit or that bit of tech or it doesn't come with 6/4 brembo's or they really wanted an XR8, (funny how they didn't buy one before when they were available), or they want GT-P spec for GS money, really I suspect that if a SC GS FPV did come with GT-P spec for GS money and FPV threw in a free trip to outer space on the space shuttle that still wouldn't be good enough for many of "the bleaters". I'm sure when FG2 comes along they'll still find plenty to complain about.
many of the bleaters are bs'ers with big mouths and thin wallets.....
Old 20-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #35
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: Ford/FPV haters.....THE CHALLENGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
But when HSV had more Kw`s we had our faced rubbed in it and we were constantly viewed as the underdog. Now we have the Kw`s and Ford`s own supporters say it not about the Kw`s its about the gadgets.... Go figure ... for me it`s definately about the kilowatts and the 0 to 100 otherwise i might as well go buy a Camry.
Its because the majority of people are full of it and are never going to buy one. There is ALWAYS an excuse. Regardless of what is done it'll be it doesn't do this, or it doesn't do that, or fuel prices gone up or the salesman didn't know the product, blah blah blah.....
Old 20-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #36
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
it isn't for me but I don't go bagging it out!
questioning the price is a far cry from bagging it out. i dont recall ever calling it a crap car.
Old 20-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #37
Rodge
Banned

Yeap, can't help but wonder how much of it is simply the envy monster being let off its leash ?

A while back on another thread I posted links to cars for sale on carsales.com.au showing you could have a demo GS for $48K, $1,500 for a tune and you'd have a genuine hard core muscle car with circa 370-380 rwkw's for less than $50K. For those looking for a real high performance vehicle I would pose the question, what part of that isn't good value for money ?

Such an extremly high performacne vehicle would definitly be "cut price" for the performance on offer IMO, but I guess there's always a Diahatsu Charade if the above doesn't tickle your fancy

Last edited by Rodge; 20-06-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 20-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #38
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
questioning the price is a far cry from bagging it out. i dont recall ever calling it a crap car.
Yeah ... probably a little over the top. The "Sub par" comments, over priced ... bad leather etc gets a little monotonous but then opinions is what we are all about

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #39
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
But ... believe it or not ..... there is a market for 300 plus cars which is fairly obvious to HSV and FPV.
Damn skippy there is - take at look at what Europe has to offer... its just with the rediculous markup on Aus imports, we dont have alot of reasonably priced models to choose from.

$60kish for FPV,HSV/Chrysler is pretty good with what comes under the hood...

For import markup:

Take a Porsche 911 Carrera for eg:
Porsche USA: $79,000 ($75,049 AUD)
Porsche Aus: $239,370

Take a Merc SL Roadster:
MB UK: £63,555 ($97,688 AUD)
MB Aus: $259,183

Im not comparing HSVs/FPVs with Porsche and MB products, but for what we get to play with for at least under $100k, we are pretty limited....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 20-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #40
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The idea of the thread is simple.

Many people are whinging that the FPV GS is overpriced so obviously if that is the case there must be lots of similar or better products at the same or lower prices.

No one seems to have found one yet.

Bearing in mind that they are quicker across the 0-400m than anything from team B up to and including the 90k GTS.

Maybe they are not so overpriced at all really.......
Old 20-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #41
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
No one seems to have found one yet.
I'm deliberately ignoring your requirement for a V8 because its nonsensical.

The F6 at $60k is the best bang for buck car available right at this point in time. Full stop.
Old 20-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #42
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:

The F6 at $60k is the best bang for buck car available right at this point in time. Full stop.
If it's nonsensical, why keep posting?

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 20-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #43
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good thread flappist,its amazing how many didn't get the point.
Anyway as far as I'm concerned Ford put out a good product and every car has its problems not just Ford.
So how about all the knockers give it a rest and start posting constructively for a change.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 20-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #44
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Finally the message has been displayed ^^^ Game Set & Match !
Old 20-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #45
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:

NOT if you want a V8 (which happens to be Supercharged) .........

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #46
Zero_PSI
Banned

Because a 300kw+ large v8 sedan will cover what every australian needs/wants. And if they just realised this every australian would own one.
Old 20-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #47
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Wouldn't the "best value" car depend on what the person wanted anyway?

You'd get 50,000 different answers from 50,000 different people (and 50,000 arguments).

Personally I think enjoy them while they last because in todays politically correct times and "anti-hoonism" they're pushing it, all it takes is the media to get their hands on something like this and show Ford promoting hoon behavior and the government will knee-jerk big time to secure some votes for all the green warriors and the somebody think of the children town criers.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 20-06-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 20-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #48
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_PSI
Because a 300kw+ large v8 sedan will cover what every australian needs/wants. And if they just realised this every Australian would own one.

Why are you making it out like it hasn't been released??
Old 20-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #49
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Why are you making it out like it hasn't been released??
'they' as in buyers, not 'they' as in Ford.
Old 20-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #50
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Good thread flappist,its amazing how many didn't get the point.
Anyway as far as I'm concerned Ford put out a good product and every car has its problems not just Ford.
So how about all the knockers give it a rest and start posting constructively for a change.
Hmmm ok.... so, how will Ford advertise this???

"What sub 60 grand car will allow me to see all 4270 of my Facebook friends across 3 states in under 5 hours due to its 300+ killer wasps with room for 4 of the hottest ones that I added because their profile pics looked horn?"

FPV... Of course!
Old 20-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #51
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

The second part of the question was which full sized car of any type fitted the parameters and guess what......it is another FPV.....

Thanks for playing.......
Old 20-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #52
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
The second part of the question was which full sized car of any type fitted the parameters and guess what......it is another FPV.....

Thanks for playing.......
You're welcome. Had to give that one to you, otherwise you'd have started yet another thread on the topic :P
Old 20-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #53
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Hmmm ok.... so, how will Ford advertise this???

First company to build a ute... Ford
First Aussie Car with 5 star safety...Ford
First locally built SUV... Ford

Most Powerful 6 cyl on the market (?) Ford
Car of the Year...Ford

So for best performance V8 under $60,000... why look anywhere else?

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 20-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #54
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aren't most complaining about the fact that you can't buy an XR8. That a ford lover is forced to buy an SS to get their V8 fix if they can't afford to buy a GS.

I guess that point was missed by the OP....
Old 20-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #55
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Chaser
First company to build a ute... Ford
First Aussie Car with 5 star safety...Ford
First locally built SUV... Ford

Most Powerful 6 cyl on the market (?) Ford
Car of the Year...Ford

So for best performance V8 under $60,000... why look anywhere else?
Lets hope so!

The I6 is not the most powerful 6 I think, perhaps 'most powerful locally produced 6'?
Old 20-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #56
prydey
Rob

i'm gobsmacked that on a forum for ford enthusiasts so many people can't grasp the concept.

its an entry level FPV. want bells and whistles? buy the GT or GT-P or GT-E.

FPV - ford PERFORMANCE vehicles. they build performance cars. the name of the game has always been acceleration. read every mag review. they base the result largely on the numbers, because they mark them as performance cars.

seriously, how hard is it.
Old 21-06-2011, 02:06 AM   #57
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
i'm gobsmacked that on a forum for ford enthusiasts so many people can't grasp the concept.

its an entry level FPV. want bells and whistles? buy the GT or GT-P or GT-E.

FPV - ford PERFORMANCE vehicles. they build performance cars. the name of the game has always been acceleration. read every mag review. they base the result largely on the numbers, because they mark them as performance cars.

seriously, how hard is it.
too hard for some..........
Old 21-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #58
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Aren't most complaining about the fact that you can't buy an XR8. That a ford lover is forced to buy an SS to get their V8 fix if they can't afford to buy a GS.I guess that point was missed by the OP....
OFF TOPIC

I'm with Flappist and others, its getting a bit tedious reading post after post on other threads about how people now want a naturally aspirated XR8, what were all the bleaters doing when Ford did make an XR8 and hardly anyone bought one ? Why arn't they out there now buying the demo / run-out FG XR8's that are so plentiful on www.carsales.com.au ? Has it escaped their attention that Ford's inline six is light years ahead of Holdung's pathetic torqueless offerring that couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding ?

So how are we getting on with that list guys, where's all the alternatives seeing as the GS is alledged by so many to be "so over-priced"
Old 21-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #59
Hally

In my opinion, the biggest problem with the GS is two-fold:

1. It costs about $25k more than an an XR6 and all buyers see is a better engine, wheels, seats etc and cannot correlate that price differential, instead of looking at the GS stadalone against it competitors. the GS does not look a hell of a lot different to an XR6 to the average punter.

2. It is not seen as a performance 'package'. People who buy a 300kw+ car want big brakes and wider wheels, plain and simple. No one would be concerned if the gadgets were not there and performace basics are.
Old 21-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #60
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
OFF TOPIC

I'm with Flappist and others, its getting a bit tedious reading post after post on other threads about how people now want a naturally aspirated XR8, what were all the bleaters doing when Ford did make an XR8 and hardly anyone bought one ? Why arn't they out there now buying the demo / run-out FG XR8's that are so plentiful on www.carsales.com.au ?
If Ford gave them the right XR8 it would have sold. Do you think Ford can put an XR8 badge on anything and BAM it runs out of the showroom? Buyers aren't that stupid, most of them either went red or bought a turbo.

And the GS argument, alot of people wanted a cut price FPV, not an expensive XR. I think the GS is good value but I understand why many feel the opposite, get into a $33k XR6 and it has the same interior and exterior as the GS. You're not buying the GS for a fancy interior though...
Closed Thread